Surin: Fed-up driver boots foreign tourists out of minibus

webfact

The worst thing that's happening to international tourism is the nouveau riche in China. Now they are flooding the world's tourists spots with their crude and rude manners and complete naiveté about how to get along with others different from themselves. I applaud the driver and would gladly pay his fine.

Edited by HerbalEd

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is acceptible to not want to go where asked. They paid they decide where and when they go. Oh forgot.....thailand does not need happy tourists only their money.

Usually the driver would be paid on pre-agreed destination/route, if it changes that means more time and more fuel - therefore he should have the right to say no or pay more please... story states they asked him to go back and forth and on routes that were not convenient. Chinese tourists are growing in number and the more that come the more they bring unusual expectations of what they should get for their money. They are invariably rude, ignorant, impolite, dirty in their manner (picking off fruit displays in supermarkets like they are a buffet is one example) and disrespectful to most they meet. Don't be surprised to see many more stories in the future of Chinese meeting un-"happy endings" in Thailand if they continue to p1ss off the locals in this way with their behaviour. whistling.gif

In my limited experience, the passengers are expected to pay for the fuel as they go along.

I understand the driver's situation. I was recently flying from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and we were the first to arrive at the gate. Shortly about 16 or 17 Chinese tourists joined us. They were so loud my wife stuffed her ears with tissues. When it came time to board they all pushed to the front of the queue. I had paid extra to get the front row so I had legroom and waited until the last passengers were boarding. On the plane the Chinese were at the rear but when I went to put our cabin luggage into the overhead locker I found all the spaces had been taken by luggage with tags in Chinese attached. I emptied a locker and put the luggage in the aisle and soon had 2 very aggressive Chinese men yelling at me. By this time I was mightily pissed off and stood to my full height (6'5) and stared them down. Eventually with subdued grumbling they carted their cases to the back of the plane. I noticed as they got off they all had their luggage stowed in front lockers No wonder Chinese airlines are hiring martial arts experts to work at their counters.