True Visions packages

I telephoned True this morning in order to downgrade my platinum package 2,155.15 per month to Super entertainment 790 per month they asked me why and I explained that due to having no EPL this season I was not prepared to pay for the sports channels and that I had also had CTH installed Normally when you upgrade a package it is done there and then but I was told that my downgrade would take affect from 1 September. 10 minutes later True called me back and informed me that they are no longer offering Super entertainment and that this would be now called super family and would cost 1,050 per month an increase of 260 baht however the agent could not tell me what additional channel were to be included. I have been onto the True website and there they still advertise the Super entertainment at 790 has this happened to anyone else I get the felling that panic has set in they are loosing customers left right and centre and are looking to increase prices by changing packages. I told them that I would think about it but would more than likely cancel my True satellite by the end of the month Is it normal that true would make you wait until the end of the month before downgrading your package My package goes from 1st until the last day of the month.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're a low bunch.

3000 odd baht for an Apple TV at MBK, $10/month for an IP and DNS package, $8 per month for a Netflix package = all the telly you could ever want.

They're a low bunch.

Just got back onto True as I found another package called Super Knowledge cost 590 per month which is even cheaper and has the programme that the misses likes which is BBC Lifestyle so we are very happy CTH for Sky news and all the sports and True for Super Knowledge and better still I will be saving over 600 baht per month HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!! Suggest people look at the website rather than the little brochure they hand out on the payment counters.

They may drop this Entertaintment package next month when new channel upgrade is on it's way and that's why they don't give it anymore. More HD channels coming, HD Sport 3&4, Tennis HD etc. Website has ad about this Family package but no channel list yet. Have to wait for that.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/service.aspx?id=240

True channel 12 shows ad too and don't list entertainment package anymore

3000 odd baht for an Apple TV at MBK, $10/month for an IP and DNS package, $8 per month for a Netflix package = all the telly you could ever want.

I also have Apple TV and very happy with it but Netflix is not offered in Thailand. Are you able to get it in Thai?

I also have Apple TV and very happy with it but Netflix is not offered in Thailand. Are you able to get it in Thai?

You forgot to add in the cost of broadband!

• Like 1

You forgot to add in the cost of broadband!

Good point. However most would have it anyway I would have thought.

You can access Netflix by installing the Hola browser. http://hola.org/

try unblockus, or overplay for solutions. Both have detailed 'how to's', not that it is hard to install....

We downgraded our package from Gold to Knowledge when we were going to be overseas for a while. It seems to be standard procedure that they claim it needs to start from 1st of the month.

On the other hand, on coming back for a couple of weeks and wanting to upgrade to Gold again so I could watch EPL, they could do that very quickly and the bill was calculated prorata.

Now one time I did it and said, I want to upgrade today, and downgrade 2 weeks later - as we'd be in country for only 2 weeks. The upgrade could be done quickly but the downgrade would have to be with reference to 1st of month. Have done a couple of other variations and always the same pattern upgrades at once with bill pro rata and downgrades starting 1st of month.

Of course now they've lost the EPL, there's no need to bother upgrading from Knowledge at all smile.png

Another quirky thing is that for Knowledge we can still regularly see some of the Platinum channels smile.png

As for OP's original post, it doesn't surprise me the person didn't have a clue as to packages available and prices. With True the concept of "you get what you pay for" is totally alien. "You pay for what you get"laugh.png

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile