True Visions packages

crazykopite

I telephoned True this morning in order to downgrade my platinum package 2,155.15 per month to Super entertainment 790 per month they asked me why and I explained that due to having no EPL this season I was not prepared to pay for the sports channels and that I had also had CTH installed Normally when you upgrade a package it is done there and then but I was told that my downgrade would take affect from 1 September. 10 minutes later True called me back and informed me that they are no longer offering Super entertainment and that this would be now called super family and would cost 1,050 per month an increase of 260 baht however the agent could not tell me what additional channel were to be included. I have been onto the True website and there they still advertise the Super entertainment at 790 has this happened to anyone else I get the felling that panic has set in they are loosing customers left right and centre and are looking to increase prices by changing packages. I told them that I would think about it but would more than likely cancel my True satellite by the end of the month Is it normal that true would make you wait until the end of the month before downgrading your package My package goes from 1st until the last day of the month.

They're a low bunch.

Just got back onto True as I found another package called Super Knowledge cost 590 per month which is even cheaper and has the programme that the misses likes which is BBC Lifestyle so we are very happy CTH for Sky news and all the sports and True for Super Knowledge and better still I will be saving over 600 baht per month HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!! Suggest people look at the website rather than the little brochure they hand out on the payment counters.

They may drop this Entertaintment package next month when new channel upgrade is on it's way and that's why they don't give it anymore. More HD channels coming, HD Sport 3&4, Tennis HD etc. Website has ad about this Family package but no channel list yet. Have to wait for that.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/service.aspx?id=240

True channel 12 shows ad too and don't list entertainment package anymore

3000 odd baht for an Apple TV at MBK, $10/month for an IP and DNS package, $8 per month for a Netflix package = all the telly you could ever want.

I also have Apple TV and very happy with it but Netflix is not offered in Thailand. Are you able to get it in Thai?

3000 odd baht for an Apple TV at MBK, $10/month for an IP and DNS package, $8 per month for a Netflix package = all the telly you could ever want.

I also have Apple TV and very happy with it but Netflix is not offered in Thailand. Are you able to get it in Thai?

You forgot to add in the cost of broadband!

• Like 1

You forgot to add in the cost of broadband!

Good point. However most would have it anyway I would have thought.

You can access Netflix by installing the Hola browser. http://hola.org/

try unblockus, or overplay for solutions. Both have detailed 'how to's', not that it is hard to install....

We downgraded our package from Gold to Knowledge when we were going to be overseas for a while. It seems to be standard procedure that they claim it needs to start from 1st of the month.

On the other hand, on coming back for a couple of weeks and wanting to upgrade to Gold again so I could watch EPL, they could do that very quickly and the bill was calculated prorata.

Now one time I did it and said, I want to upgrade today, and downgrade 2 weeks later - as we'd be in country for only 2 weeks. The upgrade could be done quickly but the downgrade would have to be with reference to 1st of month. Have done a couple of other variations and always the same pattern upgrades at once with bill pro rata and downgrades starting 1st of month.

Of course now they've lost the EPL, there's no need to bother upgrading from Knowledge at all smile.png

Another quirky thing is that for Knowledge we can still regularly see some of the Platinum channels smile.png

As for OP's original post, it doesn't surprise me the person didn't have a clue as to packages available and prices. With True the concept of "you get what you pay for" is totally alien. "You pay for what you get"laugh.png

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

Op, Do not buy any of the basic packages from True Visions - buy the internet package from True Online. The current offer includes free wireless CISCO router, free telephone line and free TV package. Depending on what you sign up for you can enjoy a good internet connection and a free TV package - either 'Enjoy', 'Knowledge' or 'Super Sports' for the same or less than a separate TV package.

I went the CTH route for the EPL. I also took advantage of the Super Sports package at 999 Baht per month with true Online. I cancelled my 3BB subscription for nearly 1000 baht per month. For the same money I now have 15 MBPS down and 1.5 MBPS up, a free telephone line with 100 bahts worth of free calls each month, a free CISCO 4-port wireless router and the Super Sports 92 channel TV package for free. The only other cost was 1000 baht for the set top box. I also get all the other football games not covered by CTH, including the European Champions League, the International Friendlies, and MUTV.

Check it out, you could save yourself some money.

Op, Do not buy any of the basic packages from True Visions - buy the internet package from True Online. The current offer includes free wireless CISCO router, free telephone line and free TV package. Depending on what you sign up for you can enjoy a good internet connection and a free TV package - either 'Enjoy', 'Knowledge' or 'Super Sports' for the same or less than a separate TV package.

I went the CTH route for the EPL. I also took advantage of the Super Sports package at 999 Baht per month with true Online. I cancelled my 3BB subscription for nearly 1000 baht per month. For the same money I now have 15 MBPS down and 1.5 MBPS up, a free telephone line with 100 bahts worth of free calls each month, a free CISCO 4-port wireless router and the Super Sports 92 channel TV package for free. The only other cost was 1000 baht for the set top box. I also get all the other football games not covered by CTH, including the European Champions League, the International Friendlies, and MUTV.

I went from T.O.T after 3 years internet +phone true was doing a good deal a 3 day wonder? but I went for it 2 days later installed 12 mg plus 26 channels with 7 sports I get well over 12mg down for 899bt pm..meant to add went to T.oT for wi fi they said 1000bt .. true was with Wi-Fi box 1000bt including fitting

Edited by geezer2

To bring up a phone line would cost me 6,000 baht + 1 year rent up front to 3 b total cost was about 12,000 baht so you can see they have your neck around the noose I can only have 3 b in my area. Have got the CTH for EPL and have downgraded to Super Knowledge with True which means I will be saving some 600 baht per month so it looks like its Happy Days just hope come the 17th that the EPL will be in English and not Thai !!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are a captive market and being ripped off :bah:

I renewed my subscription to Abu Dhabi Sport,

not just sport, but several good HD channels as well

Last year it was $120 for the year

Worth every penny even if just for the F1 racing.

This year I received an SMS offering renewal at $41, so I grabbed it.

Just had my true bill come through they are trying to charge me for Super family rather than Super Knowledge super family costs 899 where super knowledge is only 590 and surprise surprise you only get 116 channels with super family as opposed to 117 on super knowledge when calling them they said they had made increases in charges I have told them I am only going to pay 590 of the bill and not the 1,053.30 they are asking for I get the feeling that they are becoming desperate and are resorting to dirty tactics in the hope customers will not pick notice I suggest you check your latest bills from True.

• 1 month later...

Is this another true visions scam? On the whole of the last page of last Sunday's Bankok post, there is a huge colour advert for the Disney Channel, Channel 37. Written in large letters it clearly states that this is now available to ALL subscribers. I have a Gold subscription, which when I signed up, 4 months ago, I was told that it would get me All Gold channels. However, I now find that some of the BBC channels which I particularly wanted are GoldA and not part of my subscription. It seems that Gold isn't one down from Platinum at all but has many different addons!! I have 2 boxes but am told it is not possible to have different packages on each one. I thought it depended on which card you had in the box.

i've checked out the links but it doesn't give me any answers as to why TV are advertising channel 37 available to ALL subscibers which is blatantly untrue as I do not receive channel 37 in my Gold HD package. Is there an advertising standards agency in Thailand that I can report them to?

• 7 months later...

i am coming over full time soon seeking knowledge, are there any other providers ? but i do not see any alternatives mentioned.all i hear about is "TRUE" and a note to Astral i know you have many posts, but can you quote prices in Bahts please and not dollars, just goes above my head, after all this is Thai visa. and not being disrespectful ok

CTH is about 900 baht a month I think, including premier league football.

GMMZ is about 500 baht a month, or again 900 including premier league.

Both have less stuff then True Gold or Platinum which are about 1500 baht and 2000 baht respectively.

There are also local cable providers that I imagine are in the <500 baht category.

Or you can get a big dish from PSI or someone - I don't have any experience of that though.

a friend in thailand mentioned UBC anyone dealt with them, good or bad experiences etc, only all i hear about is TRUE TV-- not much interest in football realy, if i did want to see a game i would pop down to the boozer for some atmosphere, motorbikes and cars are my interests, (gonna miss my Fireblade)

thanks Taotoo, for that, info all written down in my little "blue" book, are there any other channels on it, ? or is that just a sports package so UBC is TRUE then, only she gave me the impression they were two different providers, but thanks again

They're definitely the same thing - the name changed seven or eight years ago, so your friend must have been here a while...

You also get Sky News, various American FOX channels, 3 x NatGeo channels, Eurosport and not much else that you'd want to watch. You can see what you get at this link (click the platinum tab) http://www.gmmz.tv/package.php

If you're into F1/MotoGP/Tennis/Golf it's great value. You probably won't be too impressed by the movies etc.

If you want more choice you can get True for 1500 or 2000 baht per month - that comes with some BBC stuff, premium boxing, Champions League etc.

I just want 24 hour UK-centric news and the sports above, so GMMZ's a no-brainer for me.

thanks bud, re. eurosport, i was told that was unavailable in Thailand, so maybe get to see British superbikes, (got a couple of mates racing in it) and the geographic channels that is all i watch in uk, and as to the "friend", thai lady lived here 33 years, just a very helpful person, and a shop owner (for a change) lol !!