upsetting day

kevvy

Today was a normal day went to work and done what I had to do . I have 25 workers and all get on very well with myself and my wife.At the end of the day I heard a cry for help, one of the workers had cut trough the bone of his left foot and when it came out it cut his right foot as well , he received 4 very deep cuts .He was working with an angel grinder. I rushed up to him and everyone was just standing there. I pick him up and carried him to the office , blood was everywhere. .Put him the car and held his feet up high while my wife drove us to the hospital . Once there he was rushed inside and the nurses came over and took him away .

His wife came down 15 minutes later and they would not let her in to see him, this was in Pluagdang Hospital . After 1 hour we got to see him and the doctor had stitched him up.My wife noticed he did not have a pillow and his head was lying on the end of the steel bed. She complain to the nurse and the nurse said why didn't he move himself . they put the bed up but no pillow came . After 2 hours they said we have to take him to Rayong Hospital as he needed to have a operation on his left foot. I asked where is the ambulance to take him to the hospital .They told my wife we had to take him as we had a car there. She said what happens if he goes into shock and the nurse said drive fast . This is my first time with a government hospital , as we left they gave the bill to my wife which she paid.I think it was disgusting .

question ....Are the hospitals in the RAI the same ?

I have, on several occasions, used ambulances from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, and found them to be excellent. Latest equipment including oxygen, defibrillator and basic emergency medical treatment drugs and supplies. There are 4 personnel on board: doctor, nurse, paramedic and driver. I think any ambulance from a major hospital in Thailand would be equipped and staffed in like manner. I was never asked about payment until after arrival at the hospital.

Edited by moradave

I have, on several occasions, used ambulances from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, and found them to be excellent. Latest equipment including oxygen, defibrillator and basic emergency medical treatment drugs and supplies. There are 4 personnel on board: doctor, nurse, paramedic and driver. I think any ambulance from a major hospital in Thailand would be equipped and staffed in like manner. I was never asked about payment until after arrival at the hospital.

They are not

you are right about major hospitals and their service , but this was a small government hospital in Pluagdang and their ambulances were just vans . My friend and worker is now in Rayong hospital and doing Ok. he will be there for about 2/3 days so we have been told by the doctors there.

• Like 1

you are right about major hospitals and their service , but this was a small government hospital in Pluagdang and their ambulances were just vans . My friend and worker is now in Rayong hospital and doing Ok. he will be there for about 2/3 days so we have been told by the doctors there.

Good to hear.

Good to hear.

thanks harry and i am like transam , i like you too.

he was wearing runners. told the wife to buy boots for the workers now , even though it is too late , but maybe not to late for someone else. we treat our workers with kindness and always take them out for dinner once a month , after all they are just the same as anyone else who need respect even though they are construction workers.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and the accident. I hope your friend recovers nicely and completely. If I were you I'd be worried sick about him and I hope you're dealing with it OK.

The boots are a good idea and I'd get them, but then if he were wearing them he might have cut his hand. Accidents happen on job sites.

I wish all of you the best.

Sometimes it's hard to get people to wear boots, especially in hot climates.

I've worked for companies that supplied them free very year and I would say that most refused to wear them until they became a condition of employment.

Most safety boots only have a steel toecap to prevent injuries from heavy dropped objects anyway, the injuries to Kevvy's employee would have in all likelihood been the same.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and the accident. I hope your friend recovers nicely and completely. If I were you I'd be worried sick about him and I hope you're dealing with it OK.

The boots are a good idea and I'd get them, but then if he were wearing them he might have cut his hand. Accidents happen on job sites.

I wish all of you the best.

my wife and I did not got to work today , and all the workers had a day off too. we went back to hospital this morning and suk (my friend) had his operation early this morning . it just makes me sick and I feel guilty why I couldnt have stop this from happening . Human nature i suppose. anyway he will not have any permanent damage

thanks neversure for giving support . always remember your kind words .

• Like 1

I've worked for companies that supplied them free very year and I would say that most refused to wear them until they became a condition of employment.

Most safety boots only have a steel toecap to prevent injuries from heavy dropped objects anyway, the injuries to Kevvy's employee would have in all likelihood been the same.

we will tell our workers/ friends to wear them . just to make them feel safer .i agree with you that we will have to be strict in the footwear code, we will do that as soon as we can , will get the boots on staurday. we supply safety glasses and gloves and we do have first aid station as well.

Thanks sceua

The burden of blame is not all yours, the worker also has a responsibility to make sure that they are safe with what they are doing. It sounds like you are approachable so a worker can always let you know if they don't feel safe.

totster :)

• Like 1

Good to know he has no permanent damage,if you only try to adhere to industry minimums which usually means hard hat,safety glasses,safety boots,gloves and high visibility clothing or at least a high visibility vest it's a positive.

While Thailand's petrochemical industry maybe up to speed it's clearly evident that construction has a long way to go regarding safety,yes it's very hot here but it's also very hot in places like Equatorial Guinea where I have worked and standards are adhered to there,ok they are enforced by the major oil companies but you get the gist.

• Like 1

post-164407-0-28106100-1376626323_thumb.

post-164407-0-10656800-1376626687_thumb.

everyone is excited today as my friend suk is coming back from hospital , have arrange a welcome back gathering and some drinks . his tendions on both feet had been cut . sadly he will not walk around for a long time . but he is home and that is great news.

• Like 2

a very disproportionate number of accidents occur at the end of the day.

sometimes they happen , but we all have to be careful so it does not happen to us or others.. other times you just cannot help it.