365 sport coverage

Sunderland

The True/CTH thread is useful and informative, but it has clearly confused some posters now that 365 sport's service has been introduced, and I noticed some people were clearly getting confused between what CTH and 365 were offering. In light of that it seemed sensible to have a new thread.

I watched Liverpool v Stoke and Sunderland v Fulham on my TV connected to my computer via an HDMI lead. The coverage was good, and there was no buffering whatsoever. There was a 2-3 minute period at the start of the Liverpool game when the picture disappeared and an 'Astro Byond' screen came up apologizing for the loss of picture due to weather. Astro Byond is the name of the Malaysian satellite provider's IPTV service, so for anyone who isn't clear about the original source of the programming, it's there for all to see. Hopefully CTH will roll something similar out very soon.

As mentioned elsewhere, 365 sport is currently in the middle of a testing phase and offer their software, username and password for free until 27 August. Thereafter, you will be looking at paying 600 baht per month. Does this represent good value for money? At the moment I would say yes and no.

The programming content offered when all 5 channels are up and running can't be argued with. You will be able to watch live Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, Dutch Eredivisie, rugby, international athletics, F1, etc. etc. etc.

The picture quality is OK. I would say that at this moment it is comparable to some of Truevisions SD sports channels, which are OK, but when you have experienced HD you don't really want to go back to watching grainy images of blobs running around the screen. If the server is locally based, then a 720p stream should be possible with a steady 5 Mb/s download speed. Many people have steady Internet speeds that would handle that.

In conclusion, it's a bright opening for sport 365, but without an improvement in picture quality I will personally continue to download HD quality full matches from football forums and watch on a delayed basis until sport 365 or CTH come up with an HD quality 720p IPTV stream for their football.

Programme content: 10/10

Picture quality: 7/10

Value for money (at present): 8/10

I downloaded 365 Sport on my laptop yesterday and watched the Liverpool & Arsenal matches. It was great being able to see the matches live, however the picture quality seem very poor compared to Thaiexpat.tv, and on which I can watch BBC's match of the day.

Cost wise, great it's free for another weekend and will hope picture quality improves. If it doesn't and it is 600 Baht a month, I may choose to spend that money in a bar and watch better quality picture.

I also see that not all matches are being shown on 365 Sport - last night no Norwich match and no Chelsea match today, and showing Man City match at 2AM early Monday when it should be early Tuesday!

I hope the guys at 365 Sport can improve the whole thing - I would prefer to watch all the matches at home.

For me it was excellent and I would pay for it because I have no cable in my room. It is far superior to the streams I had to watch last year. They are often slow, lag and have adverts so for a small cost I would pay. The cost is a little too high though, 400 would be better.

Couldn't connect with the software this evening, and the website has disappeared. Is that the end for sport365 already or a major upgrade coming? Well, we have no idea as there is nothing on their Facebook page and they didn't sound out an email ... so answers on a postcard to the usual address.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have cone to the conclusion that 365sport are pure amateurs!!! Tried to watch the footy from last night and after half time it skips to 5:15am, when watching on delay! Absolutely furious as paid a year upfront. Constantly changing channels when la liga games on too. Prices to me that iptv is way off bring reliable here if I want the real shit then pay for satellite and live stress free! Won't be renewing with 365sport again!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else get fluctuating sound when watching 365sport.com? If I watch it on full screen on my TV (via HDMI) I sometimes get very poor sound quality. The picture quality is excellent, with no breaks whatsoever, and seems true HD, which is very impressive as I am using the building's wifi. But I have to keep reducing the picture size or even pausing it to stop the wawa type sound and get it to return to normal.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if 365Sport will be covering the World Cup? When i signed up last year i was under the impression that it would. Just got an email from them about Thai Expat TV, their sister company, promoting the World Cup coverage they have. Implication seems to be that 365 Sport won't have it. Can anyone clarify / confirm?

Does anyone know if 365Sport will be covering the World Cup? When i signed up last year i was under the impression that it would. Just got an email from them about Thai Expat TV, their sister company, promoting the World Cup coverage they have. Implication seems to be that 365 Sport won't have it. Can anyone clarify / confirm?

Well they don't have any channels purely for the World Cup, just that you can watch it on BBC and ITV.

Well they don't have any channels purely for the World Cup, just that you can watch it on BBC and ITV.

Actually just received an email from them to say they will be adding channels for the World Cup and will show all 64 games. Well done 365. Made me happy.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ilikeHD has lots more sports channels,and has just added SKY sports,plus its cheaper

than 365, and they also have a very wide range of other channels, i.e.Movies,Docs.

News,Kids,etc etc, works from your desktop PC, or Android box.

regards worgeordie

• 2 months later...

Just spent a long time asking questions about their "live feed" and also the question of the blocked out logo during premiership. Received a totally political non absolvement reply regarding that they have no control over the content of programmes and that they are only a conduit!!

Furthermore they seem to be dis -interested that the majority of their programmes are not "live " as previously advertised. Most of them are "on demand " with very old sports fixtures.

Seems to me that they ( 365 sports) are relying on past advertising and promotional Hype of "Live TV" to take us away from True Visions. with promises of "live events"

But there is no new content "live" that I have experienced......except when they employ FOX ,....who are full of adverts , which is the one thing that we all try to get away from.

I have all emails to hand to this company to verify my statements today and to verify their responses to some simple questions regarding the logo/live feeds etc etc ......But they use political Jargon in their replies to obviscate any confrontational issues.

To 365 SPORTS .....Just reply with simplicity and do not take it that all farangs are "past it; with their understanding of the offers on the market. TO 365 SPORTS .........We are aware of your business practices.....give the viewer what he origianally signed up for ....live events and is still payng for ..NOT recorded sports events.

Why pay for a service that cannnot be respsonible for it"s services and lack of support with political answers that remove them from responsibility for answering genuine questions ....... a true lack of service support and answers that the paying public deserves

They are not all that they seem!! Buyer beware!

Is this service usable worldwide gents...?

redrus

I am sure it is..But read my mail. I will not be going to back to 365 Sports anytime soon...they are NOT live and are actually on "demand" a few days later....You can get most of these channels ..with "live coverage " on other Uk channels.

As much as any other illegal stream is, I'm sure, except for this one you have to pay.

Absolutely.. seems like a bunch of young internet "experts" have coined in on an illegal "free to view system" from europe and do not possess any legal right to be here in Thailand . Why do I say that...because of the payment and billing system that is linked to another expat television operation which holds the same account details. Great if you can take in x million baht per year and not even appear to be here in this country.

And then not even respond to genuine queries about services and coverage.

Just spent a long time asking questions about their "live feed" and also the question of the blocked out logo during premiership. Received a totally political non absolvement reply regarding that they have no control over the content of programmes and that they are only a conduit!!

Furthermore they seem to be dis -interested that the majority of their programmes are not "live " as previously advertised. Most of them are "on demand " with very old sports fixtures.

Seems to me that they ( 365 sports) are relying on past advertising and promotional Hype of "Live TV" to take us away from True Visions. with promises of "live events"

But there is no new content "live" that I have experienced......except when they employ FOX ,....who are full of adverts , which is the one thing that we all try to get away from.

I have all emails to hand to this company to verify my statements today and to verify their responses to some simple questions regarding the logo/live feeds etc etc ......But they use political Jargon in their replies to obviscate any confrontational issues.

To 365 SPORTS .....Just reply with simplicity and do not take it that all farangs are "past it; with their understanding of the offers on the market. TO 365 SPORTS .........We are aware of your business practices.....give the viewer what he origianally signed up for ....live events and is still payng for ..NOT recorded sports events.

Why pay for a service that cannnot be respsonible for it"s services and lack of support with political answers that remove them from responsibility for answering genuine questions ....... a true lack of service support and answers that the paying public deserves

Do they not show Premiership games live then Rd ?

Do they not show Premiership games live then Rd ?

Is this service usable worldwide gents...?

redrus

You will be able to watch worldwide. Their servers, like their sister company Expat TV, are based in Thailand so those of us over here should be able to watch without buffering.

There are some comments here about the live content on 365 sport. Personally I've paid for it primarily to watch live and on demand EPL games. There are a lot of other sports covered, some live plus a lot of pre-recorded events and older re-runs. That's fine for me.

Last season I paid 321 baht per month to AIS to watch live EPL matches on my tab. Good quality and legal but restricted to a tab/mobile and live only..........no 'on demand' option. For 333 baht a month to 365 sport I can watch on a large screen TV as well as my laptop, tab and phone, I can watch live and on demand plus I have the bonus of all the other sports programs should I choose to watch them.

Of course there are other options. Sites like 'ilikehd' are reasonably good quality but live only. Sopcast is good quality, but again live only, plus nine times out of ten I end up with Russian commentary. Football-hd.com is also fairly good quality and has a good range of free channels (plus some pay per view) but, again, it's live only. If you want to spend half an hour getting rid of pop up adverts with hidden 'x' buttons you can always watch a very poor quality flash player........when it's not buffering of course. Lastly, if you want to pay three times the price, you can use CTH which is good quality, has 'on demand' as well as live matches and, of course, is definitely 100% legal.

I've used UKTV/ExpatTV since it first started some two years ago and have been happy enough with the programming they provide so the fact that 365 sport is owned and run by the same people does give me a certain reassurance that they won't just disappear with our money in a month or two. As for being 100% legal, I'll take a chance. There a loads of options to watch the EPL in Thailand but only CTH and AIS are definitely legal.

Lastly, when I've gone back to the UK I've used either a gifgaf or three sim for unlimited 3G internet and all the various options available to me in Thailand have also been available in the UK. Nothing has been blocked so far.

The live stream from 365 is about 2 mins behind that of CTH, which is around 40 seconds behind that of skysports... I know this, as was speaking to a mate on the phone as we watched the same game a while back.

365 is fairly good value for money, but if your internet goes down, or it rains in Bangkok (as the signal comes from Malaysia) then you lose the signal. CTH slightly more reliable, but of course more expensive.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived