Cost of a buffalo?

Saan

I know I am leading with my chin when I pose a question like this. But if all the comics out there can take it easy I genuinely want to know how much for a young buffalo or two that my in-laws can rear. I'd like to know what I am up for before the matter is formerly raised and I find I am committed to more than I want to pay.

I'd appreciate any advice.

฿8 - 10 000.- for nice ones. Plenty around Buriram, I told my wife 'ok', but we go shopping in a buffalo cart, she stopped then.

My neck of the woods, Kap Choeng, 20 k and up. If you can get for 8k go for it.

For a young buffalo, 8 - 10 k.
  • Like 1

฿8 - 10 000.- for nice ones. Plenty around Buriram, I told my wife 'ok', but we go shopping in a buffalo cart, she stopped then.

Just goes to show the difference of price in 100 km.

If you want to breed buy females. When the rice is harvested and the buffaloes are turned out to graze in the paddy fields, when the females come into season there will be male around that will service them. Last sold a large pregnant female for 16K but that was 10 years ago.

• Like 1

I figured these days there would be more money in cattle then Buffaloes.

The other way around in the KC area. Two cows,one pregnant 40k..Male buffalo for 25k. White male buffalo 50k.

Cafe born Aug 12, photo is 10 hours old.post-157194-0-98753800-1377005019_thumb.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 2

Yeah, your leading with your chin Saan when it comes to the comics but I'll make the effort anyway, should you when asking the question be also asking and commiting yourself to the question of how much it will cost you for for any buffalo that get sick...facepalm.gif

I figured these days there would be more money in cattle then Buffaloes.

The other way around in the KC area. Two cows,one pregnant 40k..Male buffalo for 25k. White male buffalo 50k.

Cafe born Aug 12, photo is 10 hours old.attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.g20130812_171716.jpg

What's a 'White male buffalo 50' look like?

There are 6 a short ways from our house. This is cp photo but looks identical. Also called a farang buffalo.

stock-footage-thai-white-buffalo-relax.j

Just goes to show the difference of price in 100 km.

Sounds like a business up for grabs, 100% profit.

Why are buffalo desired? They don't use them to till the fields anymore. The meat is not very good. They eat a lot. Require a lot of water. I'm posing this as a serious question. My wife only says that some people want them. Also, if they butcher them, how do they kill them?

I could pose the same question for Thai cows (cattle)...they are too skinny to get good meat. They don't seem to produce good milk. What do they do with them. I live in the country and have cows and buffs all around me. No one gives me a satisfactory answer to my question....only shrugs...smiles

Why are buffalo desired? They don't use them to till the fields anymore. The meat is not very good. They eat a lot. Require a lot of water. I'm posing this as a serious question. My wife only says that some people want them. Also, if they butcher them, how do they kill them?

I could pose the same question for Thai cows (cattle)...they are too skinny to get good meat. They don't seem to produce good milk. What do they do with them. I live in the country and have cows and buffs all around me. No one gives me a satisfactory answer to my question....only shrugs...smiles

Here they are partially for cultural preservation.

post-103093-0-89640100-1377066784_thumb.

• Like 1