I've gained 5kgs and want to lose it ASAP :(

kirstymelb101

go to your original post, click on the 80/10/10 takes you to a youtube clip ...tell me what he says in that clip .....i dont even want to look at the other clip you posted ...

answer again ....KETOGENIC DIET ..... is the best long term cure for diabetics ...

Kitsune has good results with her carbohydrate diet. While I don't agree with her, I must admit that it works perfect for her.

While I am an almost pure meat eater. I wounder if that has something to do that I have some very northern genetic in me or if it is just random.

If I wouldn't get meat for a week I would eat the neighbors cat or the neighbor.....Or the healthy body is just flexible enough to balance out between 80% meat and 80% vegetables.

The only thing that surely doesn't work for most people is fast food, cheapest fat + cheapest fast carbohydrates and huge amounts of sugar, specially fructose. I think everyone needs to find out for himself.

Also I guess there is a big difference between middle age women who don't exercise (Kitsune: no insult meant) and high Testosterone men who exercise like crazy every day.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ! I do exercise a little!

- 2 km walk with doggies every day

- 4 km bicycle most days

Yep we all agree on the sugar/salt/fat trilogy : it's baaaaad, so is processed food, transfats, saturated fats and cholesterol.

But what you don't want to understand is that saturated fat is mainly found in meat.

- 4 km bicycle most days

Yep we all agree on the sugar/salt/fat trilogy : it's baaaaad, so is processed food, transfats, saturated fats and cholesterol.

But what you don't want to understand is that saturated fat is mainly found in meat.

wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif apologize for "no exercise"

2+4 km is already something.....

yes transfats are pure evil...shouldn't be at all in food, the same as all the other chemicals (bought Almonds yesterday, they contain Palm Oil and artificial flavor (I didn't read the package in the supermarket). scary....).

some saturated fat, like be found in lean parts of meat won't hurt, it is just the excess amount and than in combination with too much sugar and no exercise.

saturated fat with low carbs just get burned for energy.

saturated fat with sugar, body uses the sugar for the energy needs and switch to full fat storage.

Of course if someone has a lot body activity...best in the cold, and is young he will tolerate wrong food way better than we middle aged who sit in the office mostly.

It is the complete package, that makes you sick....One burger with a big coke per week won't harm, the body can do that. But junk food 3 times per day, the body can't....unless you run a Marathon in Novosibirsks winter every day...but even than you have the chemicals and Transfats.

- 4 km bicycle most days

yes transfats are pure evil...shouldn't be at all in food, the same as all the other chemicals (bought Almonds yesterday, they contain Palm Oil and artificial flavor (I didn't read the package in the supermarket). scary....).

some saturated fat, like be found in lean parts of meat won't hurt, it is just the excess amount and than in combination with too much sugar and no exercise.

Remember the tolerated upper level for not getting sick on transfat, saturated fats, and cholesterol is ZERO

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21521229

- 4 km bicycle most days

Remember the tolerated upper level for not getting sick on transfat, saturated fats, and cholesterol is ZERO

Transfat: agree 100 %

cholesterol: 90% of the total cholesterol is produced by the body itself, so how much you eat with the food doesn't matter too much as long it isn't very high amounts. Cholesterol is needed to prevent cancer and is used to make many hormones.

The body needs saturated fat, if you eat too less of them it produces them from carbohydrates. As well all the healthy oils with unsaturated fats contain saturated. It is just energy. In moderation no problem. Moderation means for me, just lean meat, no fatty sauces, no oil for cooking. Zero % fat milk But what I still get with the food is OK for me.

Obvious if you don't want to get fat, don't eat fat.....

But I need some with my low carb diet, automatically the percentage of the calorie of fat in the diet rises.

- 4 km bicycle most days

Transfat: agree 100 %

cholesterol: 90% of the total cholesterol is produced by the body itself, so how much you eat with the food doesn't matter too much as long it isn't very high amounts. Cholesterol is needed to prevent cancer and is used to make many hormones.

The body needs saturated fat, if you eat too less of them it produces them from carbohydrates. As well all the healthy oils with unsaturated fats contain saturated. It is just energy. In moderation no problem. Moderation means for me, just lean meat, no fatty sauces, no oil for cooking. Zero % fat milk But what I still get with the food is OK for me.

Obvious if you don't want to get fat, don't eat fat.....

But I need some with my low carb diet, automatically the percentage of the calorie of fat in the diet rises.

Read the article

This is published the Institute of Medicine (IOM)

The IOM did not set ULs for trans fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol because any intake level above 0% of energy increased LDL cholesterol concentration.

you both really need to understand cholesterol more ...what you are missing is we are all different , none of us has the same dna ...... whats good for one, may not be good for another ....perhaps do more reading on HDL & LDL and the grey area in between the levels of both ... as for processed carbs we dont need them so dont eat them , as for animal fats, why not ? everything in moderation ...