Norwegian beaten to death, soi 7 Pattaya

manarak

I read a similar post somewhere on Thaivisa today, but I can't find it anymore.

I can confirm the story that was posted.

A 21 year old Norwegian tourist was beaten to death yesterday or the day before by kathoeys in soi 7.

A witness told me a kathoey from the ladyboy bar in front of happy gogo - this should then be "Nice bar 2" - touched the Norwegian man's penis through his pants, he didn't like it and said "xxxx you" to the kathoey who then began beating the guy.
More kathoeys joined the fight and kicked him using their stiletto heels - eventually they severely injured the man's neck and he began to bleed profusely (jugular artery ??) and died a short time later in the hospital.

I feel no punishment is too harsh for the perpetrators of this horrible crime.

Edited by metisdead
3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.
  • Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is getting too dangerous. Not a day goes by when we don't here of another violent incident regarding tourists. I think it's time for us to think about leaving. Obviously our safety is not a concern anymore.

Very sad but very true.

Poor guy, so young. RIP

Edited by brabo2180

Ladyboys are people, not "things" and maybe if the lad had been a little more secure in his own sexuality and a little less homophobic, he would still be alive. (Assuming the reports of a death are true.)

However, whatever precipitated the confrontation, such violence is inexcusable and one hopes that the suspects are found and prosecuted according to law.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

"Twenty-one year old Norwegian male beaten to death in Pattaya - Soi 7 - by a gang of katoey ladyboys. Apparently the victim suffered a fatal blow to the temple with a stiletto heel. (MiracleThailand/John Le Fevre)"

Anyone know for sure the nationality of the victim? Thanks.

There are some very unpleasant people posting in this thread. I think there is a big correlation in the change in attitude of Thai people to farangs and the increase in numbers of these aggressive, bigoted and narrow-minded farangs. Such a shame that they are here and not back in farangland where they belong.

Over the decades I've had all sorts of weird and wonderful people in Thailand trying to do things to me that I didnt really fancy, and I have never needed to do anything more than smile and say "no thanks" for it to stop.

• Like 2

Please could people forward this story to the local papers in their home country, for example the Daily Mail in the UK etc. This violent abuse and murder of foreigners by Thais who act with arrogance and impunity, as if foreigners are sub human, it has to be reported. Thailand has to be shown for what it is and Thais have to be shown for what they are until they learn to be accountable for the actions of their own people.

This act, however abhorrent and regardless of how angry it makes me....I'm not altogether sure that it is to do with being a foreigner. Perhaps more to do with the lowlife involved.

I have also seen ridiculous Thai on Thai(or at least from the region) violence. The lowlife that struck the blow should be wiped from the face of the earth.