Norwegian beaten to death, soi 7 Pattaya

manarak

RIP poor guy. The offenders, whatever gender they are, have to be found and prosecuted according to the law.

We all have to take lessons from this story.

What we are seeing here is a mutual offense problem. Katoeys intrude into a foreigner's private space, according to a Western morale, but this poor guy has returned an aggression, according to a Thai morale.

The thing is that we are on Thai territory.

Saying "<deleted> you" to a Thai (especially to a drunk or stoned one) is a certain way to get problems. For them, it does not matter who started first.

If someone does not want their pants to be touched, they should not go to insecure places. There are almost zero stories like that happened somewhere in Chiangmai.

Likewise if we don't agree our arm cut for breaking a live tree, don't go to certain Mid-East countries.

So if a katoey touches you, just pretend you haven't noticed it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Red light districts around the world are places you have to carefully in, drugs and alcohol are widely used.

You even see men fighting over the same hooker sometimes, unbelievably stupid but true.

RIP to the young man, I hope the persons guilty are caught and given long prison sentences.

Being a straight guy coming from Los Angeles where this is a huge gay population, I can tell you there is a big difference between a average gay man and a Ladyboy IN A BAR IN PATTAYA. I have many coworkers who are gay. They don't grab my willy.

So I would hope.

However, there is a big difference between what happens in your office between 9-5, and what happens in a street full of hookers after dark. At least, I hope there is.

Anyone who goes to somewhere like that Soi should reasonably expect to have his parts touched at some point, and should be prepared to deal with it in a pleasant manner. If not then he should not be there and should be in church instead.

Would anyone say "<deleted> you" to bar staff who call out "sit down please"? Or to massage parlour staff who call out "massage"? Or to an Indian tailor who invites you to buy a shirt on Beach Road? Or a motorbike taxi driver who calls out "taxi"? I doubt it. And if they did they could probably expect to be on the receiving end of something very unpleasant also. All these people are just doing their job, as are the hookers.

• Like 2

I'm sure you have read the stories in the past on this forum about the foreigners that did something the lady didn't fancy in Lucifer Disco and Soi 7, and what the outcome was of that.

No, I haven't. I'm not really very interested in what happens in such places as I never go to them, but if I went there I would be prepared for the worst and I certainly would avoid being aggressive towards anyone.

• Like 1

I wonder why he chooses Soi7? Soi6 running closely nearby is a much nicer Soi and if you are looking for a girl or just a beer the place to be.

I been riding though Soi 7 on my scooter a couple of times but not a place I want to walk unless in company with my wife and I know they will leave me alone.

• Like 1

I wonder why he chooses Soi7? Soi6 running closely nearby is a much nicer Soi and if you are looking for a girl or just a beer the place to be.

I been riding though Soi 7 on my scooter a couple of times but not a place I want to walk unless in company with my wife and I know they will leave me alone.

Soi 6, AKA mucky street a nicer place to be cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif , hope you don't go alone, your wife will chops ya nuts off w00t.gif

To the young Norwegian, RIP young man..

I searched the internet but can find no other mention anywhere of his death, only on Thai visa is it mentioned, maybe some more news will break soon.

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

They should move the sex industry to the dark side and let the majority of tourists in Pattaya be able to enjoy themselves. Anyone wants a sex for sale area can then go the other side of Suk .

What a comment, not in my back yard eh! Don't you think the residents of the dark side, which accounts for the majority of the population of Pattaya, would have something to say about that.

The majority of tourists in Pattaya do enjoy themselves and have a trouble free holiday, only a very small percentage of tourists have any issues whilst staying here.

Jeez, some people.facepalm.gif

Edited by angiud
profanity removed
  • Like 1

Also off topic but try riding your motorcy down soi 6 and then up 6/1. Get past the Queen Vic and there is a large number of khatoeys.

Coming back up 6/1 you will see almost ONLY khatoeys - and bloody big ones at that. Their balls have certainly dropped judging by their baritone voices.

Nothing wrong with soi 7, had many a good nights there. Yes you can walk down there anytime of the night and the girls come out and try to entice you into their bars by holding your hand or hugging you or grabbing your nuts but just a "no thanks I go look A Go Go" and off you go without any harm.

This is a tragic incident and yes it has happened to me before too. I had a Katoy massaging my neck one night in a bar there, I didn't know it was a Katoy. When I found out I said sorry I have a wife already, it went away but came back again, I said "sorry" but it kept harassing me and yes in the end I told it to <deleted> off and it did. Why should I put up with another MAN touching me? I was in a somewhat safe position because this katoy was working in that bar. In hindsight I should have just checked bin and moved on. It is not advisable to say <deleted> off to anyone in Thailand, I was lucky that night.

If the cops aren't already onto it perhaps a look at Happiness A Go Go's outside CCTV footage might help. Most Go Go's have a camera outside.

RIP to the young man.

Some nasty posts and replies have been removed. Unfortunately some of the replies to the nasty posts, were quite good, but irrelevant once the offending posts were removed.

Suspensions will be given for some of the more distasteful remarks that break forum rules.

• Like 2

Please could people forward this story to the local papers in their home country, for example the Daily Mail in the UK etc. This violent abuse and murder of foreigners by Thais who act with arrogance and impunity, as if foreigners are sub human, it has to be reported. Thailand has to be shown for what it is and Thais have to be shown for what they are until they learn to be accountable for the actions of their own people.

And foreigners arent often targeted by (unprovoked) violence in the uk? The indian student shot dead for no reason on boxing day in manchester instantly springs to mind

Please could people forward this story to the local papers in their home country, for example the Daily Mail in the UK etc. This violent abuse and murder of foreigners by Thais who act with arrogance and impunity, as if foreigners are sub human, it has to be reported. Thailand has to be shown for what it is and Thais have to be shown for what they are until they learn to be accountable for the actions of their own people.

This act, however abhorrent and regardless of how angry it makes me....I'm not altogether sure that it is to do with being a foreigner. Perhaps more to do with the lowlife involved.

I have also seen ridiculous Thai on Thai(or at least from the region) violence. The lowlife that struck the blow should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Whether or not it is specifically because he was foreign is irrelevant. This is specifically about the dangers of Thailand and Thai people. The world should know that Thailand is dangerous, that Thais are often dangerous. I don't know how Thailand and Thais got like this and I really don't care. What I do know is there are a large enough percentage of Thais who behave like sick, dangerous and demented animals that Thailand is a dangerous country and that the Thai authorities really don't give a sh*t what happens to foreigners as long as they make money from them.

So please lets inform our local papers, let people read yet another story about sick and disgusting violence in Thailand and maybe a few people will decide not to go.

If there was one tiny jot of evidence that the aveage Thai person was at all ashamed or concerned about this kind of thing then I would feel slightly less angry, but perhaops the most obscene thing if all is that Thais really think they are so superior (God only knows why they think that) that foreign lives just don't matter.

Best post on this thread.

RIP to the very young man that had his life wiped out by people who simply do not value another person's life.

Edited by BwindiBoy
  • Like 1

Nice editing out of the keyboard warrior remarks.

The british crime survey reported 48, 000 racially motivated crimes in 2011/2012. Not so statistically rare.

You can read the other violent crime numbers yourself.

Cant argue with you on the thai authorities response to such events though. Usually shocking indeed

Edited by ava15

I've walked up and down soi 7+8 many a times with no problems. I'm not saying this lad deserved it in anyway but it amazes me how people get into these tragic situations.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This act, however abhorrent and regardless of how angry it makes me....I'm not altogether sure that it is to do with being a foreigner. Perhaps more to do with the lowlife involved.

I have also seen ridiculous Thai on Thai(or at least from the region) violence. The lowlife that struck the blow should be wiped from the face of the earth.

If there was one tiny jot of evidence that the aveage Thai person was at all ashamed or concerned about this kind of thing then I would feel slightly less angry, but perhaops the most obscene thing if all is that Thais really think they are so superior (God only knows why they think that) that foreign lives just don't matter.

I suggest you are talking rubbish. Can you speak & read Thai? If so have Thais personally informed you they do not care about murders of innocent Westeners in their country? As an example, if you can read Thai, go to pontip.com where Thais discuss events & do express concern.

• Like 2

I suggest you are talking rubbish. Can you speak & read Thai? If so have Thais personally informed you they do not care about murders of innocent Westeners in their country? As an example, if you can read Thai, go to pontip.com where Thais discuss events & do express concern.

Thats good that a few express concern, they will express even more concern when they realise Thailand is being portrayed as a country of violent psychopaths in the media...

• Like 2

This place is getting too dangerous. Not a day goes by when we don't here of another violent incident regarding tourists. I think it's time for us to think about leaving. Obviously our safety is not a concern anymore.

go go go,have u any nice stuff to sell?????

• Like 2

And foreigners arent often targeted by (unprovoked) violence in the uk? The indian student shot dead for no reason on boxing day in manchester instantly springs to mind

Thats 1 in half a decade or so, not a few every week. And that 1 incident was headline news and turned into an international incident.

As mentioned previously, this hasn't even made the foreign language press in thailand, never mind anywhere else. I wonder why that is.......

• Like 1

Thats 1 in half a decade or so, not a few every week. And that 1 incident was headline news and turned into an international incident.

As mentioned previously, this hasn't even made the foreign language press in thailand, never mind anywhere else. I wonder why that is.......

I actaly think that Pattaya is a very safe place to be,except for the silly drunken farangs

An Australian student in Oklahoma, USA was recently just shot dead randomly. Imagine if that type of crime started happening in Thailand. No doubt the Thai bashers would have fun with that. Crime happens everywhere and Thailand is no worse and no better than anywhere else.

Has this story even been confirmed yet?