Dancing Places?

sweetpim

Hi There,

I am new here, nice to meet you all :o Can anyone suggest me of where where you guys go dancing? - Not disco dance..but salsa,swing or social dance. Anyone with the same taste? I am kind of bored here. Not many people that I know go dancing, unlike USA. Any suggestion?

Thanks a bunch!

sweets...never heard of that arrangement in Thailand...however in view of the current social order campaign an arrangement with 'taxi-dancing' in a ballroom with a band/orchestra with non-alcoholic drinks that is exempt from the current closing strictures might appeal to the local entrepenuer...

however he would have to teach the girls to dance salsa and merengue and provide ball gowns as well so maybe a larger bar fine..

twirling hostesses in gowns and punters in a revamped Nana Plaza to the orchestral strains of Tales of the Vienna Wood?

look out...here come the cops...

Thanks Tutsi,

Guess.... I just have to try dacing on my own at home. I am actually Thai but lived in US for awhile. Came home 2 years ago and have been trying to find good dancing places ever since. Not only a problem of place to go, good dance partner is even more difficult to find. Forget about those Thai guys. They are too shy (or too lazy) to move their body. Dunno why....

Mai Pen Rai.... :o

Thanks again!

Hi Sweetpim,

There is a salsa school and bar owned by a 31 yrs old Thai female. It isnt a phuyingbar. The bar is situated in Sukhumvit Soi 18 about 100 after Admirals Pub, same side (i cant remeber what side Admirals is).

/Robert

years ago large hotels in different parts of the world would feature 'tea dancing' afternoons with ballroom dancing from 4-6 pm...lots of folks of chinese origin used to get into it (talking about SF in the US and HK).

you might want to look into it locally...maybe it was just a fad at the time...

Hello pim,

If you like salsa, the only place I can think of now is LA RUEDA. Its a small pub, sometimes they have live mexican band. I am not sure about the location though , it might be somewhere in sukumvit something. I always get too piss before getting there. :o

Anyone know where La rueda locates?

Thanks everyone for good suggestions :D

I tried La Lueda on Valentine's day (located somewhere Sukhumvit 18). Robert, is that you talked about La Lueda? Same Soi though.

That place is not so much fun and not so many people. Space is small etc. Don't think will ever go back.

I will email John Stitch in case he is still dancing! Thank Khun Chonabot ka for the lead!

Pim :o

• 1 month later...

I tried La Lueda on Valentine's day (located somewhere Sukhumvit 18). Robert, is that you talked about La Lueda? Same Soi though.

That place is not so much fun and not so many people. Space is small etc. Don't think will ever go back.

I will email John Stitch in case he is still dancing! Thank Khun Chonabot ka for the lead!

Pim :o

yeah, this is it.

at least the only place I know..

I'm aquianted with 2 girls who teach there - one from Brasil another from Romania. both give good impression - at least enough to guess that there is something what must be quite close to latino dances. :D although I never been there personally....

• 1 year later...

I tried La Lueda on Valentine's day (located somewhere Sukhumvit 18).  Robert, is that you talked about La Lueda?  Same Soi though. 

That place is not so much fun and not so many people.  Space is small etc.  Don't think will ever go back. 

I will email John Stitch in case he is still dancing!  Thank Khun Chonabot ka for the lead!

Pim  :o

Hey how r you?, i want to know if u really find the place you where looking for dancing salsa,merengue,becouse im going to thailand on april and i want to take my thai girl to dance im from Dominican Republic which this kinda music its what i most dance :D

The "Fogo Vivo" is not bad, however not the greatest of space allthough the Instructors were good, there was a guy on Thai Visa (Chris?) who was a CEROC instructor who was looking to start something up, but dont know what happened to him. Ive not yet seen anything that resembles a "good " dance place.