New visa for taiwanese citizen

Dear all,

I hope anybody can help or give me some advice.

Following situation:

My girlfriend is Taiwanese (ROC) Citizen. She is living with me here in Thailand. I am working here and are holder of a working permit and residence permit. My girlfriend is here on Tourist Visa and is permanently extending her visa at the immigration office until she stayed around 90days and returns to Taiwan to apply for a new visa.

Since the tourist visa for taiwanese nver has been easy to achieve, and the latest news about SARS infections in Taiwan,

we think that when she has to return to Taiwan it will be very hard, if not to say impossible, for her to get a new toursit visa.

She is already living here for almost 8 months.

Do you have any advice or idea how the situation is regarding SARS infection and getting a Thai Visa in these countries?

I would be thankful for any hint

BR, Michael

Step 1: Provide the Thai consulate/embassy a copy of your RP and work permit, and write a polite letter that you are going to marry, and for that purpose she will need a Non-Immigrant Visa "O", single (or even better double) entry.

Step 2: Marry your girlfriend at an Amphur in Thailand, get the marriage certificate, and apply for a one year visa at Thai Immigration on grounds of marriage (she is depandant of you). As a resident you have a good chance for her to get a dependant visa.

The worldwide SARS has nothing to do with Thailand explicit.

Thai consulates LOVE paperwork, so give'm that!