Golf In Pattaya

fisherd3

Anyone got a favourite Golf Course near Pattaya they favour for a visitor to play a round, must hire clubs shoes etc? I favour Phoenix cos I know where it is, a good bet? Thanks.

Phoenix is an excellant course. They have club hire and if you play on a tuesday or thursday the green fee is reduced to 600 baht.

I'm a member at Phoenix but I must admit Burapha is one of my favourites in the area... spectacular scenery. :D

As with Phoenix, they also have sports days (not sure which days of the week though) and you can hire clubs, shoes etc.

I think the wide fairways of Burapha are slightly easier on my less-than-straight drives too, 'cos I always seem to score better there. :o

I think the biggest difference between Burapha & Phoenix is the greens at Burapha are a lot more "puttable" I've played Phoenix since it opened and never got the hang off the greens.

There's always Laem Chabang, if you want a challenge.

Tuesday is Sports Day there.

I recommend you join the Pattaya Sports Club for discounts on golf and other things at selected places. Here is the site:

http://www.pattayasports.org

Enjoy the golf.

hi

check out dianna inn on 2d road x soi dianna for free transport to laem chabang golf course. i think you must use a cart on the course.

its my favorite course in thailand (so far) nicklaus design, tricky greens. havent played dragon hills or blue canyon yet..............

if you dont want to make it public, feel free to pm me your score.

For a cheap round try Sriracha Inter. Nice course layout, but not very well kept. I played Kaow Keow the other day and found it to be similar.

In the mean time, the BSC Driving range in Sriracha is a great place to hit a few balls whilst the missus can eat, get a massage or sing Karaoke.

Well I've just come back from a meeting at Burapha Golf Club where I met with the Managing Director of World Sport (Thailand), and purchased a membership from him at a heavily discounted rate.

He has a number of family lifetime memberships available for sale... normally selling from the club for 500,000 baht... these are on limited offer for under 200,000 baht.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I will forward you the contact details.

:D

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with nor receive any stipend, allowance, beer money, etc. from either World Sport (Thailand) or Burapha Golf Club... I'm simply passing on the details of a fantastic limited offer to the members of ThaiVisa (who also don't give me any stipend, allowance, beer money, etc. :o )

I've played both Laem Chabang and Phoenix. My preference is Laem Chabang because it's more scenic by far. The first whole on, I think, the Mountain course is a pearler, because you stand on the tea and it looks like you need to drive though really close gateway of trees. The last but one hole on the same course is over a big ravine. Fantastic stuff.

Phoenix is great though. Never tried Burapha.

I'm off to Hua Hin to play on Saturday. Love it down there too.

Oh and a nice understated course in BKK . . I recommend Krung Kavee out near Dreamworld. Very cheap. Completely empty yesterday when I played in the afternoon (wednesday). Long holes though.

• 2 weeks later...

Played a round the other week on Chonburi Century Country Club, or something like that, first time there.Not the best condition but not a bad layout and totally empty and 100 Baht green fees, unbelievable value.

:o EPG

Played a round the other week on Chonburi Century Country Club, or something like that, first time there.Not the best condition but not a bad layout and totally empty and 100 Baht green fees, unbelievable value.

:o EPG

This course was designed by Desmond Muirhead and Nick Faldo. A good layout but they just don't have enough money to keep it as they should.

Still a good bargain, though.

Edit in: I just read your post again and you are talking about Chonburi Century. I am talking about Ban Chang Century. Sorry about that.

Edited by chuckd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...