Bridges In Thailand

Dancealot

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great photo Jim ^^ outta likes sad.png

Do you have any elevated shots of the boat and harbour?

Not at that location, at the moment... DAL may have one, since we were there.... remember DAL?

Here is an elevated shot of a harbour, but no bridge ....that can be seen at least w00t.gif south of Hua Hin.... will that do ? tongue.png there must be a bridge somewhere obscured by the trees .... whistling.gifbiggrin.png

DSC02948.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to know you have options in life..thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Indeed Dancealot and 'crossing that bridge when you come to it' may not always be the best (or safest) option.

Point taken, Robby. Thank you.wai.gif

If you know what is on the other side is important. However, imperative is the bridge you are about to cross was wisely chosen, strong and well funded.

Just thinking out loud...coffee1.gif

IMG_8994.jpg

Center span of the Friendship bridge at Mae Sot. Notice how out of alignment it is:-) Lined up ok when I first strolled across on a visa run 7 or 8 years ago.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Here the alignment futher down to Myawaddy in 2012....

Myanmar20124726.jpg

Sukhothai floods from last year. This is the main bridge which connects the tourist/industrial area with the poeple's town.

Thailand20125114.jpg

This river is being blethered; meaning to me: although the river's water level needs to drop, at first sight, it appears bizarre water is stil being added.

Point being: Directly this seems illogical, however the blethering helps to ease things down in town, while remaining water still slowly sinks and continues doing it's damage.

The real process is amazingly simple.. This is it!

Thailand20125117.jpg

A huge pump, with the capacity to empty an average Thai fish pond in probably less then an hour, is connected to the town's draining system.

The villagers? Dambuilding should help them out, they are building a huge dam along route 12 in Kao Koh... ..

I like the thought that these people are strong enough to cope with the floods, themselves. The trick is to go with whatever comes, while, if possible, securing your assests along that way.

On special today two for the price of one, one over the klong and the footbridge over the road.

post-12069-0-42125600-1383569960_thumb.j

Early last month the banner on the footbridge had a picture of the smiling PM but was round the wrong way with welcome on the outward side and bon voyage on the way into town.

It has now been replaced, the correct way round without the MP's picture.

Gone now...

Not all gone just a bit in the middle.

The locals built a temporary bamboo bridge on the downstream side.

Govt said it would take 2 weeks to accomplish, the locals did it in 6 days.

I suspect if it is left up to the locals the main bridge will have been reinstated by now as well.

Anyone know more, photos?

Archived