Why?...

rai57000

Was in conversation with a friend a few days ago and I asked him to answer this simple question but he could not... Can anyone on this Forum?

The last time I was in Big C just walking round and enjoying the day out getting in the weekly shop I saw a Farang around 50ish walking towards me and for sure it is not unusual to see a fellow Farang you have never met before in ever growing Chiang rai but I always nod or say hello in passing but this time I didn't nod or say hello I am a little ashamed to say, I walked in the other direction for 1 reason....

Can anyone explain why a man in his 50s would have on a pair of black sun specs and a baseball cap back to front?????????????????????.. Now I am not a sharp dresser by all means but come on,,, A BASEBALL CAP back to front and shades in a well well well lit store???... Why? Your thoughts....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I was younger we dressed what I wanted to dress like , i cannot see any reason to change your dress style because you are older in the body ..

I too say hello to any farang I see in my area as it is rare to see one , just do it to be polite. All people dont think the same way as other people . have a great day rai5700o

• Like 1

He may be suffering from cataracts and have a sensitivity to light. The capfaced the front in the sun but it was easier to turn it round in the shade than try to force it into a pocket. Who cares what he wears.

People who worry about what other people are wearing are generally the same ones that object to schools having a uniform code....I wonder why?

• Like 2

I'll put my baseball cap on the right way round when I go out next time if it makes people happier..

picky picky...

The shades are to disguise me from the other forum's hit squad.

So you think I'm safe from TOFHS as long as I don't shave my head?

I am pretty sure that hit squad is more focussed on me, so as long as I am still walking around, you are probably safe.laugh.png

Edited by villagefarang

Was in conversation with a friend a few days ago and I asked him to answer this simple question but he could not... Can anyone on this Forum?

You have friends . . . REALLY?

The last time I was in Big C just walking round and enjoying the day out getting in the weekly shop I saw a Farang around 50ish walking towards me and for sure it is not unusual to see a fellow Farang you have never met before in ever growing Chiang rai but I always nod or say hello in passing but this time I didn't nod or say hello I am a little ashamed to say, I walked in the other direction for 1 reason....

Tell me, what gives you the right to decide how people should dress?

Can anyone explain why a man in his 50s would have on a pair of black sun specs and a baseball cap back to front?????????????????????.. Now I am not a sharp dresser by all means but come on,,, A BASEBALL CAP back to front and shades in a well well well lit store???... Why? Your thoughts....

My thoughts, . . .no explanation should be necessary, you never heard of individuality?

• Like 2

Fortunately we have only had one friendly individual insulting the OP, suggesting he couldn’t possibly have friends and implying he has no right to have an opinion about how other people dress.

Most of us have remained civil regardless of whether we agree with his observation or not and even enjoyed a little fun while we were at it. I guess one out of 18 is not bad.thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

Well you lot have been busy this morning. Here is the VF take on this subject. Accessorizing in my opinion, is a sign of insecurity. It can be used to hide ones flaws or project wealth. Sometimes accessories are used as a sign of membership in a particular cultural subgroup.
This guy apparently identifies with a somewhat outdated image projected by the glasses and backward facing hat, though it could be that he is just ugly and trying to high that fact. Some guys accessorize by driving around in a little BMW sports car. Others dress like cowboys or perhaps adorn themselves with tattoos.
With such a broad spectrum of foreigners represented in Chiang Rai, is it any wonder that you should come across individuals who are different from oneself?
Sure you may be attracted by some looks and repulsed by others, but the secret it to show no outward reaction and remain nonjudgemental about the appearance of others. You are of course entitled to your opinion but voicing it in public may end up being more inappropriate than the offenders dress code.

As always you are so mild and tactful, VF,..DAL's take on this..

After some farang have realised they are being considered merely as accessories, like a golden chain perhaps.

They will start wearing sunglasses.

• Like 2

Ya know what I reckon,?

Ya know what I reckon?

I reckon his shades are those 'Video sunglasses' referred to earlier in todays Forum

and he's going around video-ing everybody and everything ....

That's what I reckon !!

Well you lot have been busy this morning. Here is the VF take on this subject. Accessorizing in my opinion, is a sign of insecurity. It can be used to hide ones flaws or project wealth. Sometimes accessories are used as a sign of membership in a particular cultural subgroup.
This guy apparently identifies with a somewhat outdated image projected by the glasses and backward facing hat, though it could be that he is just ugly and trying to high that fact. Some guys accessorize by driving around in a little BMW sports car. Others dress like cowboys or perhaps adorn themselves with tattoos.
With such a broad spectrum of foreigners represented in Chiang Rai, is it any wonder that you should come across individuals who are different from oneself?
Sure you may be attracted by some looks and repulsed by others, but the secret it to show no outward reaction and remain nonjudgemental about the appearance of others. You are of course entitled to your opinion but voicing it in public may end up being more inappropriate than the offenders dress code.

Surprised by the hypocrisy of this post! I've read quite a bit of your blog and on numerous occasions on there, and on thaivisa, you have mentioned your new Fortuner you recently bought and love showing off your house/garden by way of pictures of mentioning it. Wasn't there a thread on here recently about how much someone could buy with 1000 baht here and then you said you could never live like that then highlighted what expensive taste you had. So are you trying to hide your flaws of project wealth?

Yes, he has a Thai girlfriend who watches music videos. She thinks that this is cool so he does it. Rap and Hip Hop are destroying Thai culture.

Rap and Hip Hop is not music, it is just noise pure and simple. Music is played by instruments, piano, saxophone, guitar etc. not put together with stupid noises on a computer.

He may be suffering from cataracts and have a sensitivity to light. The capfaced the front in the sun but it was easier to turn it round in the shade than try to force it into a pocket. Who cares what he wears.

People who worry about what other people are wearing are generally the same ones that object to schools having a uniform code....I wonder why?

I think it is wrong for uniforms to be worn in school if it is in Kindergarten. I think it is too militeristic at that age, they are still only babies.