Manhunt in Krabi: Murderer out on bail slays stepson's wife, toddler

Lite Beer

Manhunt in Krabi: Murderer out on bail slays stepson's wife, toddler
Phuket Gazette -

KRABI: -- A man out on bail for murder is charged with killing again and is being sought by Krabi Police for slaying his stepson’s wife and toddler.

Police in the Khao Phanom District of Krabi received word just after midnight last night that two people had been shot dead in Phru Tiao subdistrict.

When police and rescue workers arrived at the scene, they found the bodies of Siripan Noorod, 24, and her 19-month-old son Autthakorn Noorod lying near each other on a mattress on the floor.

Ms Siripan had been shot once in the chest and once in the neck, her son shot once in the eye.

“Police collected as evidence three bullet casings, believed to be from a .357 Magnum,” said Khao Phanom Police Investigator Somkid Kerdsang.

“Neighbors told us that Samran Suetrong, 60, had killed the pair,” said Lt Col Somkid.

“Mr Samran is the stepfather of Ms Siripan’s husband. He had quarreled with his wife and she left their house. He thought his wife might be at Ms Siripan's house, so he went looking for her there.

“When Ms Siripan told him that his wife wasn’t there, he became angry and shot her and her son before running away,” Col Somkid said.

Pursuing the investigation, police found that Mr Samran had been arrested and charged with murder in Surat Thani last year, said Krabi Provincial Police Deputy Commander Boontawee Toraksa.

“He was sentenced to 20 years in prison, but was out on bail as he had appealed the decision,” he said.

“Krabi Provincial Court has issued a warrant for Mr Samran’s arrest and police are searching for him in the Krabi area,” Col Boontawee added.

“We found his pickup truck in front of his house, but that’s it so far,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Manhunt-in-Krabi-Murderer-out-on-bail-slays-stepson-s-wife-toddler-22097.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-08-27

Thailand's justice system priorities are very crooked, the government knows it, the "people" know it, the rest of the world pretty much knows it. Are they attempting to reform it? Guess not. They need those loopholes to stay in place...

• Like 1

This must be another example of this countries unique. Thainess! Will they ever learn?

What does this have to do with Thainess? These sort of vicious murders don't happen elsewhere?

Will they ever learn what? How to be a good (and clearly superior) white man like yourself?

What is it with these people who interpret every news story to fit their narrow vision of this country? Save it for your bar stool, pal. Most of the people on these forums are sick of this condescending racist rubbish.

Well said Globeman !!!

• Like 1

This must be another example of this countries unique. Thainess! Will they ever learn?

What does this have to do with Thainess? These sort of vicious murders don't happen elsewhere?

Will they ever learn what? How to be a good (and clearly superior) white man like yourself?

What is it with these people who interpret every news story to fit their narrow vision of this country? Save it for your bar stool, pal. Most of the people on these forums are sick of this condescending racist rubbish.

You miss the point entirely. He should have been banged up not out on the streets to destroy more lives. Thai solutions to Thai problems result in Thaishit. Few I expect will share your point of view? Sadly some years ago that would not have been the case.

• Like 2

To murder an innocent baby xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.VxtQ2WoWqA.webp alt=crying.gif width=18 height=18> This country sickens me more and more, they call themselves Buddhists? R.I.P little one may you now be happy and free.

Since when is infanticide unique to Thailand?! To judge an entire country by the actions of one man is in my opinion simply cretinous! By the way, if it sickens you so much then there's always the option to hop on a plane and get the hell out of Dodge.

Here we go again, if you not like, go home on the first plane, nothing never change here on TV coffee1.gif

• Like 2

To murder an innocent baby xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.VxtQ2WoWqA.webp alt=crying.gif width=18 height=18> This country sickens me more and more, they call themselves Buddhists? R.I.P little one may you now be happy and free.

Since when is infanticide unique to Thailand?! To judge an entire country by the actions of one man is in my opinion simply cretinous! By the way, if it sickens you so much then there's always the option to hop on a plane and get the hell out of Dodge.

Here we go again, if you not like, go home on the first plane, nothing never change here on TV coffee1.gif

Yes it's the countries judicial system that should be / is on trial here. The crime should NEVER have been able to occur in the first place !!

Anyone who thinks this should not be improved / corrected should be the ones who jump on a plane....... and probably disembark at 35,000 ft

• Like 2

I really don't understand how, in what must be unique to the Thai justice system, do you let someone out on bail who has appealing a guilty verdict in murder. Like in most other countries, they should wait for their appeal behind bars.

This a dam_n damn shame and could have been avoided. The blood is on the hands of the judge who allowed him bail.

You think the judge cares? Me not think so sad.png

Black or white, Thai or Farang, Bhuddist or Muslim, it doesn't matter. Nothing racist in saying that allowing a convicted murderer out on bail, puts innocent lives at risk. None more innocent than a little boy not even two years old. All his life before him, his hopes and dreams not realized, never even a chance to experience life beyond a toddler. He had his life before him, now he is just, gone.

Forget about jokes and pro Thai or Thai bashing, that little boy has lost his life and the system that allowed him to be put at risk should be changed.

I feel much sympathy for the mother, but the loss of the little boys life is heartbreaking.

In the face of an impotent justice and policing system, the urge for vigilante justice in this case is pretty compelling. Sad to say.

• Like 2

Another person who thinks the Thai government and all things Thai are perfect.

You miss the point completely. Why does Thailand insist on letting people out on bail who should never see the light of day again. Do you remember that couple up north who enslaved, burnt and tortured that poor little girl for something like 5 years. That couple should have NEVER been let loose on bail. When they were let loose on bail they disappeared. What a frick'in surprise. Never heard another word about that case.

Most accused murderers are not let out on bail in the West unless the case is weak or the bail is set so high they can't make it or they are under house confinement with an ankle bracelet. This country has a long way to go, before they start doing the right thing when it comes to violent criminals. But wait, this man was already convicted. Murderers are NEVER let out on bail in the West once they have been convicted as this man had been. All criminals must remain in custody until they are freed on a successful appeal.

I'm not a Thai apologist but the murders are the result of the Thai legal system and not some cultural defect of Thais. It's horrendous that this murderer was let loose on bail to murder two innocent people yet again. It has nothing to do with him being Thai or Buddhist, but being a murderer let loose by the government. Like most, I don't understand the legal system here however I am not Thai and I can always leave if I want to. The poor Thai have to put up with this shit for their entire life.

• Like 2

Another person who thinks the Thai government and all things Thai are perfect.

You miss the point completely. Why does Thailand insist on letting people out on bail who should never see the light of day again. Do you remember that couple up north who enslaved, burnt and tortured that poor little girl for something like 5 years. That couple should have NEVER been let loose on bail. When they were let loose on bail they disappeared. What a frick'in surprise. Never heard another word about that case.

Most accused murderers are not let out on bail in the West unless the case is weak or the bail is set so high they can't make it or they are under house confinement with an ankle bracelet. This country has a long way to go, before they start doing the right thing when it comes to violent criminals. But wait, this man was already convicted. Murderers are NEVER let out on bail in the West once they have been convicted as this man had been. All criminals must remain in custody until they are freed on a successful appeal.

I'm not a Thai apologist but the murders are the result of the Thai legal system and not some cultural defect of Thais. It's horrendous that this murderer was let loose on bail to murder two innocent people yet again. It has nothing to do with him being Thai or Buddhist, but being a murderer let loose by the government. Like most, I don't understand the legal system here however I am not Thai and I can always leave if I want to. The poor Thai have to put up with this shit for their entire life.

In the case of this poor boy and his mother, their entire lives were not very long. And you are spot on, it's the system that is responsible, not the ethnicity of the people.