Manhunt in Krabi: Murderer out on bail slays stepson's wife, toddler

Lite Beer

Hate to prolong the morbidity of this topic, but there was a news story today out of China about a 6 year old boy having his eyes gouged out, apparently to get the corneas for a transplant. He survived, but is blind for life. It left me weak and cold. But I don't see anyone blaming all Chinese as heartless villains. RIP Krabi mother and son. My heart also goes out to the husband/father and the hell he must be going through right now.

To murder an innocent baby crying.gif This country sickens me more and more, they call themselves Buddhists? R.I.P little one may you now be happy and free.

Since when is infanticide unique to Thailand?! To judge an entire country by the actions of one man is in my opinion simply cretinous! By the way, if it sickens you so much then there's always the option to hop on a plane and get the hell out of Dodge.

I hope he doesn't kill after he gets bail this time.

• Like 1

To murder an innocent baby crying.gif This country sickens me more and more, they call themselves Buddhists? R.I.P little one may you now be happy and free.

Since when is infanticide unique to Thailand?! To judge an entire country by the actions of one man is in my opinion simply cretinous! By the way, if it sickens you so much then there's always the option to hop on a plane and get the hell out of Dodge.

I hope he doesn't kill after he gets bail this time.

Sadly, I know you are not joking or being ironic. But I'm sure he has learned his lesson now.

Condolences to the victims' family, I dread reading about tragedies like this.

Although this story is about the tragic murders of a young lady and her baby, as usual as with most stories of this type it has degenerated into a Thai-basher vs Thai-defender all-in no-class brawl.

Not the place for this sort of bickering, perhaps one of you should start another topic about why you either love or hate Thailand and continue the fight there.

This must be another example of this countries unique. Thainess! Will they ever learn?

What does this have to do with Thainess? These sort of vicious murders don't happen elsewhere?

Will they ever learn what? How to be a good (and clearly superior) white man like yourself?

What is it with these people who interpret every news story to fit their narrow vision of this country? Save it for your bar stool, pal. Most of the people on these forums are sick of this condescending racist rubbish.

Whilst there is a lot of 'Thai bashing' on these forums, it is not entirely unjustified.

Those posters who blindly defend Thailand and fall into the annoying 'we are guests in their country so we can say anything bad about it' are more annoying to me than the 'bashers'.

Just because we choose to stay here does not mean we have to love everything and can not complain.

There are so any things I could complain about and would like to change about Thailand, but I still prefer to stay here than my home country and of course nobody here gives a dam_n what I think anyway.

Of course horrific crimes happen all over the world, it just seems to me they are frighteningly frequent here, with a level of violence and complete disregard for the consequences or the value of human life that I find quite disturbing.

Many Thais seem to have difficulty managing their emotions, we so often hear about situations that for most farangs would lead to an argument, some pushing and shoving or at worst a bit of a scrap, resulting in one person hacking the other to death with a machete or emptying the chamber of a gun into them.

It can be a dangerous place to live, my wife is forever telling me cool down, walk away, you have too much to lose, and she is right. Whereas I may stand, argue or even resort to a scrap if pushed in my homeland, here there is a higher probability that it will escalate to fatal consequences. Just not worth risking your home, business, wife and family over.Thai people are like 'children with guns'.

Still, letting a convicted murderer out on bail because he has appealed against his conviction is ridiculous.

I don't believe Thailand is a third world country but it has a third world mentality, and they will have to improve or they may find themselves at the bottom of the ASEAN community in about five years.

Very well stated and dead on correct.

• Like 1

The sick thing is he was a convicted murderer and allowed out on bail to re-offend, the people who let him out should be held responsible, then they may think twice next time!!!

Responsibility, consequences, accountability, what are the Thai words for these again? Oh that's right there aren't any !!!

I couldn't agree more. He was convicted and should've been kept in jail until he was either sentenced or set free!!!

This must be another example of this countries unique. Thainess! Will they ever learn?

What does this have to do with Thainess? These sort of vicious murders don't happen elsewhere?

Will they ever learn what? How to be a good (and clearly superior) white man like yourself?

What is it with these people who interpret every news story to fit their narrow vision of this country? Save it for your bar stool, pal. Most of the people on these forums are sick of this condescending racist rubbish.

I believe he is referring to the bailing of murder suspects -

• Like 1

And also convicted murderers. That would be a good lesson to learn. Probably not even condescending racist rubbish and perhaps most people on this forum aren't sick of it. A few more innocent might people may also remain alive if the system changed.

Giving killers bail in the 1st place just goes to show just how ridiculous the Whole Thai Justice system is.

This is even more unbelievable when the guy has actually been convicted and sentenced to 20 years. Who on earth would feel justified in letting someone like that out on bail?

Given that this particular guy is of such age that he would probably never finish his sentence, there is no reason for him not to go out in a 'blaze of glory'...!

please elaborate why "this country" and "Buddhism" are representative for sick murder cases. are children not murdered in "Christian, Hindu or Muslim" countries?

the murder of a toddler is indeed sickening, but sickening is also your view!

• Like 1

Another person who thinks the Thai government and all things Thai are perfect.

You miss the point completely. Why does Thailand insist on letting people out on bail who should never see the light of day again. Do you remember that couple up north who enslaved, burnt and tortured that poor little girl for something like 5 years. That couple should have NEVER been let loose on bail. When they were let loose on bail they disappeared. What a frick'in surprise. Never heard another word about that case.

Most accused murderers are not let out on bail in the West unless the case is weak or the bail is set so high they can't make it or they are under house confinement with an ankle bracelet. This country has a long way to go, before they start doing the right thing when it comes to violent criminals. But wait, this man was already convicted. Murderers are NEVER let out on bail in the West once they have been convicted as this man had been. All criminals must remain in custody until they are freed on a successful appeal.

Your assumption that I think all things Thai are perfect - especially the government - is completely misinformed and clearly came straight from your rectum. (Where did you get "government" from? Who said anything about that? Not me.) I've been here 20 years, I am well aware of what the deal is, and yeah this country has its flaws, perhaps more than some.

Stances on Thailand and its people are not limited to the two primary polarized views of: 1. They are all evil, sneaky and stupid and inferior to us white guys or 2. All Thais are perfect, smiling lovely people who can do no wrong... Opinions can be more considered and less bigoted than either of the above. But attack a racist remark on this forum and there is always at least one clown who will accuse the poster of being a "Thai lover" ... let's imagine we are in the deep south in 1950s USA and swap the word "Thai" for "N----r". Takes on a different flavour, doesn't it?

The poster I was responding to mentioned nothing about bail - he was just bashing a whole race, as far too many people do on these forums at every opportunity, for reasons best know to their embittered selves. If someone criticised the bail system here, I wouldn't have responded that way. This guy's remarks were condescending, referenced nothing specific, presented no reasoned argument and had no value whatsoever. He was basically just saying: "Thais are crap, and I know better" end of story.

And murderers NEVER get bail in the west? Try doing a little research on that one instead of once again talking out the wrong end. Zimmerman got bail, for starters. It is up to the judge and the circumstances. Do Thai courts grant bail to too many people who shouldn't get it, in my opinion? Absolutely. But I wouldn't pin that on every person born Thai. I am sure you could find more than a few Thais who also think it is a bad policy.

When will these bigoted posters ever learn, eh?

Edited by Globeman

You miss the point completely. Why does Thailand insist on letting people out on bail who should never see the light of day again. Do you remember that couple up north who enslaved, burnt and tortured that poor little girl for something like 5 years. That couple should have NEVER been let loose on bail. When they were let loose on bail they disappeared. What a frick'in surprise. Never heard another word about that case.

Most accused murderers are not let out on bail in the West unless the case is weak or the bail is set so high they can't make it or they are under house confinement with an ankle bracelet. This country has a long way to go, before they start doing the right thing when it comes to violent criminals. But wait, this man was already convicted. Murderers are NEVER let out on bail in the West once they have been convicted as this man had been. All criminals must remain in custody until they are freed on a successful appeal.

Your assumption that I think all things Thai are perfect - especially the government - is completely misinformed and clearly came straight from your rectum. (Where did you get "government" from? Who said anything about that? Not me.) I've been here 20 years, I am well aware of what the deal is, and yeah this country has its flaws, perhaps more than some.

Stances on Thailand and its people are not limited to the two primary polarized views of: 1. They are all evil, sneaky and stupid and inferior to us white guys or 2. All Thais are perfect, smiling lovely people who can do no wrong... Opinions can be more considered and less bigoted than either of the above. But attack a racist remark on this forum and there is always at least one clown who will accuse the poster of being a "Thai lover" ... let's imagine we are in the deep south in 1950s USA and swap the word "Thai" for "N----r". Takes on a different flavour, doesn't it?

The poster I was responding to mentioned nothing about bail - he was just bashing a whole race, as far too many people do on these forums at every opportunity, for reasons best know to their embittered selves. If someone criticised the bail system here, I wouldn't have responded that way. This guy's remarks were condescending, referenced nothing specific, presented no reasoned argument and had no value whatsoever. He was basically just saying: "Thais are crap, and I know better" end of story.

And murderers NEVER get bail in the west? Try doing a little research on that one instead of once again talking out the wrong end. Zimmerman got bail, for starters. It is up to the judge and the circumstances. Do Thai courts grant bail to too many people who shouldn't get it, in my opinion? Absolutely. But I wouldn't pin that on every person born Thai. I am sure you could find more than a few Thais who also think it is a bad policy.

You've been here 20 years and you think 'Thai' is a race. I assume part of those 20 years were spent in the local education system?

Then he should say so...

Ah, that explains it...you've been here 20 years...

• 2 weeks later...

Murder happens everywhere, the Thainess part is that here a convicted murderer can get bail. That is indeed very unique to Thailand.

The thing to learn is that letting convicted murderers with nothing to lose out on bail will most likely lead to something bad - such as a mum and child getting killed.

hope that cleared the confusion for you :-)

Edited by monkeycountry

Hate to prolong the morbidity of this topic, but there was a news story today out of China about a 6 year old boy having his eyes gouged out, apparently to get the corneas for a transplant. He survived, but is blind for life. It left me weak and cold. But I don't see anyone blaming all Chinese as heartless villains. RIP Krabi mother and son. My heart also goes out to the husband/father and the hell he must be going through right now.

The good news is that when the chinese authorities catch and convict that guy, he will not be out on bail.

not suspects, he was already convicted and sentenced. There is a big difference.