Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

Hi guys, I will be conducting one day courses on investing in capital markets, specifically in Thailand but the knowledge applies to any stock market investing. The price is only 2,960 Baht for a one day course, two sessions, morning and afternoon. I am sure it will be worth your money as I will teach you a lot of amazing things. We already have a lot of interest but places are still available. Let me know if you are interested. The courses would be conducted at our Walen School's branch in Pattaya.

Walen School of Investing - benefit yourself!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres a better idea, for free.

Invest in Aberdeen and UOB (formerly ING) mutual funds/LTFs.

I already have similar, but low risk, low return, I would like to try some more interesting investing, so this sounds good for me.

• Like 1

The last post I remember seeing from the OP you were pushing your language courses/style of teaching.

What is the experience/background that also makes you an expert in investing in "capital markets"?

Edit - I see Midas beat me to it

No problem, I think many people will be asking this questionthumbsup.gif

normally I would say, "Why spend time selling when you could just use your time more wisely via your money-making machine?"

HOWEVER, in this case at 3k baht I think it's different. If you are unaware of bonds, stocks, options, futures, trading, stops, money management, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, risk, platforms to use to trade, etc..... well, this price point might make sense.

it is likely true that 90% of traders lose money, but it might make sense to understand the market and maybe make a better decision with long-term investments.

• Like 1

If someone really knew how to make money investing in Thai capital markets, would they not just do it and earn a fortune rather than give lessons about it to others for peanuts?

Just wondering.

Maybe.... Those who can - do, those who can't - teach (HL Mencken)

• Like 1

normally I would say, "Why spend time selling when you could just use your time more wisely via your money-making machine?"

HOWEVER, in this case at 3k baht I think it's different. If you are unaware of bonds, stocks, options, futures, trading, stops, money management, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, risk, platforms to use to trade, etc..... well, this price point might make sense.

it is likely true that 90% of traders lose money, but it might make sense to understand the market and maybe make a better decision with long-term investments.

Agreed as long as you can trust the advice/information - I mean every opinion on TV is so factual...........blink.png

Also you would need to assess the program details as to what it is covering and to what level. Most basic understanding on the items above can be got from the internet but only to a point. How much extra detail will be covered on how many items in only one day?

Or is that the point and this is only a primer to get people interested enough to shell out more to get the useful stuff?

• Like 1

They are all over the Internet a dime a dozen, but at least they are provided by people who are dedicated to this subject. 100% (as opposed to running something as a sideline to main activities)

http://www.mnn.com/money/personal-finance/blogs/5-free-online-investment-courses

I certainly hope your knowledge about financial matters are more acurate than your prediction a couple of weeks ago that gold was going downgiggle.gif

by the way, I thought you were a language school so what specifically are your personal credentials to be able to teach about financial matters?

I have been investing in Thai SET quite successfully for a number of years. I like the topic. I am good with explaining things. I can definitely teach the subject much better than my lecturers at university and that was a lot more expensive than what I charge. I do not invest in gold and it is not the same as investing is stocks that are actually pieces of companies that pay dividends and grow. I may have my opinion about it as everybody else can but I am not a prophet and it is not my area of expertise. Stock market however is something I know a lot about and can share this knowledge, especially in relation to Thailand. Walen is not just a language school. We teach other things such as IT but expanding our services.

• Like 1

If someone really knew how to make money investing in Thai capital markets, would they not just do it and earn a fortune rather than give lessons about it to others for peanuts?

Just wondering.

I like teaching and I like the topic, but it is also some extra money so it is worth my time. I am not a billionaire.

• Like 1

Agreed as long as you can trust the advice/information - I mean every opinion on TV is so factual...........blink.png

Also you would need to assess the program details as to what it is covering and to what level. Most basic understanding on the items above can be got from the internet but only to a point. How much extra detail will be covered on how many items in only one day?

Or is that the point and this is only a primer to get people interested enough to shell out more to get the useful stuff?

Quite a lot can be covered in one day. Definitely worth your money. More courses will be available if there is enough interest.

They are all over the Internet a dime a dozen, but at least they are provided by people who are dedicated to this subject. 100% (as opposed to running something as a sideline to main activities)

http://www.mnn.com/money/personal-finance/blogs/5-free-online-investment-courses

Not so many courses of trading stocks in Thailand actually. There is indeed a lot of good stuff on the internet however many people would like to meet in person with a teacher, ask questions, get things explained in detail etc. Especially for those who have never previously been involved in the stock market investing in Thailand or anywhere else.

Just wondering.

Maybe.... Those who can - do, those who can't - teach (HL Mencken)

Even if that was so the technical aspects of the course would be worth more than 2,960 Baht. In regards to being able to do it. I can do it and I have quite a good record of investing so I am not a scammer who pretends to be someone he is not.

Puukao, this is an investing course not a trading course. Most traders lose money and I will explain why, also most wise investors make money and I will explain why. I am confident to run such a course. I would not be making a fool of myself in front of people if I was not sure I can do a good job and give them good value for money.

By the way, do any other schools in Pattaya teach investing?

• Like 1

The last post I remember seeing from the OP you were pushing your language courses/style of teaching.

What is the experience/background that also makes you an expert in investing in "capital markets"?

Edit - I see Midas beat me to it

Topt, I have studied business at the Griffith University in Australia and I took several stock market courses but most of my experience comes from doing which is the best way of learning as theory is often not enough.

• Like 2

We've had the property pimps and their pump and dump operations for years; looks like now we have the stock market hustlers moving in too.

If anyone is good at markets investing, they invest for their own account and keep their best plays to themselves.

I am not a stock market hustler and I do not sell anybody any stocks or funds. Do not work for anybody. I am totally independent, but if you think that teaching investing is the same then it is your opinion. The second statement, respectfully, is simply not true . If you buy a certain stock you would like to promote it as creating demand will increase the price, more people want to buy than sell means the price goes up. Demand and supply, simple economics. Facebook is a good example, that is the most expensive valuation in the world but because of the market sentiment it goes up. I like teaching and it is extra money. If someone wants to learn I will teach. If I get tired and I do not want to do anymore I will not teach. That's it.

Puukao, this is an investing course not a trading course. Most traders lose money and I will explain why, also most wise investors make money and I will explain why. I am confident to run such a course. I would not be making a fool of myself in front of people if I was not sure I can do a good job and give them good value for money.

I am sure there were a lot of people in February 1990 that were invested in the Nikkei and thought the way that you do now. But how can you possibly know that we are not at a similar moment right now (just based on economic facts, and even discounting what's going on in the Middle East today). Those investors in the Nikkei in 1990 have never recovered since?

post-6925-0-20068300-1377670529_thumb.pn

Edited by midas

I am sure there were a lot of people in February 1990 that were invested in the Nikkei and thought the way that you do now. But how can you possibly know that we are not at a similar moment right now (just based on economic facts, and even discounting what's going on in the Middle East today). Those investors in the Nikkei in 1990 have never recovered since?

A lot of them were not investors but speculators. If P/E is too high and you buy it then you only have yourself to blame. Those were not intelligent investors.

I have a better example for you today from Bloomberg.com

Thai Pension Fund Buying Stocks After Bear Market Plunge

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-28/thai-pension-fund-buying-stocks-after-bear-market-plunge.html

Now these are investors.

Now for all those readers who think I am an idiot or scam etc. Obviously no point in taking my course. You know better already. I am interested in those who do not know everything and feel there is something they can learn about investing. What I teach is very solid and you will benefit.

Edited by MacWalen

A lot of them were not investors but speculators. If P/E is too high and you buy it then you only have yourself to blame. Those were not intelligent investors.

I have a better example for you today from Bloomberg.com

Thai Pension Fund Buying Stocks After Bear Market Plunge

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-28/thai-pension-fund-buying-stocks-after-bear-market-plunge.html

Now these are investors.

Now for all those readers who think I am an idiot or scam etc. Obviously no point in taking my course. You know better already. I am interested in those who do not know everything and feel there is something they can learn about investing. What I teach is very solid and you will benefit.

What you say about those investors who lost heavily in the Nikkei is debatable. There were also some institutional investors have lost out big time.

But correct me if I am wrong but your strategy seems to be based on the philosophy of “ buy and hold “ ?

I put it to you that the miraculous gains we have seen in stock markets over the past few years can largely be attributed to government created stimulus packages and endless debt but that we have now reached the end of the road? What makes you so confident the markets will keep being propelled even higher?

• Like 1

You can also make money if the market goes lower. On the Nikkei plunging in the 90s lots of people made fortunes. Stock market will be here till the Kingdom comes and if you know how you will make money. If prices are cheap you go long if prices are too expensive you go short. Also you look at the trends. Also timing is very important.

• Like 1

Has the OP any qualifications to substantiate being able to lecture on the subject other than a bank balance ?

Are you looking for an academic or someone who knows how to do it? I have money making qualification. I know how to make money through investing and I can teach that.

Good luck & hang in there to the OP; obviously a tough row to hoe around these parts, judging from the general tone of the prior replies. In fairness, the Op has said: if his offered course is not, to your thinking, beneficial to you then don't sign up. But, if the instruction he is providing and amount he is charging for the information may be of benefit, then come and learn.

Like anything being sold, the seller has outlined the nature of his product in detail, explained the cost and potential benefit as he sees it, and then left it up to the public to decide and respond. Any entrepreneur who invests his time, effort & money in an enterprise should be admired... if they are honest and straightforward about their business and its products. Like anything else, a prospective customer may seek to learn as much as possible about this course and then decide if it's for them or not. Then, if they go, they already know that 3K baht and a day of their time is the most they can lose.

Lastly, it seems kind of obvious that the OP, already a well-known local business owner, will do his best to give all who attend this course a straight deal. Especially after all the doubting that's been expressed. here. Think about the fall-out after all of this discussion. Maybe we aren't so right to pre-judge people and very possibly mis-lable them in this anonymous forum. Let's wait, maybe give a guy the benefit of the doubt, and see what happens.

Edited by Michaelaway

Has the OP any qualifications to substantiate being able to lecture on the subject other than a bank balance ?

Are you looking for an academic or someone who knows how to do it? I have money making qualification. I know how to make money through investing and I can teach that.

It is my understanding that any teaching course, especially a paid for course, the 'teacher' must have some sort of qualification in that field.

• Like 2