Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

Has the OP any qualifications to substantiate being able to lecture on the subject other than a bank balance ?

Are you looking for an academic or someone who knows how to do it? I have money making qualification. I know how to make money through investing and I can teach that.

It is my understanding that any teaching course, especially a paid for course, the 'teacher' must have some sort of qualification in that field.

That is rubbish so you will only be taught by someone with a qualification. So I guess Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg., Lawrence Ellison, Michael Dell, Steve jobs and a list of 40 other billionaires have no right to teach anyone unless they go back to university ?

Think you miss the point. If someone wants to teach a subject, in a school, should they not have acquired a qualification to do that ?

• Like 1

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Transam, seems it is you who is missing the point. I know how to invest money and I know how to teach, I consider myself to be well qualified. Also I have completed university courses related to the field if that would help you.

Transam, seems it is you who is missing the point. I know how to invest money and I know how to teach, I consider myself to be well qualified. Also I have completed university courses related to the field if that would help you.

Absolutely thumbsup.gif . In your OP, YOU should have stated your credentials in the field to make things clear. Now I am noooooooo business guy but I thought that the big picture should be shown to delete all doubts from a reader.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I feel a job opportunity for me coming on here. biggrin.png I can play Pool too. smile.png

• Like 1

You can also make money if the market goes lower. On the Nikkei plunging in the 90s lots of people made fortunes. Stock market will be here till the Kingdom comes and if you know how you will make money. If prices are cheap you go long if prices are too expensive you go short. Also you look at the trends. Also timing is very important.

But in post number 18 in your reply to puukao you said “this is an investing course not a trading course.” and in post number 22 you said people lost in the Japanese stock market because” a lot of them were not investors but speculators.”

But here you are now alluding to the fact that if the market doesn't continue what has been a spectacular rise, you would have to resort to short selling to make money (assuming it stay steady) and that is definitely speculation?blink.png So what is it you will be teaching investment or speculation?

Philip Carret, who wrote The Art of Speculation (1930), believed “motive” was the test for determining the difference between investment and speculation. “The man who bought United States Steel at 60 in 1915 in anticipation of selling at a profit is a speculator. . . . On the other hand, the gentleman who bought American Telephone at 95 in 1921 to enjoy the dividend return of better than 8% is an investor.” Carret connected the investor to the economics of the business and the speculator to price. “Speculation,” wrote Carret, “may be defined as the purchase or sale of securities or commodities in expectation of profiting by fluctuations in their prices.”

• Like 2

To all Thaivisa forumers, I know a lot about the stock markets, FX trading, bond markets, futures markets and options markets.

If there is anyone interested then I will provide a one hour lecture, to small groups, and I will charge....NOTHING.

We could arrange to meet at Starbucks or some other coffee shop and I won't even expect a free drink.

I am happy to do this as I enjoy explaining things and don't feel the need to profit from it. I regard myself as knowledeable but not a prohpet or guru. Is someone is not a prophet or guru then they should not have the impudence and audacity to charge as that just makes that person a cheating snake oil salesman.

If there are other posters who are knowledgeable in these subjects then we could just meet to exchange ideas.

But Mr Walen...for you I will be charging 6000 baht per session.

Very good. I am impressed. Guys, that is definitely a good contact. It helps to have friends interested in the subject. Do you invest in Thailand or in other markets?

I have a HND in bookkeeping and now successfully run a business school. We didn't even bother to invite Bill Gates and the likes with all the credentials and experience our staff have. Our course in "Advanced Micro-Economics of Break-Dancing" is a serious hit.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

If someone really knew how to make money investing in Thai capital markets, would they not just do it and earn a fortune rather than give lessons about it to others for peanuts?

I like teaching and I like the topic, but it is also some extra money so it is worth my time. I am not a billionaire.

Well, that seems to sum it up quite succinctly.

Personally I think I'll hang onto my 3000Baht until some billionaire starts giving lessons here.

• Like 2

MacWalen I'm not deliberately trying to give you a hard time by the way, but what has stuck in my mind is the post you wrote in the gold thread on the 15th of this month. ( see below )

In my opinion for a person who is professing to possess enough overall knowledge of the investment market to be able to teach others and ask them to pay you a fee for doing so , the statement you wrote about gold is extraordinarily naive and certainly doesn't give the impression that you have an in-depth knowledge of markets at all.

Just based on your comment you appear to have very little understanding of the difference between physical gold and the dynamics that are driving the demand and price in Asia at the moment versus the futures market (also referred to, sometimes as the paper gold market). If you are so out of touch regarding gold. how could anyone have confidence in your interpretation of predictions regarding equities or any other market?

Posted 2013-08-15 19:42:15

It is going down for now. Perhaps 800 is the floor. Gold is not used so much unlike oil. blink.png Drop in price will not influence negatively the world. Paulson and Soros sold all gold holdings. That tells u something. They think it will plummet.

Edited by midas
  • Like 1

Has the OP any qualifications to substantiate being able to lecture on the subject other than a bank balance ?

Are you looking for an academic or someone who knows how to do it? I have money making qualification. I know how to make money through investing and I can teach that.

It is my understanding that any teaching course, especially a paid for course, the 'teacher' must have some sort of qualification in that field.

That is NOT CORRECT

I have NO QUALIFICATIONS but I could show anyone how to make daily money from the Internet LIVE

My qualification is EXPERIENCE AND DOING it day in day out.

Walen is probably the same if he is having success in investing and can show that then he is QUALIFIED no need to have some useless paper to say he is if he has proof and can show his qualification.

The qualification of anything is when you show the proof as to why you are qualified to teach any subject, and the best way to silence the critics is to show them UNDENIABLE proof in front of their eyes, unfortunatley looking at some of the posts here, I dont think even then, some here would believe it :) LOL

Cheers

Edited by InternetMarketingRocks

Looks interesting. But i'll wait for the lesson about humility.

I make factual statements, nothing to do with the lack of humility. I cannot count on a lot of posters here to promote investing courses and they are very predictable in their attacks so I am used to it. Snake oil, scam, unqualified, undedicated, fraud etc. Either too expensive or too cheap and others can do even better for free. Very entertaining actually.

Edited by MacWalen

MacWalen I'm not deliberately trying to give you a hard time by the way, but what has stuck in my mind is the post you wrote in the gold thread on the 15th of this month. ( see below )

In my opinion for a person who is professing to possess enough overall knowledge of the investment market to be able to teach others and ask them to pay you a fee for doing so , the statement you wrote about gold is extraordinarily naive and certainly doesn't give the impression that you have an in-depth knowledge of markets at all.

Just based on your comment you appear to have very little understanding of the difference between physical gold and the dynamics that are driving the demand and price in Asia at the moment versus the futures market (also referred to, sometimes as the paper gold market). If you are so out of touch regarding gold. how could anyone have confidence in your interpretation of predictions regarding equities or any other market?

It is going down for now. Perhaps 800 is the floor. Gold is not used so much unlike oil. blink.png Drop in price will not influence negatively the world. Paulson and Soros sold all gold holdings. That tells u something. They think it will plummet.

Time will show. If it goes down to 800 what will u say then? That I am a prophet? I am not. Just expressing my opinion. Investing in stocks is a lot more predicable than trading gold or other commodities. Stocks have intrinsic value. They pay dividends, companies grow. For example the land under all the PTT stations is more expensive every year etc. Commodities are traded on trends. They do not have price to earning ratios and so on.

Edited by MacWalen

We've had the property pimps and their pump and dump operations for years; looks like now we have the stock market hustlers moving in too.

If anyone is good at markets investing, they invest for their own account and keep their best plays to themselves.

I read the OP over and over and it only looks like he's pumping (knowledge)...where do you see any dumping. I'm kinda slow.

You have to have something more than "I know how to invest money and I know how to teach" in order to get people to fork out good money.

Where's your proven investment track record? Have you managed money for anyone, produced returns for anyone?

Just saying "I know how to invest money" makes you sound so amateur. You have to bring a bit more to the table than that .... Audited records of annual returns for example. Nobody pays to listen to people who just say "I know how to invest money", what a joke.

The internet is full of great investment sites with *free* information. A fool and his money are easily parted ....

• Like 1

Looks interesting. But i'll wait for the lesson about humility.

I make factual statements, nothing to do with the lack of humility. I cannot count on a lot of posters here to promote investing courses are they are very predictable in their attacks so I am used to it. Snake oil, scam, unqualified, undedicated, fraud etc. Either too expensive or too cheap and others can do even better for free. Very entertaining actually.

For a man who claims to be smart, it wasn't very wise of you to advertise your seminar on Thaivisa.

• Like 1

That is NOT CORRECT

I have NO QUALIFICATIONS but I could show anyone how to make daily money from the Internet LIVE

Walen is probably the same if he is having success in investing and can show that then he is QUALIFIED no need to have some useless paper to say he is if he has proof and can show his qualification.

The qualification of anything is when you show the proof as to why you are qualified to teach any subject, and the best way to silence the critics is to show them UNDENIABLE proof in front of their eyes, unfortunatley looking at some of the posts here, I dont think even then, some here would believe it smile.png LOL

Cheers

Gawd, read carefully, DO YOU have any qualifications to teach in a school this subject. YES or NO.

Time will show. If it goes down to 800 what will u say then? That I am a prophet? I am not. Just expressing my opinion. Investing in stocks is a lot more predicable than trading gold or other commodities. Stocks have intrinsic value. They pay dividends, companies grow. For example the land under all the PTT stations is more expensive every year etc. Commodities are traded on trends. They do not have price to earning ratios and so on.

The more you write, the more horribly amateur you sound as any kind of financial advisor. I suggest you stick with your education / visa thing. You haven't got a clue what you are talking about with stocks and commodities, sorry.

• Like 1

normally I would say, "Why spend time selling when you could just use your time more wisely via your money-making machine?"

HOWEVER, in this case at 3k baht I think it's different. If you are unaware of bonds, stocks, options, futures, trading, stops, money management, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, risk, platforms to use to trade, etc..... well, this price point might make sense.

it is likely true that 90% of traders lose money, but it might make sense to understand the market and maybe make a better decision with long-term investments.

will you be going? after go for a couple a drinks in walking street and spend what you could have invested................

So why do you post here. And moreover answer to the low-so guys, me the first ?

Humility came out as you always present your new courses as you are the guru, the guy that knows all.

It's not your culture, neither mine but an English saying is : the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I love to listen but rarely believe.

Stock market today is dictated by fund companies and the logic that was in the markets 50/30 years ago is mostly gone. Only dividends follow a certain logic... And even, easy to manipulate them with proper accounting.

My 2 satangs.

Cheers

• Like 1

Well said, teach them how to open a fitness center

Firstly, the production cost is now $1200 to $1300 per oz. ermm.gif Secondly, many people (including the Indians and Chinese) are holding it as an insurance against economic chaos not as an investment. Thirdly, investing in stocks is certainly not predictable going forward because the growth in equities over the recent years would never have been achieved without the completely artificial conditions of quantitative easing. Just see what happens when that stops

Edited by midas

I totally agree with Midas. The Op doesn't even know the difference between investing & trading.

Going short may be part of a hedge fund's strategy but it is not a safe investment method.

There are many free courses in investing & trading available on the internet. They may not be Thai stock market specific but they don't need to be market specific.

Even the free courses usually provide some evidence of qualifications and/or track record.

This course is akin to an unqualified Khao San road tourist teaching English.

• Like 1

That is NOT CORRECT

The qualification of anything is when you show the proof as to why you are qualified to teach any subject, and the best way to silence the critics is to show them UNDENIABLE proof in front of their eyes, unfortunatley looking at some of the posts here, I dont think even then, some here would believe it smile.png LOL

Cheers

Gawd, read carefully, DO YOU have any qualifications to teach in a school this subject. YES or NO.

The answer is, would you prefer to learn from someone who can prove that can do it with clear proof that they have, and are doing it in REALITY OR would you prefer to learn from someone with a degree in the subject but no experience and only knows the theory to what they are teaching and has a useless piece of paper to prove they know the theory ?.

I know the answer in your case smile.png

I would not get a job in a college teaching marketing, because I don't have a degree in marketing (which stupidly is required) however I can assure you I can implement it better than any college lecturer that teaches that subject and only knows the theory.

A smart person would choose the real life experience over theory every time once proven it works.

Oh, I wanted to mention that I produce excellent fertilizer...so I will be selling it at 3000 baht a lump...can only produce 4 lumps a day so put your orders in now!

No takers so far?

I am reducing my price to baht 2960.

I know what I am talking about and I can prove it....2960 is very cheap.

I actually believe you are full of that smile.png (sorry could not resist and said in jest as your post is :))

Walen School of Investing - benefit yourself!

Is this in the same spirit as Walen Schoo's CSR motto: We are a For-profit organization that does not paid for internships, but charges interns money for working for us ?

http://thaiwalen.com/en/Internship%20Opportunities

Or have I misunderstood something here in terms who is benefiting from whom?

• Like 1

This Thailand anyone can teach or claim he great

I should teach how to have a big

Also to teach this in a school he must have a licence from the ministry of education and the course material approved, so firstly i would ask to see the educational license , if he cannot show you the licence it has not been approved and he cannot teach it within his school