Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

Walen School of Investing - benefit yourself!

Is this in the same spirit as Walen Schoo's CSR motto: We are a For-profit organization that does not paid for internships, but charges interns money for working for us ?

http://thaiwalen.com/en/Internship%20Opportunities

Or have I misunderstood something here in terms who is benefiting from whom?

If they are my interns they have a good chance of learning how to become millionaires. I do not even accept all applicants but only some who I think are the right candidates. This is a small price to pay actually. All depends on your priorities and where you want to get in life.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this in the same spirit as Walen Schoo's CSR motto: We are a For-profit organization that does not paid for internships, but charges interns money for working for us ?

If they are my interns they have a good chance of learning how to become millionaires. I do not even accept all applicants but only some who I think are the right candidates. This is a small price to pay actually. All depends on your priorities and where you want to get in life.

I personally find this form of exploitation despicable.

It is beyond any common business practice and speaks volumes about you and your company.

Edited by Morakot

Has the OP any qualifications to substantiate being able to lecture on the subject other than a bank balance ?

Are you looking for an academic or someone who knows how to do it? I have money making qualification. I know how to make money through investing and I can teach that.

It is my understanding that any teaching course, especially a paid for course, the 'teacher' must have some sort of qualification in that field.

Also to teach this in a school he must have a licence from the ministry of education and the course material approved, so firstly i would ask to see the educational license , if he cannot show you the licence it has not been approved and he cannot teach it within his school

If that was a problem I can always rent another place, a meeting hall in a hotel for example, thank you for pointing it out but I do not think that would be a problem. Also problematic students will not have a chance of participating in these courses. I am looking for students who are interested in learning about investing.

I personally find this form of exploitation despicable.

That is your opinion but a lot of people are willing to pay for education and are doing very well afterwards. It is all voluntary. Nobody has to pay anything if they do not want to. Don't see where is the problem here. Unless you want to count somebody's else's money. And it is true that we are a for-profit school. We have offices, staff, taxes, insurance and many other expenses so not sure how we could operate otherwise. We are not a charity, we do not get donations or get funded by government. If you run would own business you will understand it better.

Edited by MacWalen

Oh, I wanted to mention that I produce excellent fertilizer...so I will be selling it at 3000 baht a lump...can only produce 4 lumps a day so put your orders in now!

No takers so far?

I am reducing my price to baht 2960.

I know what I am talking about and I can prove it....2960 is very cheap.

I'll only pay 2999.- take it or leave it.

Sent from a non-walen school student

OK Walen, since you are so knowledgeable and capable in investment then why not convince us right now with the following:

1. outlook for main Thai equity index, the SET (not individual stocks)

2. outlook for Thai govt bonds

3. outlook for S&P 500

4. 5 key US stock trade ideas

5. Outlook for Thai baht, EUR, GBP and AUD, all with key rationale, levels and targets etc

Can you do that in a convincing and professional manner, a couple of sentences for each point?

• Like 2

That is your opinion but a lot of people are willing to pay for education

Not to confuse the issue, an internship may have training elements but it essentially means young people work for. I understand there are some overheads and indeed some companies don't pay interns. You charge interns who work for you!

Not only me but I'm sure many other practitioners and members of the community would find such form of exploitation despicable.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

Not to confuse the issue, an internship may have training elements but it essentially means young people work for. I understand there some overheads and indeed some companies don't pay interns. You charge interns who work for you!

Not only me but I'm sure many other practitioners and members of the community would find such form of exploitation despicable.

Here is a dictionary definition:

intern

noun |ˈɪntəːn|

a student or trainee who works, sometimes without pay, in order to gain work experience or satisfy requirements for a qualification.

Will you guarantee that folk who follow your perhaps unqualified advice will not lose their collateral ?

Yes, I believe I can provided they indeed follow it. There are many factors in investing. Emotions are a big part.

That is a big statement to make. Emotions are for the ladies. smile.png

Are you qualified to give advice and teach about investing? If so how? And because you've played the markets over the years doesn't cut it. I was a structured/risk arbitrage equity trader for an investment bank for years and I'm not sure I'd want to start teaching about it. or maybe I could come and help you ;) lol

Just check that you can do it legally. I.e in the u.k if you are not an FSA registered representative and you give advice that causes a loss, you and the company will be sued, fined, banned etc etc.. Maybe Thailand has something similar? If you 'teach' people and they lose money as a result I'm guessing they won't be too pleased...

Edited by Richie23
  • Like 1

That is NOT CORRECT

I have NO QUALIFICATIONS but I could show anyone how to make daily money from the Internet LIVE

My qualification is EXPERIENCE AND DOING it day in day out.

Walen is probably the same if he is having success in investing and can show that then he is QUALIFIED no need to have some useless paper to say he is if he has proof and can show his qualification.

The qualification of anything is when you show the proof as to why you are qualified to teach any subject, and the best way to silence the critics is to show them UNDENIABLE proof in front of their eyes, unfortunatley looking at some of the posts here, I dont think even then, some here would believe it smile.png LOL

Cheers

Gawd, read carefully, DO YOU have any qualifications to teach in a school this subject. YES or NO.

The answer is, would you prefer to learn from someone who can prove that can do it with clear proof that they have, and are doing it in REALITY OR would you prefer to learn from someone with a degree in the subject but no experience and only knows the theory to what they are teaching and has a useless piece of paper to prove they know the theory ?.

I know the answer in your case smile.png

I would not get a job in a college teaching marketing, because I don't have a degree in marketing (which stupidly is required) however I can assure you I can implement it better than any college lecturer that teaches that subject and only knows the theory.

A smart person would choose the real life experience over theory every time once proven it works.

Nothing wrong with your argument except for one very important point.

If you haven't got the qualifications you would have to prove yourself via employment history & references. BS is no qualification & the OP hasn't much else.

Not to confuse the issue, an internship may have training elements but it essentially means young people work for. I understand there are some overheads and indeed some companies don't pay interns. You charge interns who work for you!

As you can read on the website it includes their work permit, taxes and insurance. Don't exaggerate. The good ones also may land a job with us. It is a good deal.

Not to confuse the issue, an internship may have training elements but it essentially means young people work for. I understand there some overheads and indeed some companies don't pay interns. You charge interns who work for you!

Here is a dictionary definition:

intern

noun |ˈɪntəːn|

a student or trainee who works, sometimes without pay, in order to gain work experience or satisfy requirements for a qualification.

Thanks for posting this definition here.

Perhaps you might like to think again and hopefully your school, which I am sure is probably OK, could conform to some minimum standard. After all we don't want to make Thailand look like a country where slave labour happens.

Thanks!

Edited by Morakot

Will you guarantee that folk who follow your perhaps unqualified advice will not lose their collateral ?

Yes, I believe I can provided they indeed follow it. There are many factors in investing. Emotions are a big part.

That is a big statement to make. Emotions are for the ladies. smile.png

But that is indeed so, people get fearful or greedy. Lots of emotions in investing and controlling them is a part of becoming a successful investor.

Has the OP any qualifications to substantiate being able to lecture on the subject other than a bank balance ?

Are you looking for an academic or someone who knows how to do it? I have money making qualification. I know how to make money through investing and I can teach that.

It is my understanding that any teaching course, especially a paid for course, the 'teacher' must have some sort of qualification in that field.

That is rubbish so you will only be taught by someone with a qualification. So I guess Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg., Lawrence Ellison, Michael Dell, Steve jobs and a list of 40 other billionaires have no right to teach anyone unless they go back to university ?

Those folk are not teachers. I can speak perfect Oxford English BUT I cannot teach ''that'' cos I am not qualified. Do you get the picture now. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Transam, all businessmen are teachers and trainers, they teach their staff how to do things and how to get where they want to get. I teach my staff everyday. Being a businessman is being a teacher. It may not be formal nevertheless it is teaching and training.

Edited by MacWalen
  • Like 1

As you can read on the website it includes their work permit, taxes and insurance. Don't exaggerate. The good ones also may land a job with us. It is a good deal.

Sorry let me get this right. You mean, you cover the legally required part of WP, tax, and contributions and you don't pay any salary, nor do you give food or housing allowances. For this someone may for work for you (lets say) 30 hours per week for 12 month and you will ask them for 85,360 THB in fees?

Is this correct? And your school does not return any of the profits made from these young interns, lets say, by sponsoring the eduction of some local socially disadvantaged children?

NO I think it is a good deal to exploit young people under the pretense that they may land a job with you.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Yes, I believe I can provided they indeed follow it.

The taste of the pudding. And you teach English?

Sent from my LT25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I missed comma.

"Yes, I believe I can, provided they indeed follow it."

Better now?

A total rubbish post from the OP but again what to expect from someone in Pattaya that wants other farang;s money.

a) I am 24 years in Thailand and I know how to make money on the stock market or in Thailand, general. No need for some advise to pay someone in Walking Street, the bum bum capital of Asia. Never been to Pattaya for almost 15 years but I wouldn't give one Baht to some farang that sits in Pattaya.

cool.png We pay our intern in Thailand and as well in another 7 countries in Asia and the best one will be kept and the other can return back home. We have a high number of interns who do very well and some are even at management level. They all get paid so that they can support them-self but I think in the bum bum capital or with Mr. Walen the rules are different.

If you can afford to pay the interns, you do it. If you can't afford it you charge them and take their money and you don't really care if they are good or bad because hey you charge them any way.

Sorry but this whole posting of the OP sounds to me like he needs more money as Pattaya can be expensive and he might have an expensive lifestyle, so lets hit the farangs that are stuck in Bum Bum city. cheesy.gif

Edited by MobileContent

Sorry let me get this right. You mean, you cover the legally required part of WP, tax, and contributions and you don't pay any salary, nor do you give food or housing allowances. For this someone may for work for you (lets say) 30 hours per week for 12 month and you will ask them for 85,360 THB in fees?

Is this correct? And your school does not return any of the profits made from these young interns, lets say, by sponsoring the eduction of some local socially disadvantaged children?

NO I think it is a good deal to exploit young people under the pretense that they may land a job with you.

+1

• Like 1

We do lots of things they you do not know about and do not need to know. If they do well they may get paid and if the can sell they will also earn commission etc. Every case is treated individually. It is really none of your business how and with who we make arrangements for internship. What we do works, the business grows every year and we have more and more satisfied customers. You obviously have some issues but I will not be explaining to you the workings of the Walen School but what we do works very well. We might end up the biggest school in Thailand and with DCS perhaps the biggest one in the world in 15-25 years time. Who knows. Exciting times we live in and education is a great business if you do it right.

A total rubbish post from the OP but again what to expect from someone in Pattaya that wants other farang;s money.

a) I am 24 years in Thailand and I know how to make money on the stock market or in Thailand, general. No need for some advise to pay someone in Walking Street, the bum bum capital of Asia. Never been to Pattaya for almost 15 years but I wouldn't give one Baht to some farang that sits in Pattaya.

cool.png We pay our intern in Thailand and as well in another 7 countries in Asia and the best one will be kept and the other can return back home. We have a high number of interns who do very well and some are even at management level. They all get paid so that they can support them-self but I think in the bum bum capital or with Mr. Walen the rules are different.

If you can afford to pay the interns, you do it. If you can't afford it you charge them and take their money and you don't really care if they are good or bad because hey you charge them any way.

Sorry but this whole posting of the OP sounds to me like he needs more money as Pattaya can be expensive and he might have an expensive lifestyle, so lets hit the farangs that are stuck in Bum Bum city. cheesy.gif

I actually live in Bangkok. Visit Pattaya usually once a week for a day or half day to look after the school. Also looking down on people living in Pattaya is not very kind, low blow in any case. Should have more respect, always the best policy.

We might end up the biggest school in Thailand and with DCS perhaps the biggest one in the world in 15-25 years time. Who knows. Exciting times we live in and education is a great business if you do it right.

I still stand...

Waiting for humility classes 555555

Edit : really feel sorry for your students. Seeing education as a great business says it all.

PS : i'm a non native English speaker teaching English

Edited by happysoul

I have a better idea ( I think). Seems your advice in money matters is bullet proof, according to yourself. Sooooooooo, how about us members give you X amount of cash and you guarantee a return less your services %. No need for you to talk to folk scratching their heads etc. Sounds fool proof to me as you profess to be an expert in the field. smile.png

I have a better idea ( I think). Seems your advice in money matters is bullet proof, according to yourself. Sooooooooo, how about us members give you X amount of cash and you guarantee a return less your services %. No need for you to talk to folk scratching their heads etc. Sounds fool proof to me as you profess to be an expert in the field. Posted Image

I'm in (with a good lawyer and contract)

Reading through some of the posts, and the normal TV crowd is really on this guy. I guess he should no better around here but still....

For people who dont know much about investing then a day or two seminar is not a terrible idea. Could the same ideas be easily found on the internet? YES. Does that make this a complete waste of money? IMHO no. The OP has offered up a reasonable course for what i am assuming is beginners and there is nothing wrong with that. I worked in finance for a few years and was amazed at how financially illiterate some people are. To people with money but no clue on investing then this course might make sense. Seminars of this nature are given all over the world.

I do understand the skepticism though, there are many con men out there. The OP is not offering a get rich quick scheme and has been forth coming with his formal education. Paper qualifications are worth the paper they are written on, I have meet many fools with expensive educations.

This course would not be for me, but I can see why it might be suitable for some.

• Like 1

We might end up the biggest school in Thailand and with DCS perhaps the biggest one in the world in 15-25 years time. Who knows. Exciting times we live in and education is a great business if you do it right.

I still stand...

Waiting for humility classes 555555

Edit : really feel sorry for your students. Seeing education as a great business says it all.

PS : i'm a non native English speaker teaching English

Do you see a conflict here? Do you know how businesses work? If a business is good you take good care of your customers so they benefit more. Communism does not work. It has been proven. Why would I like to run a business that is not profitable? I would prefer to do something else.

Edited by MacWalen