BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
BambinA

Pet Friendly Hotels

All the IBIS hotels in bkk take my 25 kg Boxer dog without any problem

Ibis Sathorn /nana is best if you are unsure - you won't be asked (at Any) ibis hotel what kg your dog is
But the you can bring in The dog via the car parks up the elevators

Ibis Riverside is Thee best place ( plenty of grass areas ) as it's a fantastic location on the river ( I bring my dog with me there and have lunch /dinner at the poolside restaurant ) Even when I am not a guest

And there is never a word said to me about the dog
It's ibis policy to accept dogs so the staff don't say anything when they see a dog

But

J no 14 guest house

Tho is my Top bkk reccomdation

In thonburi
-on booking.com or tripadvisor
Very near the ibis riverside

When we stay there it's as if we are family -- the whole family and staff are dogLovers
They even mind my dog for hours if I want to go out without taking my dog

And it's a beautiful small quirky antique filled guesthouse in a lovely quiet residential bkk so I

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi. I haven’t read thru all these posts as they seem to be a bit dated but does anyone know of inexpensive budget pet friendly hotels near Suvarnabhumi airport? 

Edited by SpicyMeatball
Add
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Hi. I haven’t read thru all these posts but does anyone know of inexpensive budget pet friendly hotels near Suvarnabhumi airport? 

Just read all these posts. Sure you will find a hotel from your choice.

We put all efforts to write. Only read. 

Arjen

• Like 2

This topic seems so out of date that maybe we need to start a new one.

I'm thinking that some of the recommendations are so old as likely to be no longer valid.

Question: what experiences have people had just taking pot luck and going from one resort to another to find a place that accepts a small dog?

I have never booked a hotel in Thailand and am not going to start now, we plan to visit Mae Sot in four weeks time which is rather a long drive, so probably will stop on the way somewhere. Are smaller resorts more likely to accept a dog than a larger one / hotel?

• Like 1

Log onto any of the OTA’s select pet friendly in the filters and you get a choice . As easy as that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cooked said:

OTA?

Online travel agency such as agoda, Hotel’s , booking etc

Edited by BestB
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 7:18 PM, cooked said:

Question: what experiences have people had just taking pot luck and going from one resort to another to find a place that accepts a small dog

Quite good, but we haven't done it for around 10 years. Besides Koh Chang, none of the places were in tourist areas. Our dog was Thai x German Sherpherd (possibly) and friendly, weighing 25kg. Mostly bungalow places, often by a stream. It's a good reason to train your dog, because when the management sees this they're more likely to let you stay.

• Like 1

My experiences are not good at all. I have a well trained, small Malinois. When I was lucky they let the dog stay outside the hotel in his bench. What is not acceptable for me.

Even places where dogs are walking around do not allow dogs from visitors.

Arjen.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 3:22 PM, BestB said:

Online travel agency such as agoda, Hotel’s , booking etc

There was only one hotel registered as "pet friendly" in Mae Sot, ฿3300.- a night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cooked said:

There was only one hotel registered as "pet friendly" in Mae Sot, ฿3300.- a night. 

Can not have it all for 500 baht😉

• Like 1

Malinois are big dogs, maybe they felt intimidated. Mind you it was 10 years ago that we were traveling with dogs. I'm considering taking my Blue Heeler away next week. I'll just drive up to bungalows and ask the management, avoiding places that look expensive or are busy. There's so many resorts in the countryside these days, it shouldn't be difficult to find somewhere.

• Like 1

Malinois are big dogs, maybe they felt intimidated. Mind you it was 10 years ago that we were traveling with dogs. I'm considering taking my Blue Heeler away next week. I'll just drive up to bungalows and ask the management, avoiding places that look expensive or are busy. There's so many resorts in the countryside these days, it shouldn't be difficult to find somewhere.
Hmmm, I wrote my Malinois is small. He is is small for a Malinois, and just slightly bigger as an average Thai dog. And very well trained. It is possible to find hotels who allow you to bring a dog. But when you do not check before I think it is very difficult.....

Arjen.
  • Like 1

Sorry, I missed that about the Malionis being small, nonetheless I think you'd have trouble due to size, the same with a Thai dog that size. In fact maybe more difficult with a Thai dog, I also think the way ppl dress would matter, the car they drive etc. Any expensive hotel that accepts dogs is likely to want cute little poodles and such.

As you say it's difficult to check before hand, even if they said yes they may change their minds.  So I can only recommend driving and asking, especially at bungalows that look deserted and are mid to lower price.

• Like 1