In Phuket court, Pitbull again denies murder

Lite Beer

According to who? You? You still haven't bothered to read the article, have you? Where do you get this "without intent?" From some ancient news? He was in court today.

From the news articles linked through out this thread........... you know differently ?

I have told you three times now where to look. But your refuse. Up to you... Must be wonderful to just believe the news sources that TV is allowed to copy... I wonder why some news sources in Thailand don't want anything to do with Thaivisa.com!

And here again, since you can't be bothered to read for yourself:British kickboxer pleads guilty to US marine murder

BANGKOK, August 28, 2013 (AFP) - A British kickboxer on Wednesday pleaded guilty to murdering a former US Marine during a bar fight in Thailand, his lawyer said, reversing his previous plea.

Prosecutors allege Lee Aldhouse stabbed to death 23-year-old Dashawn Longfellow -- who was in Phuket after sustaining a combat injury in Afghanistan -- in a 2010 fight in the tourist resort of Phuket.

Aldhouse, known in Phuket by his ring name "The Pitbull", fled to his home country after the incident and become the first British suspect to be extradited to Thailand under a century-old treaty.

"A court today read him his (murder) charge and he pleaded guilty," his lawyer Kampon Siriwatunyoo told AFP, without giving details of why he changed his plea.

Phuket prosecutor Chaingsaen Panya said Aldhouse's hearing was expected to start on September 2 and would see three witnesses take the stand.

Under Thai murder laws Aldhouse could face the death penalty or up to life in prison.

Aldhouse fled to Britain after Longfellow was stabbed but was arrested upon arrival and detained for almost two years while he fought extradition to Thailand.

He lost his extradition battle and in December last year became the first Britain in more than a century to be sent to Thailand for trial.

-- ©Copyright AFP 2013-08-28 | AFP News Sponsor

Published with written approval from AFP.

Errrm.

when did he ever say he did not kill the lad ?

what is the actual charge versus the one admitted to........ the difference is life or a handful of years incarceration.

Can you highlight those for me ?

Edited by Spoonman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He killed the guy. end of story, its just a plea for a reduced sentence, when you fight and get your butt kicked,you go away with the intent to get a weapon of some sort to come back and cause grievous bodily harm or kill, even if the victim didn't die, there is no question of the intended purpose here, it was a pre meditated revenge killing, of course deals will be struck, shameful really.

IMO I am an internet warrior and will sit behind my keyboard in the sweating safety of my house/apartment in Phuket/Bangkok/Issan playing the hard man, increasing my expanding waist line and giving it the big 'en but in reality if I was ever confronted about the things I say here I would siht myself.

That's a shame. Perhaps you should get out more, maybe a bit of exercise? Might even meet a friend or two, none of us would like to see you shit yourself. Good luck to ya

JAIL for LIFE ... that's what he deserves.

Surely that should be decided following the Guilty verdict not before it.

I can think of another name that rhymes with Bangkokrick. The guy admitted to killing the man; there is video footage of him searching for a knife; it was not to peel a spud it was because the Puxxy lost his fight. He done it with intent, it is that simple and deserves life. Unless he pays his way out of this this will be the judgement plain and simple - even with the vastly corrupt justice system.

its to the right of your o mate.. lol

From the news articles linked through out this thread........... you know differently ?

I have told you three times now where to look. But your refuse. Up to you... Must be wonderful to just believe the news sources that TV is allowed to copy... I wonder why some news sources in Thailand don't want anything to do with Thaivisa.com!

And here again, since you can't be bothered to read for yourself:British kickboxer pleads guilty to US marine murder

BANGKOK, August 28, 2013 (AFP) - A British kickboxer on Wednesday pleaded guilty to murdering a former US Marine during a bar fight in Thailand, his lawyer said, reversing his previous plea.

Prosecutors allege Lee Aldhouse stabbed to death 23-year-old Dashawn Longfellow -- who was in Phuket after sustaining a combat injury in Afghanistan -- in a 2010 fight in the tourist resort of Phuket.

Aldhouse, known in Phuket by his ring name "The Pitbull", fled to his home country after the incident and become the first British suspect to be extradited to Thailand under a century-old treaty.

"A court today read him his (murder) charge and he pleaded guilty," his lawyer Kampon Siriwatunyoo told AFP, without giving details of why he changed his plea.

Phuket prosecutor Chaingsaen Panya said Aldhouse's hearing was expected to start on September 2 and would see three witnesses take the stand.

Under Thai murder laws Aldhouse could face the death penalty or up to life in prison.

Aldhouse fled to Britain after Longfellow was stabbed but was arrested upon arrival and detained for almost two years while he fought extradition to Thailand.

He lost his extradition battle and in December last year became the first Britain in more than a century to be sent to Thailand for trial.

-- ©Copyright AFP 2013-08-28 | AFP News Sponsor

Published with written approval from AFP.

Errrm.

when did he ever say he did not kill the lad ?

what is the actual charge versus the one admitted to........ the difference is life or a handful of years incarceration.

Can you highlight those for me ?

Are you his attorney or just a troll? You can read as well as I. Then again, maybe not.

i agree this wanke_r started the fight ...he picked on what he thought was an easy mark but instead got a right flogging ..his ego couldnt take it ... good on the uk for allowing him to be exradited ..its only fair though obviously deal has been cut ...he wont be executed ... hope he gets life fxxk him scum ..

don't forget guys this could have been one of us he picked on to make him look a BIG man

• Like 1

lol the qoute function is borked.

Jimi007, you seem adamant to refute me....

Lawyer you mention. ????????

Yes, I've won a few cases. Yet not my profession. I never have had to go to trial in Thailand, thankfully. I pressed charges and won in a negation.

I was here when this whole thing happened. The bar, Freedom Bar, is less than 1 KM away from my house. The condo where Dashawn was murdered is maybe 2 KM away. I've read and followed this story as long as it has been in the news. I'm not sure you have been following the story as closely as I. If you had, you'd know he plead guilty to murdering Dashawn Longfellow today, instead of just reading the headline that TV posted and the incorrect story according to AFP and Phuket Wan.

Tangled quote post removed.

Also, please keep the nasty posts out.

handbags.gif

Thank you. But what may actually solve the obvious problem on this thread, is that by most accounts, other than the one Thaivisa.com chose to quote at first says: Aldhouse plead GUILTY to murder! http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Aldhouse-pleads-guilty-to-Phuket-murder-charge-22105.html

But of course George wound't get this many hits to his site! Cheers George...

Edited by Jimi007

That appears to me that he changed his plea from....... "killing without intent" ....to...."killing with intent"...."....

It says.....".without giving details of why he changed his plea".

That appears to me that he changed his plea from....... "killing without intent" ....to...."killing with intent"...."....

It says.....".without giving details of why he changed his plea".

it does say that he changed his plea from killing with intent to murder to killing without intent intent to murder

but to me if you put a knife into someone it would not be to give them a happy ending..

• Like 1

Translation scare the life out of me in Thailand. The guy says he didn't intend to kill the American but a translator says he pleads guilty.

Not defending the guy and he is possibly guilty as charged but translations scare me.

8 years... Just my guess !

He has done the it the proper Thai way, 1st do a runner, then when caught just confess and have the sentence halved.

Per meditated stabbing doesn't actually mean per meditated murder. He has pleaded guilty to the stabbing but not to murder.

I think 8 years will be enough for him anyway, if he is found guilty. That probably will equate to about 20 years back in the U.K.

I think you've summed it up quite correctly. Wish you were wrong but you're probably right.

Surprised that the UK agreed to extradite him, hope justice will be served

Why are you surprised?

Maybe because Thailand has the death penalty...

Many countries would never have allowed the guy to be extradicted if he was facing the death penalty. Maybe Thailand gave an assurance that he will not face the full force of the law, no execution.

He has just admitted his guilt!

He has admitted his guilt to killing without intent.

Sorry, but going into a 7-Eleven specifically seeking a knife which he subsequently used to kill his victim has 'premeditation' written all over it.

If it wasn't for the agreement that was made between the UK and Thailand, I suspect that he would be facing the death sentence for, as our American friends would say, "Murder in the 1st Degree".

Surprised that the UK agreed to extradite him, hope justice will be served

Why are you surprised?

Maybe because Thailand has the death penalty...

Many countries would never have allowed the guy to be extradicted if he was facing the death penalty. Maybe Thailand gave an assurance that he will not face the full force of the law, no execution.

Strict assurnaces given from the Thai govt, that no death penalty would be given!

No doubt a deal was done before he even landed!

The killing came after a bar brawl, allegedly started by Aldhouse, in which he was beaten by Mr Longfellow.

Afterwards, Aldhouse marched into a nearby 7-Eleven and demanded a knife. Security camera footage showed the terrified staff of the shop flinging a couple of knives onto the floor. Aldhouse picked them up and then marched out of the shop.

Later that night Mr Longfellow was stabbed in the chest at his home in Rawai. He died soon after.

​Unbelievable that foreigners here intent to lose face. A knife is considered a weapon and if he did what they say,please let him rot in hell. -wai2.gif

...let him never leave the prison. This guy will be a permanent danger to any society when free again.

Good the Thais take care of him.

• Like 1

The killing came after a bar brawl, allegedly started by Aldhouse, in which he was beaten by Mr Longfellow.

Afterwards, Aldhouse marched into a nearby 7-Eleven and demanded a knife. Security camera footage showed the terrified staff of the shop flinging a couple of knives onto the floor. Aldhouse picked them up and then marched out of the shop.

Later that night Mr Longfellow was stabbed in the chest at his home in Rawai. He died soon after.

​Unbelievable that foreigners here intent to lose face. A knife is considered a weapon and if he did what they say,please let him rot in hell. -wai2.gif

...let him never leave the prison. This guy will be a permanent danger to any society when free again.

Good the Thais take care of him.

After a few years in a Thai jail he will be released in UK custody, where after a few years he'll be released. Good thing about this is that he won't be allowed in Thailand, so at least my family here is safe.