Use your thebox.bz ratio quickly!

JamieP

It is with great sadness that we must announce the closure of TheBox.bz, effective on September 1st. This decision has not been an easy one but, given the increasingly hostile climate towards torrent sites as of late, we feel it's a necessary move.

On September 1st, the torrent section of the website will be deactivated. As TheBox has always been as much about community as about sharing, forums and private messages will remain functional for a while longer. Afterward, we will securely wipe all account details before retiring the server for good.

Discussion and farewells are welcome here
Thank you for being a part of TheBox. It's been a fun ride.

~ Tbz Staff

http://www.thebox.bz/announcement.php

Another lifeline to sanity is snipped sad.png

UKnova is still operating (but full), TVChaosUK was open for new members a few days ago, don't know about now mind, worth a look.

I believe UKNova closed about a year ago under pressure from the authorities. The only decent UK torrent site I know of that is still up is TVChaosUK.

I believe UKNova closed about a year ago under pressure from the authorities. The only decent UK torrent site I know of that is still up is TVChaosUK.

Actually I think you're correct, my membership expired long ago so I just went to the site and it indicated that they are full.

Disappointing, I been trying to get an invite for a month for this place to download 1-2 old things you cant anywhere else!

Looks like I'm never going to get them now :@

UT33, invites have been closed for some time due to overpopulation.

What exactly do you need, I may have a source smile.png

The Bill, some of them are on youtube, all of them did until they were removed sad.png

Heartbeat, some are on youtube again, some are on TVC.

I was a member there and suffered a hardrive failure so they deleted me due to inactivity.

The only way I can see me getting them now is someone in kind enough to let me use there login, as the sites closing there isn't anything to lose sad.png

Edited by Untouchable33

The only way I can see me getting them now is someone in kind enough to let me use there login, as the sites closing there isn't anything to lose sad.png

Just register for TVChaosUK. It appears to be open for new registrations at the moment - though that might change if there's a large influx of people leaving TheBox. You should find what you're seeking there. Just be aware that the rules are rather different, and they are strict on snatching.

• Like 1

Just register for TVChaosUK. It appears to be open for new registrations at the moment - though that might change if there's a large influx of people leaving TheBox. You should find what you're seeking there. Just be aware that the rules are rather different, and they are strict on snatching.

Thanks mate, I am a member on there already. I am hoping a lot of things that were on the box find themselves over there.

I have never used torrents,just because I could never find out how to port forward,

I just stream everything I want to watch,as I don't really want to save anything on HDD,

if I ever wanted to see anything again I can just go back to the site,click and watch.

In all the time I have been streaming stuff,I have never had a virus or any other

malware,where downloading torrents can be a problem,in that respect.I think?

regards Worgeordie

thebox was never a problem for that.

If anything had an issue like that it was quickly removed.

thebox also had a lot of stuff you would never find on a streaming site but if I'm wrong about that I'd love to know where to find it. smile.png

"You have been auto-demoted from Power User to User because your share ratio has dropped below 0.95."

Let's see how low it can go !

Here's a hint:

You have been entered ratio watch level 3 because you have a ratio below 0.3 and have downloaded more than 10 GB.

Well I thought Sh!t! I've still got 5GB of download ratio left and stuck in the sticks without broadband - thanks to this thread.

** then I logged into the Box and notice an email inviting me to another site - anyone else get moved over as well? All the ratios on new site same as we left off at the box so life goes on. If you didn't get an invite I think you're SOL as its a non public site and no invites. Time will tell how it survives undercover I guess??

• Like 1

Well I thought Sh!t! I've still got 5GB of download ratio left and stuck in the sticks without broadband - thanks to this thread.

** then I logged into the Box and notice an email inviting me to another site - anyone else get moved over as well? All the ratios on new site same as we left off at the box so life goes on. If you didn't get an invite I think you're SOL as its a non public site and no invites. Time will tell how it survives undercover I guess??

Well, I've got well over 100 GB of uploads in excess of my downloads (ratio 2.***) and been a member of the site for a number of years. However, no message for me inviting me to another site. (And what does "SOL" mean, please? Is it something nice?)

• Like 1

Well, I've got well over 100 GB of uploads in excess of my downloads (ratio 2.***) and been a member of the site for a number of years. However, no message for me inviting me to another site. (And what does "SOL" mean, please? Is it something nice?)

Urban dictionary is your friend and if you have 100GB upload overhead and no invite you must be Sh!t Out of Luck! I'm sorry I've no idea how I got invite, I've been member for several yrs. I did pay them twice in past if that helped? I couldn't get my ratio up in Thailand with crap ADSL upload speeds so paid for my ratio to get some stuff I wanted on there at time.

I have been with them 2 years. No mention of invites either. Maybe for certain people only OR something to be careful of.

Not really a problem as I too am a member of the other site mentioned above as well as having fingers in certain other pies to get my tv / movies fix. After all, I cannot be on here all day and out drinking every night cheesy.gif

I'd be wary of unsolicited invites... think walking street Pattaya giggle.gif

I haven't been to Walking Street for a few years!

This invite was on the Box's own message system to members so it would appear not to be unsolicited. The new site has already hundreds of posts by relieved members who've been crossed over - asking why they were chosen. I haven't had time to use it or read it, but it looks safe. However you are correct, need to be wary.

The Bill, some of them are on youtube, all of them did until they were removed sad.png

Heartbeat, some are on youtube again, some are on TVC.

I was a member there and suffered a hardrive failure so they deleted me due to inactivity.

Try http://www.torrentday.com/browse.php

thumbsup.gif

I have (had) a surplus of 1.7Tb and no invite for me so it's not to do with ratio. TVC is still open for registration as of this evening. I wouldn't bank on Empire or TheShow staying available for much longer - to be honest if UKNova had to close the doors with its ultra strict policy to avoid clashes with the music business and commercial DVD releases then it was only a matter of time before The Box felt the wrath of people like Bernie Ecclestone and others who have zero tolerance and deep pockets. It's a great shame because The Box's policy about ratio meant that many, many old and unavailable shows (both radio and TV) were kept alive and those will now vanish without trace.

I got an invite to and have downloaded several programes from the new site last night. In my thinking this was move to keep the payers and get rid of the people who dont pay. For reference donated about £100 sterling in 3 years

Just did as recommended and signed on to TVC. Will dive into the site's forum and read up on everything soon. But as a newby to torrents, there's a lot I've yet to learn. So I hope you cluebies can clear up a couple of initial things I'd like to know.

First, I've been reading a bit about viruses on d/loads. Can checkers like Malwarebytes and Avast be used on individual movie files?

Second, I've been d/loading a few things from PB to utorrent. Does TVC link into utorrent automatically for seeding?

Cheers.

Wit