English tourist stabbed in the neck by drunken Thai man in South Pattaya

webfact

English Tourist stabbed in the neck by drunken Thai Man in South Pattaya

england-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 53 year old Englishman was seriously injured in a drunken knife attack off Walking Street in South Pattaya, early on Wednesday morning.

Mr. Mark Anthony Strickleton was walking back to his Hotel with his partner Miss Karen Walton aged 50, also from England. The pair were walking up Soi 16 and approaching from the opposite direction was Khun Mondree aged 27 who was staggering and knocked into Mr. Strickleton as he attempted to pass him.

Khun Mondree demanded an apology which was not forthcoming. He then produced a knife and stabbed Mr. Strickleton in his neck before running off.

england-4.jpg

Passers-by assisted the injured man and Police were soon on-scene and were able to locate and arrest Khun Mondree who was taken to Pattaya Police Station.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/100732/english-tourist-stabbed-neck-drunken-thai-man-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-29

• Like 2

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the policeman giving him a cuddle. <deleted>.

What a shock for this couple, I wish you a speedy recovery Mr Strickleton. wai.gif

Looks like he is propping him up for the photo ! Don't see much sign of life in those eyes ?

Agree, shocking for the couple and hope the guy makes a quick recovery.

Could happen anywhere :)

• Like 1

Before the xenophobia posts start would just like to say 'Passers-by assisted the injured man' I'm guessing that some of these people were Thai so all faith is not lost yetw00t.gif

As for officer Somchai Dimwit, not quite sure what he thinks about those pesky foreigners.

• Like 2

I am losing count of the number of vicious and unwarranted attacks on tourists in the last few weeks, for apparent slights to Thai's who were bumping into people or nearly running them over. With seemingly little being done about it I can only assume this kind of attack will happen more frequently.

• Like 1

What a shock for this couple, I wish you a speedy recovery Mr Strickleton. wai.gif

Looks like he is propping him up for the photo ! Don't see much sign of life in those eyes ?

Agree, shocking for the couple and hope the guy makes a quick recovery.

Could happen anywhere smile.png

Sure it could happen anywhere but more likely in Thailand and Pattaya than most other places.thumbsup.gif

Last week a pack of katoeys beat a farang to death in soi 8 in broad day light apparently after giving the finger to a one of the katoeys as he walked by. There doesn't seem to be a day or week go by without some vicious attack on a foreigner for nothing really.

Welcome to the land of smilescheesy.gif

Edited by Tolley
  • Like 1

What a shock for this couple, I wish you a speedy recovery Mr Strickleton. wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

are those two related ????

the look alot alike

Look like they both have downs syndrome or both is pissed drunk coffee1.gif

I am losing count of the number of vicious and unwarranted attacks on tourists in the last few weeks, for apparent slights to Thai's who were bumping into people or nearly running them over. With seemingly little being done about it I can only assume this kind of attack will happen more frequently.

Na extremely rare all most extinct these days. Crime is actually listed as endangered.

Tourists should feel assured that the city is safe and the chances of them becoming the victim of crime are very slim.

Police General Wutti, Senior Adviser to the National Police Commissioner.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1