English tourist stabbed in the neck by drunken Thai man in South Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with Thailand's finest giving him a cuddle?? I don't understand??

The big bad farang didn't say sorry and caused him to have a lapse in judgement. He is just reassuring him that everything will be ok. Big Bad Farang will go home and all is forgotten. Ok who want's an icecream strawberry will put that rose back in your cheeks, tickle tickle tickle.

• Like 1

I was looking for the 'Pointing' pic to rate. When Lo & Behold we have a brotherly 'Cuddle' pic. Hhhmmmmmm ??

What the heck is that ??

Best wishes to the Victim , by the way it was the Tourist not the Chap being hugged .

NOT a good look , but I guess this incident & the beating to death of another must have 'slipped' through the 'CRACKDOWN' to make Pattaya Tourist Safe.

Violence seems to be increasing dramatically & the Full Tourist Season is still to come.

coffee1.gif

Before the xenophobia posts start would just like to say 'Passers-by assisted the injured man' I'm guessing that some of these people were Thai so all faith is not lost yetw00t.gif alt=w00t.gif>

As for officer Somchai Dimwit, not quite sure what he thinks about those pesky foreigners.

Sorry but I lost all faith in Thai's quite a few years back. It is the most vicious and racist nation I have ever been to (I have spent several months in 25 countries from the US to the middle east, Europe and a year in India as well as living in SE Asia for the past 12 years). I am sure there must be some good Thai's but from my personal experiences over the past decade they are few and far between.

I regularly warn friends not to travel to Thailand, come to Cambodia instead, the hospitality here is amazing and the smiles are far more genuine.

Sadly my instant reaction to meeting any Thai now is one of complete distrust.

and yet here you are on Thai Visa?

Is Cambodia that boring?

You don like thai's or thailand, no one here misses you or wants you back, live in Cambodia and enjoy. Bye

G

your not thai by any chance are you graeme

Before the xenophobia posts start would just like to say 'Passers-by assisted the injured man' I'm guessing that some of these people were Thai so all faith is not lost yetw00t.gif alt=w00t.gif>

As for officer Somchai Dimwit, not quite sure what he thinks about those pesky foreigners.

Sorry but I lost all faith in Thai's quite a few years back. It is the most vicious and racist nation I have ever been to (I have spent several months in 25 countries from the US to the middle east, Europe and a year in India as well as living in SE Asia for the past 12 years). I am sure there must be some good Thai's but from my personal experiences over the past decade they are few and far between.

I regularly warn friends not to travel to Thailand, come to Cambodia instead, the hospitality here is amazing and the smiles are far more genuine.

Wait and see how much they like Western foreigners when their average wage exceeds USD 2 a day and when 50% of their GDP doesn't consist of foreign aid.

Funny, my experience of Thais, from landlords to tradesmen to household staff has been just the opposite.

The attacker was drunk, caught by locals, and has already been charged with attempted murder. What more do you want?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Last week a pack of katoeys beat a farang to death in soi 8 in broad day light apparently after giving the finger to a one of the katoeys as he walked by.

Post a link to this

I don't have a link and I don't know if the story was even reported in the news.

But it was all the talk from the Thais who work down there and saw it and I have no reason to disbelieve them as they were completely shocked as well.

and yet here you are on Thai Visa?

Is Cambodia that boring?

You don like thai's or thailand, no one here misses you or wants you back, live in Cambodia and enjoy. Bye

G

your not thai by any chance are you graeme

No I would think not. Just not a Thai hater like some.

• Like 1

As for all this BS about Thailand, there is a knife attack in UK every four minutes. I am pretty sure most of the 'victims' are British. You really think Thailand is that much worse?

Funny how I have lived here (Phuket) for 5 years, never been stabbed, never been beaten up, never been chased by crazy moped driver.

I am not saying this guy did anything wrong at all and I wish him a speedy recovery, but stop all this BS that Thailand is SOOOOO dangerous. I still think you are just as likely to find trouble in UK - either because you are drunk and not making the best decisions or you are just unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Stephen Lawerence mean anything to you lot??? 17 years later and the police still cant bring themselves to admit how wrong they got it.

G

Agree with Graeme. After a few years here, some of it spent in Pattaya, I've never witnessed one incident of aggression involving farangs and thais and I have spent a lot of time in bars and out at night. Yes, I have been fortunate, but just as with lurid incidents reported in the UK tabs, we don't want to over sensationalise and emphasise everyday threats. It would be interesting to see stats of tourist visitors to Thai and the number of reported incidents as a better indication of real rather than perceived threat. Incidentally, I have been beaten up once in my life and that was in Thailand - by 3 drunk men, while ordering a sub late night in Pattaya. The brave boys who set about me...English.

• Like 1

Before the xenophobia posts start would just like to say 'Passers-by assisted the injured man' I'm guessing that some of these people were Thai so all faith is not lost yetw00t.gif

Like you say, you're guessing.

Look at the policeman giving him a cuddle. <deleted>.

What a shock for this couple, I wish you a speedy recovery Mr Strickleton. wai.gif

Looks like he is propping him up for the photo ! Don't see much sign of life in those eyes ?

Agree, shocking for the couple and hope the guy makes a quick recovery.

Could happen anywhere smile.png

it could happen in....Cornwall??

try again, you're not too convincing.

It would appear you are hanging with the wrong Thais. It would appear it is you that has the problem.

• Like 1

Brit, Pattaya again!

You obviously have a problem with Brits and or Pattaya and those 3 words in this context make you sound a right <deleted>.

I actually played pool with the guy last Saturday and have met him before.

I feel for the extended family (including his mother) who are also out on holiday.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

Yes could have happened in other countries; however, it happened here- in The Land of Smiles, where the locals are supposedly "Non-confrontational..."

What DOES happen in most western countires is that the agressor is brought to justice and receives punishment in proportion to the crime.

Kudos to the locals that gave assistance to the injured tourist.

Yeah sure it could happen in other countries also, and then in those other countries you also see the policeman giving him a "well done mate, you show these unwelcomed farangs" comforting hug.

What a disgrace to even show this

<deleted>, his intent was to kill and this cop is giving him a hug???

• Like 1