Chiang Rai’s Cast of Characters

villagefarang

Johnmarhall-I dont know what your issue is but why picking at VF-it is our town-it is our forum ect....I think - no,I know VF do not mean it in the way you seems to think - if there is a boss here it may be the moderators - and do you feel you have an issue whit VF I think you could send him a pm and I am sure he will respond in a good way.

Thank you Brian, for standing up for our forum.wai.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnmarhall-I dont know what your issue is but why picking at VF-it is our town-it is our forum ect....I think - no,I know VF do not mean it in the way you seems to think - if there is a boss here it may be the moderators - and do you feel you have an issue whit VF I think you could send him a pm and I am sure he will respond in a good way.

Thank you Brian, for standing up for our forum.wai.gif

I agree 100%. I also have to say that VF has done a wonderful job keeping this forum upbeat and positive. His photos are always a pleasure to view and I think many have benefitted from being able to see the sights in and around CR presented in such a fine manner.

I do not know if I have changed or people in general but Chiang Rai forum is a great page to visit and relax...get some info ect......a year or more back I think we always argued and I was away for a long time.Just looked in every day but did not post anything really.Today I really enjoy it... a lot of good people,pictures and relevant information about Chiang Rai.

Thanks for the welcome and hope everyone is having a fulfilling life in LOS. Am concerned about the Thai's being able to form a new government though and closely watching the news. I say this not to start a political thread in this forum but am concerned about the Thai's ability to maintain their social cohesion as it was one of the things I really loved about Thailand and one of the reasons I am leaving the west.

Thankfully they've got the Royals and Buddhism. They won't have a civil war (what an oxymoron!) because even with different colored shirts, it wouldn't be easy to tell them apart. And if one side started losing a battle, they'd just go hide somewhere and change shirt colors, or emerge bareback with big smiles and caffeine drinks all around.

• 2 weeks later...

After a very long absence we can once again see who is lurking at the bottom of the forum page. Maybe we can even get some of them to share something from time to time.

Yes, I noticed that was back earlier today. Unfortunately it seems to have disappeared again. Something to do with available bandwidth.

After a very long absence we can once again see who is lurking at the bottom of the forum page. Maybe we can even get some of them to share something from time to time.

Yes, I noticed that was back earlier today. Unfortunately it seems to have disappeared again. Something to do with available bandwidth.

I still see it on this forum's main page but not on the individual topics. A mouseover does show which topic the individual is viewing, however.

I still see it on this forum's main page but not on the individual topics. A mouseover does show which topic the individual is viewing, however.

I'll save you the trouble. I was looking at this topic.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725800-abuse-of-the-report-system/?p=7816770

So long for now. After an unusually long stay of 8 1/2 months, it time to head back to Canada. I hope to hook up with some more long term industrial project as it is time to top up the bank account. ( Sabai Dee my me tong) I have enjoy my stay even if it have been full of unusual events, motor cycle accident, ice storm, earthquakes, martial law coupe etc. It also has be a pleasure to read the form most every day to keep up with you all and goings on in the Rai. So I am off tomorrow and unsure of return date but should be back at Christmas at the latest I hope. Thank you all for you help in and on the forum and personally greatly appreciated.

by for now

Randell

So long for now. After an unusually long stay of 8 1/2 months, it time to head back to Canada. I hope to hook up with some more long term industrial project as it is time to top up the bank account. ( Sabai Dee my me tong) I have enjoy my stay even if it have been full of unusual events, motor cycle accident, ice storm, earthquakes, martial law coupe etc. It also has be a pleasure to read the form most every day to keep up with you all and goings on in the Rai. So I am off tomorrow and unsure of return date but should be back at Christmas at the latest I hope. Thank you all for you help in and on the forum and personally greatly appreciated.

by for now

Randell

You are permitted to post from Canada.....if the telegraph wires are not all frozen.

Have a good trip.

I almost forgot gerry1011, our resident Hi-So replete with royal linage, Lamborghini and a football club.

HI, I have lived off an on in Chiang Rai for about 7 of the last 10 years and signed up becasue I too have a Lamborghini. I sadly however lack a football club.

Going to send gerry1011 a PM :)

I almost forgot gerry1011, our resident Hi-So replete with royal linage, Lamborghini and a football club.

HI, I have lived off an on in Chiang Rai for about 7 of the last 10 years and signed up becasue I too have a Lamborghini. I sadly however lack a football club.

Going to send gerry1011 a PM smile.png

whatever the opposite of a Lamborghini - is what I have for wheels.

Reminds me of a line from 'Love Potion #9'

'It smelled like turpentine and looked like Indian ink....'

Going to send gerry1011 a PM smile.png

whatever the opposite of a Lamborghini - is what I have for wheels.

Reminds me of a line from 'Love Potion #9'

'It smelled like turpentine and looked like Indian ink....'

gerry has been very quiet lately. Isn't his team doing well lately.

Since you seem to be interested in cars, perhaps you could garner more information by checking out this thread. By the way Gerry hasn't posted since Feb so perhaps he is back in the motherland for a while.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/495919-chiangrai-hills-stadium-maechan/?hl=+chiang%20+rai%20+hills

I’ve outgrown bike riding. And I don’t need pictures of clouds and rice fields. I see them everyday, first hand.

Does that mean I can't be a member of the CRCOC? smile.png

PS: Is the CR forum for tourists / visitors or for people that live here?

rijb wrote:

I’ve outgrown bike riding. And I don’t need pictures of clouds and rice fields. I see them everyday, first hand.

Does that mean I can't be a member of the CRCOC?

PS: Is the CR forum for tourists / visitors or for people that live here?

I do not think I have outgrown bike riding..just having a break and I also see those things mostly every day - and still I love the posted pictures here...by all members not only VF even he is very good whit his camera.
This forum is..in my opinion and said so many times for every one who want to look what there is and for those who want to post anything - tourist or locals.
Why is it that hard for some one to jump over posted topics they do not like and go on whit something they do like???
We have had our bad times here in this forum whit a lot of quarrels and I am sure that most of us do not want that back here....and I suggest that those who have an issue whit VF send him a pm and fix this.
Then I would like to tell you-we are many here who love the posted pictures from around Chiang Rai and if you do not like them....please do not look at them and try to start any quarrel here at forum about this - 95% of forum members I think love it-fine if you do not but do not make it a problem in here please.

Nah. I'm just playing with you, trying to get you guys to loosen up.

I'm the oldest of nine kids. We grew up in a small house. No such thing as privacy. Everybody was equal and no one was ever excluded.

There's nothing wrong with opinions as long as you don't get too pushy about them.

We cool. smile.png

PS: My father started a bicycle shop. He had to build bikes for us kids because we were poor. That's all we played with. I love bikes because they remind me of him.

• 2 months later...

This is my first post, please be gentle...

I am not yet a resident of Chiang Rai, but I hope to be one in the near future. However, I have spent a lot of time there. I was stationed in Bangkok 1996 - 2000, and my wife's family lives in the Wiang Chai/Ban Lao/ corridor area (without putting too fine a point on it). During the four years I spent living in Bangkok, we traveled up to Chiang Rai often. My son learned Thai running around the village with his new-found Thai friends. The first time we arrived, with me as green and new to Thailand as I could be despite having been married to a Thai for 10 years, was eye-opening to say the least, and that is a story for another time. But I will say this much.. after a very long day's drive from Bangkok, and after departing Chiang Rai's town proper to drive yet another 25 - 30 kilometers farther into what then seemed to be the wilderness, and having no idea what we would find when we finally got to my wife's family's home, I was heartened immensely to see that little green sign with the silhouette of a golfer on it, promising me that if I only drove another 10 kilometers FARTHER into the aforementioned wilderness, I would come to a golf course! It seemed too good to be true. But it WAS true!

That golf course, was (and is) of course Waterford Valley, my favorite golf course in the world. I like to consider it to be "my" golf course, as I am sure others might. It's OK, I'll share it, especially since I'm sure some of you may have considered it "yours" before I ever considered it mine.

Now so many years have flown by, and all the little children in my wife's family's village have grown up, and I love Chiang Rai and the surroundings. After we left Thiland, we have come back at least once a year, except for a few lean years here and there, during which I missed being in Thailand greatly. As I said, I am preparing myself and my wife to move back to Thailand semi-permanently, and I do hope to get to know you all better. The talk on the TV forum has an amazing wealth of information (if you can get through all the "other than information" -- but I am not complaining) on what one needs to do to come there and stay there and be happy. I've been all over Thailand, but Chiang Rai is the right place for me.

With this attitude you'll be very welcome here when you make the move.

Let everyone know when you arrive.

AjarnP

I am not yet a resident of Chiang Rai, but I hope to be one in the near future. However, I have spent a lot of time there. I was stationed in Bangkok 1996 - 2000, and my wife's family lives in the Wiang Chai/Ban Lao/ corridor area (without putting too fine a point on it). During the four years I spent living in Bangkok, we traveled up to Chiang Rai often. My son learned Thai running around the village with his new-found Thai friends. The first time we arrived, with me as green and new to Thailand as I could be despite having been married to a Thai for 10 years, was eye-opening to say the least, and that is a story for another time. But I will say this much.. after a very long day's drive from Bangkok, and after departing Chiang Rai's town proper to drive yet another 25 - 30 kilometers farther into what then seemed to be the wilderness, and having no idea what we would find when we finally got to my wife's family's home, I was heartened immensely to see that little green sign with the silhouette of a golfer on it, promising me that if I only drove another 10 kilometers FARTHER into the aforementioned wilderness, I would come to a golf course! It seemed too good to be true. But it WAS true!

That golf course, was (and is) of course Waterford Valley, my favorite golf course in the world. I like to consider it to be "my" golf course, as I am sure others might. It's OK, I'll share it, especially since I'm sure some of you may have considered it "yours" before I ever considered it mine.

Now so many years have flown by, and all the little children in my wife's family's village have grown up, and I love Chiang Rai and the surroundings. After we left Thiland, we have come back at least once a year, except for a few lean years here and there, during which I missed being in Thailand greatly. As I said, I am preparing myself and my wife to move back to Thailand semi-permanently, and I do hope to get to know you all better. The talk on the TV forum has an amazing wealth of information (if you can get through all the "other than information" -- but I am not complaining) on what one needs to do to come there and stay there and be happy. I've been all over Thailand, but Chiang Rai is the right place for me.

I agree that you seem to have a great attitude and I believe that will make all the difference when working through the adjustment phase. Regardless of what others might say, making fun of people is not quite as helpful in my opinion. I am sure you will find Chiang Rai a lovely place to live.

With this attitude you'll be very welcome here when you make the move.

Let everyone know when you arrive.

AjarnP

Despite the lack of folks able to spell Pea Sea or us it Pee See?

Ajarn P, The time I saw you last I thought you were too young to have to worry about waking up in a Pee Sea.smile.png

Jcates Even though we live in the city we may almost be neighbours because our family land is in that corridor too....so Welcome neighbour.

Archived