Has anyone ever parked car/ motorcycle in the airport for many days?

MidoriApple

My husband is coming to Bangkok for 4 days and will want to ride his motorcycle from home to the Krabi airport.

We are wondering if it is possible to park the vehicle there at the airport for many days.

It is usually free parking, I don't ask for the fee cost, but how safe it is? Too risky to lose?

Anyone has ever?

Thank you for the comment in advance.

Longest I have parked in the undercover paid parking is 37 days - pay per day at THB 250/day

I never had a problem... I believe there is free parking but not covered, I think (but open to correction) the shuttle bus from the free parking area has been stopped... so not sure if you might have to walk to the terminal.

Longest I have parked in the undercover paid parking is 37 days - pay per day at THB 250/day

I never had a problem... I believe there is free parking but not covered, I think (but open to correction) the shuttle bus from the free parking area has been stopped... so not sure if you might have to walk to the terminal.

Agree with Samaaw 100%, the process is simple and safe.

I would agree for free-parking safely if it is a car, seems Krabi is one of the most safest province in Thailand

(at least for me, to BKK in comparison)

How about parking the scooter/ motorcycle? Some of you above ever?

As discussion with hubby this morning, he decides to take taxi from Klong Muang to AP,

but I am sure he is still searching for the right answer can or cannot do.

Will see...

Thank you once again for all comments/ cheerssmile.png

I was able to park my car very close the the access bridge into the airport, left it there for 15 days came back from UK... only problem was the battery was flat and it was filthy. thumbsup.gif

Next time try unhooking the earth cabe, I generally unhjool both cables when I am leaving the car for three months or so. Workd really well in my car. All ready to go when I come back.

I was able to park my car very close the the access bridge into the airport, left it there for 15 days came back from UK... only problem was the battery was flat and it was filthy. thumbsup.gif

Next time try unhooking the earth cabe, I generally unhjool both cables when I am leaving the car for three months or so. Workd really well in my car. All ready to go when I come back.

Only problem with disconnecting battery terminal,is that it also disconnects any alarm.

I've also left my car for three weeks and no problems whatsoever.

Today for obvious reasons, airport security worldwide is very high.

What could happen is that if security or the police see a vehicle, such as a motorbike, parked at the airport for several days, even just overnight, they may, for security reasons, have the vehicle taken away.

I have no idea where they would take it or how much it would cost to retrieve the motorbike back again? could be anything.

So if your husband decides to leave his motorbike parked at the said airport for more than 24 hours, then he does so at his own risk and discretion.

Personally, I would not take the chance, but that`s up to him.

Good luck.

I was able to park my car very close the the access bridge into the airport, left it there for 15 days came back from UK... only problem was the battery was flat and it was filthy. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Only problem with disconnecting battery terminal,is that it also disconnects any alarm.

I've also left my car for three weeks and no problems whatsoever.

This is right. I have been told I don't need to unhook the earth. Cars differ in this and some can be left longer than others, check with your mechanic or manufacturer

At Phuket airport I have parked 4-5 times for two weeks in the motorcycle parking area.

No trouble or issue. I park with a full tank of gas and it is a newer bike so no trouble with the

battery.

I have parked my bike (big motorbike not scooter) and my car at Krabi airport for up to 2 weeks at a time, without any problem.

Access to terminal 2 parking is more difficult after the road collapse and you now have to pass a policeman guiding? the traffic there - so may be safer at 2.

As you may know, there is no covered parking and no fee at Krabi airport