Etans-images of them in Thailand

Ron19

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know whether there is a patent on them but there are factories pouring them out by the hundreds but as you say,some are no doubt junkyard resurrections.

I have noticed in Uttaradit that they come new as engine and chasis and the bodies are added locally.There are a couple of businesses close by that make a living rebuilding so in that respect they are as you say.

Interesting to see they are properly registered

so I presume they meet basic standards for safety?

Then again maybe not. whistling.gif

I read in another thread that they don't have to be registered but I can't see that being true as there are too many with license plates although there are many that have no plates.Thailand has many rules and regulations that differ from other countries but my wife tells me that when bought new they have to be registered for three years and then renewed accordingly.The question of licensing in the end probably boils down to policing as it does in other areas.

Interesting to see they are properly registered

so I presume they meet basic standards for safety?

Then again maybe not. whistling.gif

This is the only car which is still affordable to the average farmer, NEW. It's reliable like a volvo and more endurable then any pre-programmed car to shut down after 5 years.

Thailand20125834.jpg

I saw PDK on the side of your post, Ron. New fram car or new farm car...whistling.gif

Seen better days.Didn't Bruce Springsteen sing a song about that ?

DSC06909.JPG

I think you may be thinking about "Glory Days" Ron.

(and yes, with Bill, they were)

Have a look down to the caption on the bottom picture of the bracket which makes mention of the glory days.

Archived