Cover your sushi...

Cheapcharly

Takes some big ones to refer to that as sushi.

A sushi chef trainee in Japan is not allowed to touch fish, typically, for the first three years of his seven year schooling. And he never, ever, picks his nose while preparing it.

Then, after his first seven years he must train for another three years if he wishes to prepare and serve Fugu, (blowfish or puffer fish to us farang).

Sex: The most fun you can have without laughing. Woody Allen.

Sent from my iPad with Retina display, using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

They also not place the sushi in a cold cabinet/fridge, leaving the sushi exposed in the hot air for half a day or even a day. I wonder why there is no food provisioning cases.

Interestingly to know, sometimes my in law would put the leftover food in the pot overnight in the kitchen, then eat it on the next day after heating up. They never complain of stomach upset!

They also not place the sushi in a cold cabinet/fridge, leaving the sushi exposed in the hot air for half a day or even a day. I wonder why there is no food provisioning cases.

Interestingly to know, sometimes my in law would put the leftover food in the pot overnight in the kitchen, then eat it on the next day after heating up. They never complain of stomach upset!

In the entrance area to the main hospital building in Korat, there is a market. I've seen sushi being sold there before, all left uncovered in the midday heat of Thailand. My wife bought some and enjoyed it. I wouldn't have touched it if I'd been dying of hunger.

My wife normally goes up to the bedroom before me and before I go up I do a trawl of the downstairs to check that everything is switched of and locked, etc. I often find food that should be refrigerated, left out and exposed for all and sundry to crawl over. I always wrap and put into the fridge. I always tell the wife what I've done and she always says, "Mai bpen rai."

The Japanese use leftover sushi the next day for breakfast. A quick fry to cook the fish and heat the rice and it makes a nice breakfast treat.

Edited by Oishii