Unable to access Kasikorn K-Mobile Banking Plus in UK

Hi, has anyone used Kasikorn K-Mobile Banking Plus in the UK ?

I have just returned from Thailand, where I was able to connect without any trouble. But here in the UK, I constantly get the error:

Sorry, connection error. Please ensure GPRS network only (WI-FI not authorized). Please reboot the system and try to login again (error 277)

Apart from seeming crazy to not allow access from a Wi-Fi, I have also tried it while connected by my carrier's 3G and 2G network, and I get the same error each time. Having talking to the carrier's tech support, they told me that their 2G network is Enhanced GPRS (ie EDGE) - yet I still can't connect. The carries doesn't have an old 2G (GPRS) network.

Has anyone else had this problem in the UK using K-Mobile Banking Plus, and were you able to overcome it.

Thanks

PS

According to the Google Play description the App will only work on Thai mobile operators AIS, DTAC, and TrueMove....won't work on other mobile carriers or Wifi. Summary: only works within Thailand unless maybe you have very pricy international roaming on your AIS, DTAC, or True plan...but I expect it wouldn't work even on international roaming since you wouldn't be on AIS, DTAC, or TrueMove for that international roaming.

Description
K-Mobile Banking PLUS is a high-security mobile banking service from KASIKORNBANK PCL. It is a comprehensive 24-hour full function e-banking service that allows you to do balance & credit card inquiry, bill payment, mobile top-up, funds transfer - both within KBank and online interbank funds transfer,push bill alerts, and free weekly mobile magazine. Registration at ATM is required for authorizing your savings/checking account for use with this service. Triple Lock Security ensures that access is possible only from your iPhone using your mobile number with your secret PIN.

Mobile operators supported: AIS, dtac and TrueMove - both prepaid & postpaid services.

K-Mobile Banking PLUS can only be used on Android 2.x and above connecting through GPRS/EDGE/3G provided by the above mentioned mobile network operators in Thailand. K-Mobile Banking PLUS will not be allowed to connect to KBank's server via WiFi.

• Like 1

Internet banking works fine provided you have the phone registered with them to recieve OTP etc.

If you do, then all plain sailing and easy. If you dont, service and actions will be very limited.

Edited by CharlieH

I did check with KBank before and got this answer: about using K-Mobile Banking PLUS (if you mean this service), while you are living in overseas, we would like to inform you that you can use K-Mobile Banking PLUS service, but you have to open internet roaming with GPRS / EDGE / 3G also.

I travelled to Europe andd di use it in Germany and it works fine.

But you have to pay for the internaional roaming

I did check with KBank before and got this answer: about using K-Mobile Banking PLUS (if you mean this service), while you are living in overseas, we would like to inform you that you can use K-Mobile Banking PLUS service, but you have to open internet roaming with GPRS / EDGE / 3G also.

yes... much cheaper to use internet banking with OTP. not cheaper... free in fact.

yes... much cheaper to use internet banking with OTP. not cheaper... free in fact.

But OTP is the "one time password" that they send to your mobile, right ? So to do that while abroad you have to have a roaming service with AIS/DTAC/True, right ? This puts me in the same position as trying to use Mobile banking. I've already given up on that.

I changed my security setting to PIN2 - which is just another fixed password - from OTP before I left Thailand, so I hope I can transfer money to a local account in Thailand using K-Cyber banking (internet banking) without the need to receive anything to my Thai mobile number. I haven't actually tried to use it yet to make a transfer yet, but I need to make a payment for a condo purchase next week, and if I can't do it I will be up a certain creek without a certain instrument.

I have K Cyber pin 2 internet banking.

Before I could topup mobile numbers on line from overseas.

They have stopped this now for pin 2 users which is a pain in the bum.

With pin 2 I think if you have not registered the other account while your in Thailand

you wont be able to just transfer to another account.

I would check on the internet real quick, I think you will be in for a shock.

If anyone can help me about the mobile topup, that would be great...thanks

aussiep....

But OTP is the "one time password" that they send to your mobile, right ? So to do that while abroad you have to have a roaming service with AIS/DTAC/True, right ? This puts me in the same position as trying to use Mobile banking. I've already given up on that.

I changed my security setting to PIN2 - which is just another fixed password - from OTP before I left Thailand, so I hope I can transfer money to a local account in Thailand using K-Cyber banking (internet banking) without the need to receive anything to my Thai mobile number. I haven't actually tried to use it yet to make a transfer yet, but I need to make a payment for a condo purchase next week, and if I can't do it I will be up a certain creek without a certain instrument.

No, it's not the same.

Roaming for data and for GSM are two separate things, which are activated separately.

With GSM roaming, you receive SMS for free, and it doesn't cause any other costs either if you don't use your phone for calling/SMSing.

And please go back to OTP on your account, as PIN only is very very insecure (I'm even surprised it's possible to do that). A trojan on your computer, and your balance is history!

Edited by manarak

I have K Cyber pin 2 internet banking.

Before I could topup mobile numbers on line from overseas.

They have stopped this now for pin 2 users which is a pain in the bum.

With pin 2 I think if you have not registered the other account while your in Thailand

you wont be able to just transfer to another account.

I would check on the internet real quick, I think you will be in for a shock.

If anyone can help me about the mobile topup, that would be great...thanks

aussiep....

Bugger. Seems you are right. I tried to register an account, and to complete the registration it sends an OTP by SMS to my Thai number.....