Building Plot Around Chiang Mai

malcolminthemiddle

Gonna be visiting Chiang Mai next week and during the trip planning to view some land and other properties for sale.

Looking for a plot around 1 Rai for single family residence with best views and environment.

Thought I'd post this just in case some one within TV has some leads.

Thanks in advance.

Where do you want to be? North, South , etc?

there are so many plots for sale apparantly but it would be helpful to know if you have any idea of where you want to live.

Personally I do not know of any ... but there are plenty of people that do that read this forum.

Chiang Mai is quite a size Malcolm ...only problem is you will be smoking 10 a day without having a puff as our polution is off the scale from what I have read!!!!!

Good luck ...will be nice to have you here in CM

Edited by ThaiPauly

Hi TP,

Thanks for reply.

I don't know CM that well so I'm open to location.

Backing onto the river out of town would be nice, or could that lead to flooding problems?

Environment and neighborhood are key.

Is there a beautiful spot you would recommend within 20Kms of the city?

Cheers

Edited by malcolminthemiddle

Malcolm,

If you don't know CM that well I would really suggest you spend some time here before you decide to buy anything.

it's not everyone's "cup of tea" just happens to be right for us loonies that live here.

Take a GOOD LOOK around first... Thailand is a very BIG country.. one Man's meat is another Man's poison, blah blah.

There are a lot of plusses to living here...but many would say there are a lot of minuses as well... no beach... no islands.. etc. Pluses:best hospitals outside of BK.. Great for me!!! Cost of living, price of property, a great bunch of TV memebers that will make you feel welcome, they are just a few of the benefits

Consider your options carefully

But most of us that live here LOVE IT!!

Malcolm,

If you don't know CM that well I would really suggest you spend some time here before you decide to buy anything.

it's not everyone's "cup of tea" just happens to be right for us loonies that live here.

Take a GOOD LOOK around first... Thailand is a very BIG country.. one Man's meat is another Man's poison, blah blah.

There are a lot of plusses to living here...but many would say there are a lot of minuses as well... no beach... no islands.. etc. Pluses:best hospitals outside of BK.. Great for me!!! Cost of living, price of property, a great bunch of TV memebers that will make you feel welcome, they are just a few of the benefits

Consider your options carefully

But most of us that live here LOVE IT!!

Pauly in your minus you forgot No CIS. HMC, or interpol :o:D

Malcolm - I would seriously reccommend you follow Paulie's advice. Come here and spend some time. Take your time over things. Get to know the place and your potential neighbours etc.

As an example, river front land is beautiful, expensive and liable to severe flooding for several months per year. Some areas are worse than others.

The old adage - Act in haste, repent at leisure could never be more true than when it comes to buying property.

I repeat - Take your time. Two almost identical plots of land, side by side, can have prices as much as five or ten times different in cost per Sq Wah depending on who is selling. You will always hear about the more expensive one first.