BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

legendarysurfer

Choam Sa-Ngam / Chong Chom Border Crossing

Does anyone know if Cambodian E-visas are still not accepted for entry into Cambodia at these 2 border crossings?

Cambodian E-Visa are only valid for air arival and for land crossing at Poipet and Hat Lek only.

eVisa still not accepted for entry at Choam Sa-Ngam / O'Smach crossing, but you can use it for exit. Some larger land borders accept it both ways.

Here's the relevant web page which shows which borders accept what. I note that the e-visa processing fee has been raised from $5 to $7 as of mid May. Maybe some will not care less about losing a page for a sticker visa (arriving and seeking a visa on entry for he basic US$25) and some arriving at PP airport will not mind queuing to get the sticker visa. Its still just about worth the $7 premium to me when I fly into PP.

http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

Has anyone made a border run to the Chong Jom/O Smach crossing in the last few days? I heard that recently

Thai soldiers shot at four Cambodians who strayed across the border near there and killed one woman. Have

there been any repercussions by Cambodian authorities at the border there that might affect any aspects of entry/

exit procedures? Thanks

Has anyone made a border run to the Chong Jom/O Smach crossing in the last few days? I heard that recently

Thai soldiers shot at four Cambodians who strayed across the border near there and killed one woman. Have

there been any repercussions by Cambodian authorities at the border there that might affect any aspects of entry/

exit procedures? Thanks

Zero concern for crossing at Chong Chom. I live by the crossing. Tourist and hoppers are crossing over withe no problems.

I came back last week with 2 other riders and there was no issues at CC

Did a border run to Chang Sa Ngam the third week of March. No issues.

Drove to the border in my car. Parked. Walked across. Had lunch at the casona (2nd Floor in the back--buffet & snack bar). Walked back.

Hot & dusty. Market was mostly closed mid day.

The grumpy Cambodian border guard did not even ask for $10 "tea money."

Back to my house in about an hour.

There's a big official opening ceremony currently underway today with big posters announcing "The opening of a new city Chong Sa Ngam"

There's a big official opening ceremony currently underway today with big posters announcing "The opening of a new city Chong Sa Ngam"

Where are the photos ? Wheres the links ?

Where are the photos ? Wheres the links ?

A family member is one of the official guests. No photos yet.

Does that mean they finally fixed the road from Highway 24 Kwaibah?tongue.png

Have not a clue. Nobody and I mean nobody is doing any reporting on that crossing. Guess I may have to do a recon.

Have not a clue. Nobody and I mean nobody is doing any reporting on that crossing. Guess I may have to do a recon.

I frequently use this road to make deliveries to the border. I was there again this morning. Road is great all the way from Route 24 to the border. No more pot holes. Tarseal most of the way, with concrete through some of the villages. At the border it is all very clean and green with the whole market demonished. It is extremely quiet on the Thai side. I don't know what it is like on the Cambodian side.

I frequently use this road to make deliveries to the border. I was there again this morning. Road is great all the way from Route 24 to the border. No more pot holes. Tarseal most of the way, with concrete through some of the villages. At the border it is all very clean and green with the whole market demonished. It is extremely quiet on the Thai side. I don't know what it is like on the Cambodian side.

That should be good for a couple of months then.