It's Over

ThaiPauly

Just to let you all know that I have finally brought down the curtain of my business dealings in LOS.

My Restaurant has now been sold to the staff that essentially run it. Nog is now the owner, nice girl, cook is still there ...go enjoy when you are visiting Baan Tawai (oh yes this is a plug for free) !!!

The Secret Garden will still serve excellent food ... but for me the time has come to RELAX...see a bit more of Thailand and not have to worry about anything.

I would like to thank all those that have supported the restaurant and I really hope you will still go there... after all I wont be there to bore you shitless any more .. so thats a plus. maybee I can spend time perfecting my golf swing, although it hasn't much improved in 10 years!!!

Now I can have some banter on the forum without as some would say a "hidden agenda"

Just thought I would post this FYI.. I am really looking forward to doing absolutley NOTHING .. except spending time with my family and some of my TV freinds

TP

So we can expect you to drop in at the FC now :D

And of course you wouldn't have your mind on the job with Reading on the box every saturday or sunday.

Yep, I think you can safely say we will be up your way lamps... I am sure you will make us feel welcome.... but if its at the weekend you must PROMISE to show the Reading games :D

I will give you plenty of notice as I will need you to find us some accomodation :o

Just thought I would post this FYI.. I am really looking forward to doing absolutley NOTHING .. except spending time with my family and some of my TV freinds

TP

Excellent decision – wasn’t there a song about being “busy doing nothing”? I’ve been doing it for years and can whole heartedly recommend it. :o

Good luck, Paully. Doing nothing, every day, eventually drives me nutters. Which may explain why I'm in Shanghai, banging away on my friend's crummy laptop.

Enjoy. I suspect the 'doing nothing' song was by the Guess Who, unless I'm thinking of 'taking care of business,' which Paully needn't do.

Congratulations (IMHO) on making a wise decision. I do nothing and I do it VERY well. Since I do nothing I rarely have time to do things that I really do want to do. :o

Good luck, Paully. Doing nothing, every day, eventually drives me nutters. Which may explain why I'm in Shanghai, banging away on my friend's crummy laptop.

Enjoy. I suspect the 'doing nothing' song was by the Guess Who, unless I'm thinking of 'taking care of business,' which Paully needn't do.

I remember the words:

We're busy doing nothing working the whole day through

Trying to find lots of things not to do

We're busy going nowhere isn't it just a crime

We'd like to be unhappy but... we really don't have the time :D

Thanks one and all for your good wishes. I'll try not to go stir crazy..if I DO..you will easily be able to tell :o

I wish you all the best Pauly – you deserve it. I’ve been trying to retire for years. I find that having burnt all my boats on several occasions, I slide into another activity without hardly noticing it till I end up in serious trouble with the doctor or my wife and then I go through the whole process all over again.

I am at the stage for the third time of burning boats again, the only difference is that this time round I will be making damned sure that I am not tempted into anything that looks like work.

~

Delightful restaurant, good food, excellent service but most of all it gave many of us the opportunity to meet and become friends with you and Tip.

Welcome to retirement TP and no worries as I will happily teach you the fine art of doing nothing.

:o

Never been to that restaurant ... However, I've always considered you postings as a positive assets to this website. I gather you'll still be around and posting ... so where's the loss?

TP, I believe with regards to the post and one I saw elsewhere that you may be taking an extended break down in my neck of the woods? Do please PM me when you get here, anything I can be of help with or just to come over to my place for a few drinks.

Seonai

TP, I believe with regards to the post and one I saw elsewhere that you may be taking an extended break down in my neck of the woods? Do please PM me when you get here, anything I can be of help with or just to come over to my place for a few drinks.

Seonai

Thats a definate Seonai...dont know when at the moment.. I am not too well owing to a fall I had over Songkran. I damaged my ribs (fool) . One of my Sons is coming over in May.. I was hoping to travel before he comes..but that is looking increasingly unlikely now...so bear with me..I WILL get there..its just a question of when.

Thank you for the kind offer..I will be in touch :o