Looking To Rent

ThaiPauly

Hi Guys.

I am looking to rent something beachfront in the Krabbi area for 3-6 months.

I have not a clue as to where to start to look.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated

cheers

TP :o

are you meaning aonang beach? there are guesthouses behind the beachfront shop for about 6000-8000 per month in the low season. if you mean a beachfront house - sorry - no such thing - the land is just too valuable!!

I'm very curious about this as well, though more looking for a room, small bungalow, or a studio apartment. A local I'm becoming friends with has told me that I can find a place for inbetween 2-3,000 Baht a month but I have yet to learn further details.

• 2 weeks later...

Guide to Ex-Pat Living in Krabi :o

Property Listings Including a few Rentals.

I found this comment as well.

"Thursday, 9 February 2006

Back in Action III

Filed under: Personal— Jan @ 19:17

After six months of waiting, I finally have a brand new ADSL connection. While it’s certainly possible to run a shareware business on a dial-up connection, comfortable is something else indeed. It’s just such a bother to wait for the modem to connect, wait for pages to load, etc. that I gave up on many Internet-activities, such as regularly posting something on my blog.

But I’m back now! I got the most expensive package my ISP offered, paying 2700 baht or about US$70 per month for a 1024/512 kbit business package. So far, my connection has been better than expected. It actually delivers the advertised speed on international connections most of the time. Thailand is not exactly known for reliable and/or fast international internet connections.

Fortunately, things are improving all the time. The fact that the former state agency will finally lose its monopoly on international telecoms this year is no stranger to that. If they hadn’t gotten their act together by now, some of their soon-to-be-former customers would quickly compete them out of the market. "

Source: http://www.shareware-beach.com/category/personal/

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went to Krabbi (Aoh Nang) and was not at all impressed... I stayed at the Krabbi Beach Resort which was fine..but the price of everything is SO DEAR... I needed some painkillers.. I had to pay 30 baht for a strip that I pay 10 baht for in CM.

Also dining out is seriously expensive.... a basic Pizza for 350 baht.. they are having a larf arn't they?

safe to say I won't be returning.. I am more comfortable that I am not being "Ripped Off " at home

I was advised that if I pressed on with my 3,500 klik journey things were just gonna get dearer.. I really DO NOT NEED a beach THAT MUCH.. I have my own Sat Wai Nam!

However the folks down there (except for restaurant staff at the Pizza Place on the promenade.. hang on.. come to think of it every night we ate out there the staff did not seem to give a toss.. the Hotel Staff were good though).. The FULL MOON BAR had nice people I recolect.

Bye Bye Krabbi.. the best part was the road from Surat Thani to Krabbi.. anyone never taken it.. you gotta... If you have a really FAST CAR (I don't) you could do 200 kliks an hour along the duel carriageway and see about 5 cars in 100 kliks, and the scenery is amazing!!

TP

Guess I won't be seeing you down there :o I'll be moving down there soon for a year long stay I guess! Ao Nang sure isn't as cheap as the cheap parts of CNX ... but Krabi town is.

Guess I won't be seeing you down there :o I'll be moving down there soon for a year long stay I guess! Ao Nang sure isn't as cheap as the cheap parts of CNX ... but Krabi town is.

Hi,

What are some basic prices ranges for in Krabi town?

I guess the one I'd be most interested in is rent for a studio apt (with a/c).

THanks!