Air Con Or Fan Accomodation For April?

sonic_11uk

I've only ever been to CM during the cool season, but will be visiting next week.

I'm curious if it's necessary to stay in a/c accomodation now or whether fan will suffice. I know the answer's objective, but do please let me know what you think.

Cheers!!!

:D Poor Man's A/C -

Get a fan and point it at you.

Pay 20 baht and get yourself a spray bottle (you know, like one of those that you spray your houseplants with?)

Fill with water

Spray yourself (with a fine mist) about once every 10 minutes.

Almost as effective as A/C without the high power consumption :-)

I come from the UK, where it's cold most of the year. Living in CM with my spray bottle when indoors is really tolerable and quite comfortable, even in the hot season. My Thai friends think it's pretty amusing!

:o

Frak

• 4 months later...
:D Poor Man's A/C -

Pay 20 baht and get yourself a spray bottle (you know, like one of those that you spray your houseplants with?)

Fill with water

Almost as effective as A/C without the high power consumption :-)

I come from the UK, where it's cold most of the year. Living in CM with my spray bottle when indoors is really tolerable and quite comfortable, even in the hot season. My Thai friends think it's pretty amusing!

:D

Frak

U must be joking!! hehehe u made me laugh a lot...hehe ting tong..

:o

that fine spray thing is precisely what is happening in many a parisian cafe in chic areas. i experienced one on st germain des pres a few days ago - yes it was pretty hot. the french like to think they're clever, cool, et al. - would hate to think themselves ting tong. (not known for laughing at themselves at all...)

of course the spray idea is centries old. i think.

me i don't like a/c except in very very extreme conditions of humidity.

cd

IMO fan is fine now for the night time but if you plan on the odd nap in the afternoon then air con would be a help even if only to reduce the humidity.

I think that unless you are used to the heat an A/C is essential!

Chiang Mai in April is like he11 on a hot summer day.

Get AC!! :o

IMO fan is fine now for the night time but if you plan on the odd nap in the afternoon then air con would be a help even if only to reduce the humidity.

I think that unless you are used to the heat an A/C is essential!

Chiang Mai in April is like he11 on a hot summer day.

Get AC!! :o

###### its still hot every march april of this year. can we please get through winter first before discussing this again?? april is not here for a long time. come on guys!

:o Poor Man's A/C -

Fill with water

Frak

That reminds me of a really cool homebrew project I saw online a few years ago from a poor student trying to cool his dorm room.

It was a basic siphon arrangement with 2 buckets connected with plastic tubing that wrapped around the blades of a fan. Fill the top bucket with icy water and siphon it into the lower bucket. Run the fan and it would cool a small room pretty well for an hour or so.

Of course you need a supply of ice cold water , so it's not cost effective.

I'll try to find the link.

Edit - Found it.

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~gmilburn/ac/

Edited by Simmo