Tai Chi Chuan / Chi Kong In Chiangmai

pilou

Hi everybody

Does anybody knows about a place in Chiangmai or around where Tai Chi and/or Chi kong is teached and practised ?

I have checked around this forum and found no informations so far.

Don't mention the Tai Chi center back of Rattanakosin road, I went there and it is kind of messy and untidy, even if the quality of teaching is OK.

Does anybody knows about Balavi Viangping activities (on Tung Hotel road ) ?

Thanks

Pilou

Don't know about Balavi Viangping, but yesterday I saw advertisements for a Crane style of Thai Chi/Chi Kong at the Khun Churn vegetarian restaurant, just off Niemenhamen road. (Soi 7 First house on left from Niemenhamen)

Drop in for the best Vegetarian buffet lunch in town (65 Baht) and you should get all your answers there.

Don't know about Balavi Viangping, but yesterday I saw advertisements for a Crane style of Thai Chi/Chi Kong at the Khun Churn vegetarian restaurant, just off Niemenhamen road. (Soi 7 First house on left from Niemenhamen)

Drop in for the best Vegetarian buffet lunch in town (65 Baht) and you should get all your answers there.

Thanks about the info, I will certainly go there again and check this ad.

I hear pretty good things from the Tai Chi place over near Payap's main campus - www.taichithailand.com. Not cheap though, and they really give you no discount if you already live or have accomodation in Chiang Mai.

scrap that you've been there..

Also Thai friends tell me that people practice Tai Chi at Buak Had (CM's park , southwest moat corner) early in the morning.

Hope that helps :o

Frak

Edited by Fraktalkid

... I'll ask some friends. Do you speak Thai? Or do you need a class oriented to farangs?

:-)

Thanks for all the informations, I went to Khun Churn and enjoyed the buffet ,and have seen the ad posted there about Crane Tai Chi, I am going to contact them.

Suan Bok Had is a bit far for me, I do speak Thai but would not mind a farang course.I have also been told by friends that some people practice Tai Chi on Nimanhemin at the CMU health place, will check that asap too.

It'll be interesting to hear your conclusions. Personally I was going to go and do the Tai Chi course over near Payap (the one you're not so keen on). I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that.

Hurrah to Khun Churn :-) GREAT place!!

Cheers,

Frak

So far no news from the contact found at Khun Churn, which, I agree, is a nice place.

About the place back of Payap, well, go there yourself and make your own opinion, I think the teaching is probably OK ( I have met happy "students"there),but the place is not really appealing to me.

I still have to go and check out the place on Nimanhemin, will try soon.