university teaching

jobin

I hope to talk to a public univ soon about teaching, probably English, specialty subject and scientific writing. Can anyone give me some info on what avenues of discussion with univ admin might be useful to me. What about visa arrangements, how much salary, working hours, etc? Are most of these set by govt or do universities have whatever flexibility they need to accomplish their tasks?

If you could give some more information about your background...do you have a graduate degree; what specialty subjects are you interested in besides scientific writing? What area are you looking at, Bangkok etc?

Edited by orchidlady

• 2 weeks later...

I too am interested in teaching at the University level as I am getting close to punching out of the USA. I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, and a MS in Math. I am an active engineer and am sure I can teach any of the first years of math or basic physics or engineering courses. Certainly what we in the USA would call Calculus 1 and Calculus 2. Of course Algebra and other general math classes would be no issue. I wouldn't mind teaching english, but I have no desire to teach kindergarden or 12 year olds. When I was teaching in Grad School, the math department often had senior grad students teach the undergraduate level students, and I myself taught algebra and basic differential calculus to the business students. Their calculus was much less intense and theoretical than the math the engineers or physics majors took.

Im a student in Assumption University.It's the first international university in Thailand.

Recently, i've seen many new foreign teacher from US came to teach here.Most of them are still young,like around25-30 .

I think may be now the university need more foreign teacher in many position.

You can go to visit www.au.edu and make a call for more information.

Im a student in Assumption University.It's the first international university in Thailand.

Recently, i've seen many new foreign teacher from US came to teach here.Most of them are still young,like around25-30 .

I think may be now the university need more foreign teacher in many position.

You can go to visit www.au.edu and make a call for more information.

Institutional Language 'teaching' in Thailand is controlled by elderly females that like to look nice and have every eye dotted and every tea crossed. Failing students receive a pass grade because the institution requires students in numbers so sufficient monetary budgets keep coming and the old bags get lubricated.

It is a 'rewarding' job and a pleasant environment for a easy-going, positive, well intentioned falang. Try and make a difference or a cause a wrinkle to appear on an old trouts boat race and you will be subject to critical scrutiny until an undotted tee or uncrossed eye is found and off you go, kob khun ka, sawdee ka.

Great job, highly recommended, 12 hrs a week, full pay, 3 months paid 'holiday', work permit and AAA immigration status.

Fill ya boots.

• Like 1