2 Teenagers Arrested For Murdering An Elderly American Man

Lite Beer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I live in a condo , I feel safe here with 24h security , surveillance cameras and friendly neighbours.

Indeed. One rarely hears of people being murdered in condos except occasionally when the perpetrators are known to, and are invited in by, the victim (girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, hookers, drinking partners etc.).

The likelihood of some unknown thief/murderer getting past security, up to my floor and into my room is minute indeed. In fact anyone in the corridor would be hard put to know if my room amongst all the many others contains anything worth stealing or not, or even if it is occupied at all.

Must be nice living life in such a paranoid state. I, and many friends, enjoy not living in tiny boxes in the sky and have never had a problem...and going on ten years now and 3 different locations in Pattaya.

As to this case, like many others, there's the possibility that these perps may have been at the residence before; were there any signs of forced entry?

The likelihood of some unknown thief/murderer getting past security, up to my floor and into my room is minute indeed. In fact anyone in the corridor would be hard put to know if my room amongst all the many others contains anything worth stealing or not, or even if it is occupied at all.

Must be nice living life in such a paranoid state. I, and many friends, enjoy not living in tiny boxes in the sky and have never had a problem...and going on ten years now and 3 different locations in Pattaya.

You misunderstand. I am not paranoid at all. I dont have special locks on my door or security cameras on my gate or barbed wire on my walls or bars over my windows or packs of guard dogs or firearms etc etc etc. Why? Because where I live I simply dont need them.

It's people who live in houses here who think they need to have those as can be witnessed by the many threads relating to such things. So they are the paranoid ones, probably with cause.

And dont imagine that I live in a condo just because of the security advantages it offers; I dont. I live in a condo mostly because I love the view. I couldnt get that at any price in a house here, though I did have an equally panoramic view from my house in Europe, which was on a cliff. The security and the ability to leave a condo unused for weeks or months without having to think about are just nice extra advantages.

But even if I did live in a house here I stll probably wouldnt have those security features, precisely because I am not paranoid. I have never had a house alarm or a car alarm anywhere on the planet and I hope to get through life without needing either.

I certainly Doubt it is ..Western Influence has destroyed the Culture ..and Increased the Violence , Sad but True ..

Power / Money ..and outside influence .

Come on! Wake the <deleted> up and smell the coffee. Western society is to blame for all of Thailand's woes? The country who believes Western society/culture has nothing to offer them!

Take a moment or two to learn some Thai and then another to watch Thai television and then ask yourself again What is destroying Thai culture!

Or better still just keep playing with yourself

You misunderstand. I am not paranoid at all. I dont have special locks on my door or security cameras on my gate or barbed wire on my walls or bars over my windows or packs of guard dogs or firearms etc etc etc. Why? Because where I live I simply dont need them.

It's people who live in houses here who think they need to have those as can be witnessed by the many threads relating to such things. So they are the paranoid ones, probably with cause.

And dont imagine that I live in a condo just because of the security advantages it offers; I dont. I live in a condo mostly because I love the view. I couldnt get that at any price in a house here, though I did have an equally panoramic view from my house in Europe, which was on a cliff. The security and the ability to leave a condo unused for weeks or months without having to think about are just nice extra advantages.

But even if I did live in a house here I stll probably wouldnt have those security features, precisely because I am not paranoid. I have never had a house alarm or a car alarm anywhere on the planet and I hope to get through life without needing either.

Glad to hear it...I too don't have any extra and mostly useless security acoutramonts on any of my houses either.

I certainly Doubt it is ..Western Influence has destroyed the Culture ..and Increased the Violence , Sad but True ..

Come on! Wake the <deleted> up and smell the coffee. Western society is to blame for all of Thailand's woes? The country who believes Western society/culture has nothing to offer them!

Take a moment or two to learn some Thai and then another to watch Thai television and then ask yourself again What is destroying Thai culture!

Thanks for your Input ...I have taken Note . Reasoned debate may be a little more productive .

Thanks

Dont wish to Blame the Victim , far from it ..But , its certainly true if you want to live here , no matter how much you may think you can " Take Care of Yourself " you just have to Ignore , Shut up .. and look away .

"SHUT UP and LOOK AWAY" , the victim was in his own house. You thai apologists dont know when to stop

Have u been mugged/robbed or just had a thai girl stitch u up,was she 25 years younger also.??????

And on what planet are you still a teenager at 22?

Welcome to Amazing Thailand! Here, some people spend their entire lives acting like teenagers. I see 12 year old boys acting like they are 4 years old. I see 30 somethings acting like teenagers. I see people in government acting like they are still in high school or college. Every once in a great while I see a mature adult.

Thanks for your Input ...I have taken Note . Reasoned debate may be a little more productive .

Thanks

for Thaivisa , this qualifies as reasoned debate..

Edited by blackman

And on what planet are you still a teenager at 22?

Welcome to Amazing Thailand! Here, some people spend their entire lives acting like teenagers. I see 12 year old boys acting like they are 4 years old. I see 30 somethings acting like teenagers. I see people in government acting like they are still in high school or college. Every once in a great while I see a mature adult.

i bet it was not on here

My wife's brother is a mid ranking officer, due to him I know there are much more cases regarding the death of expatriats and tourists in Thailand, as far as it is possible the authorities try to keep it on a low, regardless wether it was an accident, natural death or murder case!

I think this would be true in most countries - I don't see it is the police's job to advertise crime - as long as it is not swept wholesale under the carpet, keeping a lid on the story is acceptable to me (assuming that does not impede the solving of it of course - such as a search for a suspect, where broadcasting it can help).

K-Pop

The cops got them didn't they. Police don't sentence only apprehend & present the case to the Judge/Court for their disposal.

I have arrested people over the years that had far more than 40 'incidents' on their 'sleeve' .

Don't forget we also have the "Multiple Point" pics so it is obviously bad.

Seriously though Teenagers at 19 & 22. That statement even I cannot fathom.

"Males armed with timber " would be more apt , "attacked & allegedly killed a defenceless senior citizen over 70 years of age."

Arrested by Police who were concerned that reporting of the incident would harm Pattayas Tourism Image..................HELLO !...............TOO LATE for THAT

coffee1.gif

Why did they do a re-enactment? Investigating the crime, or because there was a cover up?

I think that it is worse publicity for the city to show that the police are covering up crime, then publicizing that there is crime but they are doing their best to prevent it, take care of it, etc.

I agree about the comment about a 22 year old. Though the frontal lobe of the brain is not fully developed until 22, only 13-19 are teenagers.

Thats why I live in a condo , I feel safe here with 24h security , surveillance cameras and friendly neighbours.

Indeed. One rarely hears of people being murdered in condos except occasionally when the perpetrators are known to, and are invited in by, the victim (girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, hookers, drinking partners etc.).

As to this case, like many others, there's the possibility that these perps may have been at the residence before; were there any signs of forced entry?

This is an Important Part of the Issue .

Often it is mentioned About the Current Situation in Pattaya , Phuket ...Yet you can still certainly live well in both Locations ,

the heart of most of the problems is the obvious locations .

Its not mentioned if they have or have not been there before . It certainly doesn't change an Horrendous Act , but the discussion have gone to

Self preservation and general Safety .

Sometimes you can get just Unlucky of Course , But often there are other Issues .