2 Teenagers Arrested For Murdering An Elderly American Man

Lite Beer

My wife's brother is a mid ranking officer, due to him I know there are much more cases regarding the death of expatriats and tourists in Thailand, as far as it is possible the authorities try to keep it on a low, regardless wether it was an accident, natural death or murder case!

• Like 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why we Farangs are leaving Thailand in our droves, aren't we ?

If only that we're true...Thailand would be a much better place if most of the foreigners living here didn't!

Perhaps you would like to do the majority a favour by setting a fine example? I can recommend a good travel agency..

Oh such wit...I'm blown away...Oscar Wilde's got nothing on you!

• Like 1

Indeed it seems true. Cannot access via Internet connection in Thailand, but the site is still accessible from outside of Thailand. So, it is a firewall block. Interesting.

is it just a coincidence that the Pattaya daily news website is inaccessible this morning or has it been shut down by the police seeking to cover up the story?

conspiracy theorists fire away.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Indeed it seems true. Cannot access via Internet connection in Thailand, but the site is still accessible from outside of Thailand. So, it is a firewall block. Interesting.

is it just a coincidence that the Pattaya daily news website is inaccessible this morning or has it been shut down by the police seeking to cover up the story?

Oh yeah...funny I just pulled it up on my iPad sitting here in pattaya having my coffee. I know pattaya is sometimes not considered part of Thailand so maybe that's why i can get it but maybe you guys just need to check your spelling or check that your devices are even on. Sorry conspiracy theorists...nothing to see here. LOLOLOL Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I can pull it up in Thailand now too. I could not earlier.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, and am pretty sure I am capable of working my device and spelling properly, but thanks for the tips.

quote name="OMGImInPattaya" post="6801666" timestamp="1378613555"]

Oh yeah...funny I just pulled it up on my iPad sitting here in pattaya having my coffee. I know pattaya is sometimes not considered part of Thailand so maybe that's why i can get it but maybe you guys just need to check your spelling or check that your devices are even on. Sorry conspiracy theorists...nothing to see here. LOLOLOL

And on what planet are you still a teenager at 22?

The teenage label arises from their mental capacity and emotional development. It has nothing to do with their age.

or vice versa; mental development and emotional capacity

Yes you are right the pattayadailynews site was definitely down this morning. It is reporting as usual now.

Seems like they were career criminals, another paragraph of the story below.

"After checking their criminal records police were astounded by the number of cases they had, they had over 40 cases in Jantaburi Province."

link here:

• Like 2

And on what planet are you still a teenager at 22?

The teenage label arises from their mental capacity and emotional development. It has nothing to do with their age.

Sorry to disagree, because in this case their mental capacity is below that of pre-school !!

If only that we're true...Thailand would be a much better place if most of the foreigners living here didn't!

Perhaps you would like to do the majority a favour by setting a fine example? I can recommend a good travel agency..

Oh such wit...I'm blown away...Oscar Wilde's got nothing on you!

Are you trying to be troll or does being an ass just come naturally to you? I read your posts on the other thread re the guy murdered in Soi 7, pretty similar to this.

BTW..... OMGIminpattaya, quite a drama queen moniker.

Edited by OnTheRun
  • Like 1

Were hiding here in Isaan with blinders on, other wise we feel necessary to post here to vent our anger at the present "Thainess" in Thailand, the relatively high number of foreign deaths/manslaghters, train derailaments and the ususal, keeps us close to home.

• Like 1

Totally good call about either these guys not being able to afford a Mac w/ cheese.

Look at their condition - one shoeless. This is what YaBa does is to drive a person to sell their shoes and their soul to smoke another Yaba tab and to commit murder for another 2 hour high.

The real root cause is elsewhere as with many of these stories.

RIP to the man and good reporting to warn all of us expats to stay awake, aware and diligent to avoid situations that can get out of hand.

I know places in many countries you would not last 5 mins after entering the wrong area. Well - as much as many of us would like to admit - Pattaya and Phuket are now one of those dangerous places you would want to avoid when at all possible.

• Like 2

I am not a conspiracy theorist, and am pretty sure I am capable of working my device and spelling properly, but thanks for the tips.

Oh yeah...funny I just pulled it up on my iPad sitting here in pattaya having my coffee. I know pattaya is sometimes not considered part of Thailand so maybe that's why i can get it but maybe you guys just need to check your spelling or check that your devices are even on. Sorry conspiracy theorists...nothing to see here. LOLOLOL

Fixed broken reply/quote nesting (out of sheer boredom).

Edited by MaxYakov

I will repeat it once again,if you shut up, things won't happen, you can not piss these guys off,even if they are wrong and stepping on your toes, especially if you are old and alone somewhere,..RIP

That's just plain idiotic. You speak as though we are in the middle of the jungle and it's kill or be killed. If your life is in such a precarious state here you would be better off elsewhere.

For those of us who choose not to live in fear a good rule of thumb is to let the small stuff slide but stand up for yourself. No one should go through life as you suggest. Is that why you really came here? Do you really kowtow to Thais at every turn? There are lots of us here who live our lives just fine and don't live in fear -- nor would we suggest anyone else do the same. Pathetic.

I will repeat it once again,if you shut up, things won't happen, you can not piss these guys off,even if they are wrong and stepping on your toes, especially if you are old and alone somewhere,..RIP

That's just plain idiotic. You speak as though we are in the middle of the jungle and it's kill or be killed. If your life is in such a precarious state here you would be better off elsewhere.

For those of us who choose not to live in fear a good rule of thumb is to let the small stuff slide but stand up for yourself. No one should go through life as you suggest. Is that why you really came here? Do you really kowtow to Thais at every turn? There are lots of us here who live our lives just fine and don't live in fear -- nor would we suggest anyone else do the same. Pathetic.

I don't think he means that.

IMO I would let stuff 'slide' here in Thailand a lot more than I would back home, that does not mean I live in fear. This is a place were I wish to stay and I will let nothing stand in the way of that. I will stand up for my family at all costs though.

• Like 1

"After checking their criminal records police were astounded by the number of cases they had, they had over 40 cases in Jantaburi Province."

Incredible that the executive is not able to bring highly criminals quick behind bars and keep them there.
.I do not want to know in how many cases this killers have been released on bail in the past.
The excekutive and legeslative institutions should really consider how they can better protect their peaceful taxpayers from such criminal scum.
RIP

Edited by tomacht8

I always feel like there has to be more to these stories. Why was he killed? I am not blaming the American guy at all. I am just thinking, though.....if two young guys want to take money from a 70 year old, surely it is easy enough to do without killing him. And at an Internet cafe?

After 40 incidents with the law, I guess these two are going away for a bit.

I'm just curious, How can an 19 yrold and a 22 yr old have over 40 run in's with the law?blink.png

I was thinking that at some point you have to say, Lock these 2 up for a bit.

But I guess TiT. blink.png

• Like 1