2 Teenagers Arrested For Murdering An Elderly American Man

Lite Beer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe this explains why the murder by a ladyboy mob on soi 7 some weeks ago was not reported.

Ali nah? The what by what??

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/662139-norwegian-beaten-to-death-soi-7-pattaya/

That story is confirmed untrue in Norwegian forums. The Norwegian guys was beaten up by some ladyboys, had a night in hospital and was out the next day

The rumors of his death was hugely exaggerated.

Edited by Mangkhut
  • Like 1

After 40 incidents with the law, I guess these two are going away for a bit.

I'm just curious, How can an 19 yrold and a 22 yr old have over 40 run in's with the law?blink.png

I was thinking that at some point you have to say, Lock these 2 up for a bit.

But I guess TiT. blink.png

I have arrested little shites in Melbourne Australia with far more prior charges and court appearances than these guys and not a single conviction recorded against their names. Charges proven without convictions which means they still have a clean slate. One who had 18 court appearances for assaults, drugs and burglaries who received no convictions just good behaviour bonds. (all in 5 years)

I'm just curious, How can an 19 yrold and a 22 yr old have over 40 run in's with the law?blink.png

Yes, i wounder too, how the police work here.

40 cases and no action?

I understand why they want cover up this story.

Does not looks like great investigation work.

incredible, 40 cases in the past and this criminals can walk around freely so long.

Does the police no have a name matching program on there computers, that bringing events and names quickly together?

I will repeat it once again,if you shut up, things won't happen, you can not piss these guys off,even if they are wrong and stepping on your toes, especially if you are old and alone somewhere,..RIP

This is an interesting comment. . . and I would add, "even if theyr'e stealing your wallet". . . .If someone who looks like this is demanding something from me, I would have something to give them.

Yabba addicts probably.

I having been living part time in what is now one of the world's most expensive and civilised cities, but in a part of it, which would have parallels to Pattya. Access to seedy street life, prostitutes, homelessness and drugs. Depending on where i'm going and at what time of day, I may carry the bills in my sox and small change in my pocket. . .

I've done this for years all over the world. Having two stashes and doing a bit of acting can save your life.

I always have a 'strategy' for the street.

I mention this for the benefit of those that have not thought about it for a while.

I remember the Aussie lady who got knifed to her death in Phuket, trying to hang on to her handbag.

This is a terrible story and it is unconscionable that the Police cover this up for the sake of the tourist stream, but in that, they're no different from anywhere else. Cover ups abound everywhere. . The police around my way in Sydney love soft crime, easy targets and people they can bully. I know, I've been assaulted three times on the streets here and there's no big hurry to do anything about it. They're busy busting homeless people for having .5 gram of pot on them. Go figure it.

When I lived in Pattaya in 2001 and 2002 the local expats were warned in the local papers to be careful walking by tall buildings because of the frequency of reported and unreported suicide and homicide victims that fell or were thrown to their death. Locally it was know as the "Pattaya Plunge". The number of suicides from two gunshots to the head always kept Thailand as "The Hub of Suicides by Two Head Shot".

Around the same time I remember seeing pictures of a guy who the BIB said was a suicide hanging from a Bangkok billboard shot it the head (only once), with his hands tied behind his back and a plastic bag sealed over his head. I thought, Amazing Thailand.

I've said it before, living is Bangkok for more than ten years, behind many of those Thai Smiles lurks a homicidal maniac. Confrontation should be avoided at all costs. A recent example is the taxi driver who went all "Kill Bill" on an American fare and hacked him to death.

• Like 2

Yes, i wounder too, how the police work here.

40 cases and no action?

I understand why they want cover up this story.

Does not looks like great investigation work.

incredible, 40 cases in the past and this criminals can walk around freely so long.

Does the police no have a name matching program on there computers, that bringing events and names quickly together?

Actually it is up to the courts to lock them up. Can't blame the cops if they are still walking the streets.

Totally good call about either these guys not being able to afford a Mac w/ cheese.

Look at their condition - one shoeless. This is what YaBa does is to drive a person to sell their shoes and their soul to smoke another Yaba tab and to commit murder for another 2 hour high.

The real root cause is elsewhere as with many of these stories.

RIP to the man and good reporting to warn all of us expats to stay awake, aware and diligent to avoid situations that can get out of hand.

I know places in many countries you would not last 5 mins after entering the wrong area. Well - as much as many of us would like to admit - Pattaya and Phuket are now one of those dangerous places you would want to avoid when at all possible.

Yes, but Thailand doesn't advertise that you may be entering "favelas" once in a while. Instead it's "oh beautiful country, beautiful people (insert "girls" here).

There is almost impunity in attacking foreigners here. The sooner people realize that, the better.

I came here from a Asian country where ANY crime against a foreigner would make front-page news in every media. Maybe Thailand needs to learn a lesson. And nothing hits home better than loss of money. If you're an expat, think about Malaysia or do your big spend shopping there. Last time I checked, $80 r.t. ticket on Air Asia.

• Like 1

And on what planet are you still a teenager at 22?

The teenage label arises from their mental capacity and emotional development. It has nothing to do with their age.

Based on that standard, this is a teenage forum.

Great I'm a teenager again, now where are all those young Thai women I was too old for?

Back on topic.

RIP to the man. Let's hope that justice is done and that action is also taken against the police for trying to cover this up.

That's why we Farangs are leaving Thailand in our droves, aren't we ?

If only that we're true...Thailand would be a much better place if most of the foreigners living here didn't!

Perhaps you would like to do the majority a favour by setting a fine example? I can recommend a good travel agency..

Oh such wit...I'm blown away...Oscar Wilde's got nothing on you!

How about: Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go! The latter would definitely apply to you!tongue.png

• Like 2

Indeed it seems true. Cannot access via Internet connection in Thailand, but the site is still accessible from outside of Thailand. So, it is a firewall block. Interesting.

is it just a coincidence that the Pattaya daily news website is inaccessible this morning or has it been shut down by the police seeking to cover up the story?

conspiracy theorists fire away.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Oh yeah...funny I just pulled it up on my iPad sitting here in pattaya having my coffee. I know pattaya is sometimes not considered part of Thailand so maybe that's why i can get it but maybe you guys just need to check your spelling or check that your devices are even on. Sorry conspiracy theorists...nothing to see here. LOLOLOL

3 separate individual members of TV over a three hour period report the pattaydailynews website down

yet you say it isn't

must be a conspiracy

oh on another thread, there are some photographs of amber lights in pattaya that you said ''they don't have here''

you are never wrong though so it must be me and others conspiring to prove you wrong

or could it be that you are wrong?

Ah Thainess at work...... An internet cafe ??? <deleted>....Will be interesting to see how the

apologists will spin this one. Am curious what insult could possibly be given out by a 70 year

old man that would justify his murder by the Thai punks. Or maybe they just needed some

money for karaoke. There is an ongoing rumor here in Pattaya that a lot of murders are

covered up, guess this incident proves that.

Yep, guess it would look bad for tourism. Send an email=get murdered...

He was murdered in his room not an Internet cafe.

Edited by Rimmer
P1 text removed 'fair use'
  • Like 1

Two arrested for murder of American in South Pattaya

usa-4.jpg

PATTAYA:--Two men aged 19 and 22 have been arrested in connection with a previously unreported murder of a 70 year old American in his South Pattaya home.

Police Major General Katcha, the Provincial Police Commander, oversaw a reconstruction of the alleged murder which took place on 29th August at the home of Mr. Stephen F Morfella aged 70, an American Citizen, who lived at the Chantawin Resort in Soi 15 off the Thappraya Road. The reconstruction was held at a building site close to the scene of the crime as the family of the deceased asked Police not to re-enact the crime in the victim’s home.

As the victim slept, the two assailants, Khun Anuchai aged Khun Siriwat, broke-into the house in search of valuable items.

At the time, Mr. Morfella was asleep and as the two men entered the 2nd floor bedroom, they saw him in the bed and used a stick to repeatedly strike him. The victim screamed for help as one of the suspects placed a pillow over his head while the other continued to beat him until he died.

The men left with 8,000 Baht in cash, a mobile phone and an I Pad and hid out at a Games Shop at The Village Estate off Pattaya Third Road, where they were arrested on Friday.
Full Story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/101863/arrested-murder-american-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-08

Still wondering why we need arms in this country? Because it's a jungle. Even during the far West, it was more civilized.

"Even during the far West, it was more civilized."

And probably more coherent. What does "during the far West" mean? "During" refers to a time and "far West" a vaguely defined place.

If you're an American and are referring to the time when the white population was moving west, killing off the indigenous population and killing off one another in fits of drunken debauchery & greed-inspired lawlessness, no, it wasn't more civilized.

Your highly provincial sense of history appears to be derived from the likes of John Wayne and Chuck Norris and probably video games.

And no "we" don't need arms in this country. If you need a gun to overcome your fear, go back to where AK47's mowing down children in primary school is considered civilized and acceptable collateral damage.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

And on what planet are you still a teenager at 22?

I am assured by my Thai friends that 'teenager' has nothing to do with a guy's age.

Seems to be based on maturity and if his mother still picks up after him!

Indeed it seems true. Cannot access via Internet connection in Thailand, but the site is still accessible from outside of Thailand. So, it is a firewall block. Interesting.

is it just a coincidence that the Pattaya daily news website is inaccessible this morning or has it been shut down by the police seeking to cover up the story?

conspiracy theorists fire away.....

Oh yeah...funny I just pulled it up on my iPad sitting here in pattaya having my coffee. I know pattaya is sometimes not considered part of Thailand so maybe that's why i can get it but maybe you guys just need to check your spelling or check that your devices are even on. Sorry conspiracy theorists...nothing to see here. LOLOLOL

3 separate individual members of TV over a three hour period report the pattaydailynews website down

yet you say it isn't

must be a conspiracy

oh on another thread, there are some photographs of amber lights in pattaya that you said ''they don't have here''

you are never wrong though so it must be me and others conspiring to prove you wrong

Ok I admit I was wrong about the ambers, there are some of them scattered about town. However, most of the major intersections only have green and red lights and the countdown timer, which I guess can substitute for the missing yellow light.

Happy now?

And I see the latest report confirms my earlier posts that the crime occurred at the victims residence and not at an internet cafe, which never made any sense.

yet you say it isn't

must be a conspiracy

Ok I admit I was wrong about the ambers, there are some of them scattered about town. However, most of the major intersections only have green and red lights and the countdown timer, which I guess can substitute for the missing yellow light.

Happy now?

tickled pink