Briton found dead at his home in Kanchanaburi

webfact

Briton Found Dead At His Home In Kanchanaburi
By Khaosod Online

KANCHANABURI: -- Mr. Keith Lanyon, 75, a British expat, has been found dead by his neighbours at his residence in Mueang District, Kanchanaburi Province.

Mr. Chatchai Swatthong, 56, Mr. Lanyon′s neighbour, told our correspondent that Mr. Lanyon had resided in Kanchanaburi for 8 years. After noticing that Mr. Lanyon had not left the house for two days, Mr. Chatchai then paid the man a visit, and found him sitting breathless on a chair on the top floor of the townhouse.

According to Mr. Chatchai, Mr. Lanyon had been living life of "one party after another"; he was also a heavy drinker and smoker. In his house, police found numerous packages of alcoholic beverage and cigarettes.

The officers said they had found no sign of struggle or fight.

Autopsy report from Paholpolpayuhasena Hospital stated that Mr. Lanyon had died from sudden heart attack.

The police said they had informed the British Embassy in Bangkok about Mr. Lanyon′s death.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM09EZ3dORE0xTUE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-09-10

He died happy,,,,,,,,,,,,,RIP

How do you know that "he died happy" perhaps the reason he was drinking was that he had many problems and cured it with alcohol.

The only certain thing is that he is dead 'maybe happy maybe not' (unless you can read the palms of a dead man that is)

Apparently he lived life the way - and where/how/who - he wanted....he might have been able to carry on the party for a few more years without the cigs and alcohol - but some just like to run on the heavy fuel.......wai2.gif

So what tell me who the judge is in this world please. He had a good innings

You would think after 75 years the feller might have wised up! "Party hardy, only the good die young". Don't know who wrote that bullshit line but there is much work to be done on every front in this worldly realm. To waste ones life is a given, but a selfish centered ball of crap too. I fight the elements and go with nature, we will all lose our battle of drawing air, but to leave nothing of import to any purpose, kinda thinks a waste of DNA and corpuscles! I plan to inspire and motivate in positive ways and not the way of average humans, the path to easiest resistance. I know old bastards who are strong, sharp, amazing and self sufficient to the sweet end! Whew, I need a drink after that tirade:

I cannot believe that his neighbour said that he had one party after another.

I have known Keith (aka Kheeneeo Keith)for as long as I have lived here in Kanchanaburi and he most certainly was not the partying type. He was living here when I arrived over 18 years ago. He did relocate to Goa for some years but returned to Kan some 8-10 years ago. He lived extremely frugally hence his nickname and had few friends. A regular visitor to the Jolly Frog where he would sit every day have a few drinks and then go home. Never had a girlfriend in all the time I knew him. Kept himself to himself. Dying on his own at home seems to fit in with the way he lived his rather sad life.

• Like 2

I cannot believe that his neighbour said that he had one party after another.

I have known Keith (aka Kheeneeo Keith)for as long as I have lived here in Kanchanaburi and he most certainly was not the partying type. He was living here when I arrived over 18 years ago. He did relocate to Goa for some years but returned to Kan some 8-10 years ago. He lived extremely frugally hence his nickname and had few friends. A regular visitor to the Jolly Frog where he would sit every day have a few drinks and then go home. Never had a girlfriend in all the time I knew him. Kept himself to himself. Dying on his own at home seems to fit in with the way he lived his rather sad life.

Well ProDriver, I have known Mr. Keith for about the same, 10 or more years and as you said in your above post not a partying type, kept himself to himself. Dying on his own, I feel that it is what he wanted to do, no bother anyone just sipping his brandy and watching the TV.

Rest in Peace Keith and thank you for the phone number Keith that you gave me so many years ago to contact your folks back home. thumbsup.gif

Win wai.gif

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1

Keith was not a party animal, he was more like a metronome, and whatever he was he deserves the respect of being remembered truthfully. Any future posters please don't make pointless guesses and give fatuous congratulations to someone you never knew.
If you saw him arrive at the Jolly Frog at 11.55 am or 12.05 pm it meant your watch was wrong. He arrived at 12.00 pm and would stay 20 or 50 minutes depending on how many 'friends' were there to talk with. You would remember him easily. He wore a white T-shirt and pale blue jeans. Every time.
His main interest was avoiding spending money. He was very good at it.
He would come back to the Jolly Frog at 6.50 pm in time to get his table and watch the films with his small bottle of Sangsom. One of his favourite topics to talk about with his 'friends' would be how bad the Jolly Frog was. He should have known - he had done this every day for years! Except when he had to do a visa run. Or the times he came back at 3.00 pm as well to see if anyone was about he could spend some more time with.
So what a shame no-one noticed when he had not come one lunchtime, one evening...or the next day...or the next day...or the next. The management, the staff and many regular customers should have noticed this was very unusual.
How many days before his 'friends' stopped asking where he was because they had already talked about that yesterday? Boring! So many of the worlds problems to discuss when you have nothing to do all day, again.
It would be nice to think Keith died happy. His neighbour thought he was a party animal, but it is very hard to see why.

Sorry Keith.

RIP

• Like 2

how did he manage to party everyday in kanchanaburi the place is as dead as a dodo

Too be honest, it certainly doesnt look as if he was partying everyday.

Kicked the bucket on his lonesome with no friends or female companions around him.

Check out the photo of his gaff, Archa beer and Blend, hardly the choice of conniseurs, as another poster mentioned, more like the choice of the kee niaw.

Another poster mentioned, Sangsom, another favourite of the financially challenged.

Sorry, the whole affair seems rather sad to me, a "Billy No Mates" departs this mortal coil and no one even knows or cares he has gone.

Not for me, I would rather check out 10 years earlier surrounded by those I love, and who love me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...