Current Land Prices

markyboy

Dear All,

My Son's 1st birthday is rapidly approaching and I thought a good investment would be to buy 1 Rai of land (or is it my wife's idea ?:o )

We have been offered land near the family home in Khon Kaen province (Rice farming land with irrigation etc).

I would just like some advice with:-

Average price for 1 Rai

Ownership of land for 1/2 Thai son (UK & Thai Passport)

Apologies if this question/s has been asked before but I guessed the prices may be quite fluid!!

Many thanks :D

Just asked my sister in law how much for 1 rai. She told me 30K 1 rai. Srisat We are about 10 clics from Srisaket.

2 weeks back we were on Koh Chang, and somebody told me that "we" we as in farang, can buy 1 rai, in our name, to build a house on, even when you are not living in Thailand.

(please correct me if i'm wrong or badly informed)

2 weeks back we were on Koh Chang, and somebody told me that "we" we as in farang, can buy 1 rai, in our name, to build a house on, even when you are not living in Thailand.

(please correct me if i'm wrong or badly informed)

Badly informed I'm afraid.

If you are Farang, no land in your name.

Dear All,

My Son's 1st birthday is rapidly approaching and I thought a good investment would be to buy 1 Rai of land (or is it my wife's idea ?:o )

We have been offered land near the family home in Khon Kaen province (Rice farming land with irrigation etc).

Average price for 1 Rai

Apologies if this question/s has been asked before but I guessed the prices may be quite fluid!!

Mark, land prices vary in different areas, 20 - 30,000 I would imagine is a rough Guide, although it's sometimes cheaper and sometimes more expensive.

I think in the countryside, land is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :D

If Land is on a main road you could pay up to 500,000 per rai, depends where it is, if its in the sticks with a dirt road as little as 17,000 Baht, just bought 20 rai for 15,000 per rai, in the sticks, rice land.

The others have pretty much outlined the situation regarding prices.

Don't forget that the title available also has an effect on what you should be prepared to pay. Less than Nor Sor 3 and you're only really buying the goodwill. No problem buying in son's name, except you must realise you then have little control over the financial aspects once it is in his name, as you must sign at the Land Office that the money for purchase is not yours.

Dear All,

Average price for 1 Rai

hello markyboy

i dont know what the land prices are in khon kaen but if you buy the 1 rai of rice farming land it will need to be backfilled with soil if you wish to build a house etc on the land in the future and this could be very expensive so i would check how much to back fill before buying rice land

just bought 12 rai for 105,000,rice land in the bush,dirt road,2 or 3 kilo's out of the village.the previous owner cant pay the car payments ( shes broke )khon kaen,mancha khiri district.

You had a bargain there, best of luck, what is the land title on it, you had better check this, at 8,700 Baht per rai. i would be a bit weary at this price. if the thai is short of cash, this seems a little cheap,

we have land we have paid up to 200,000 per rai and as little as 17,000 per rai, we have three quarters of our land, Rice land the other quarter Building land, which is main road frontage. we have approx 100 Rai.

All depends where it is...and usually down to...same as everywhere..Location.Location..etc...

Seem to remember reading recently that the old British Embassy is still banging on about flogging off their backyard and estimates banded about have been in the region of some silly price like 1 Billion Bt /rai. :o

just bought 12 rai for 105,000,rice land in the bush,dirt road,2 or 3 kilo's out of the village.the previous owner cant pay the car payments ( shes broke )khon kaen,mancha khiri district.

You had a bargain there, best of luck, what is the land title on it, you had better check this, at 8,700 Baht per rai. i would be a bit weary at this price. if the thai is short of cash, this seems a little cheap,

we have land we have paid up to 200,000 per rai and as little as 17,000 per rai, we have three quarters of our land, Rice land the other quarter Building land, which is main road frontage. we have approx 100 Rai.

I would have to agree with that . It does seem cheap even for the stick's . My 15 rai ( in the sticks and beyond ) went for 42,000 a rai but it is flat land with good dirt ( mostly ) that you can build on .

One rai has a pond and another has mango tree's . Dirt road , no phone lines but it does have electric . A few people are building nice house around there now so it seems that it is a up and coming area . Right now we have sugar cane on it .

12 rai for 105,000????this dirt is well into the bush,no power,no water etc,and the road is really a good track.the wifes village is fairly poor and most of the locals have their 10 to 20 rai to farm with.can someone explain the land title bit as i dont understand???thanks and good luck to all.