Beach = Shorts

Exercise = Shorts

Market = Shorts

Bus = Shorts

Train = Shorts

Airplane = Shorts

Immigration = Shorts

Government Offices = Shorts

I guess I am just one of those guys that look great in Shorts ....... thumbsup.gif

In my opinion, that guy does not exist. But TV is all about opinions, and each poster accepting each others.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you mean short shorts ie showing your ass, or long shorts ie knee length?

I always wear shirt & long shorts with trainers & socks when out in town,flip flops are only for the garden

90 day report-long shorts & shirt, renew visa long trousers and shirt, I dont posess any teashirts.coffee1.gif

I mean any kind of shorts, they just look hideous.

except when travelling shorts day and night, inside home and outside. give a flying fart what other people wear or think. eat your heart out pantalone chaps!

Posted Image

This.

I've never really gave it a second thought. Shorts everywhere for me, night and day.

If I were to visit a posh restaurant or court then maybe.

Disclaimer: I never intend to visit a posh restaurant or court in Thailand, ever.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If i wear long pants and shoes i get instantly in a bad mood, so i have a good excuse.

Only exception are visits to Immigration, and dates with posh girls ( the latter doesn't happen very often, the former too often )

..Oh.. You guys in long pants look very funny..Just saying..coffee1.gif

I respect your opinion, and I would not call you an idiot because I disagree with you, which I do.

So what about the people who live in a cold climate and save up all year to come to Thailand for 2 weeks.......they must wear jeans/long pants????

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nobody must wear anything they don't want to wear. I respect ones opinion to wear what they like.

shorts are standard dress in Australia and it is a lot warmer here. If I am going out I wear long p[ants but other than that I am always in shorts(knee length). To me the only people that donr wear them out asre either too far up themselves or they are simply prudes. Shorts and a shirt/t shirt with crocs/sandals/thongs looks neat and casual, anyone that cannot accept this as a fact would be considered a wanke_r in Australia but then if your skin is just too white or you are too fat, too ugly or too far up yourself to realize the truth I donr really give a sh*t. I dress for comfort as well as to look good and dont give a toss if some wanke_r thinks shorts are not to wear outside of sport or the beach, get a life or buy a pair of decent shorts.

The long trouser cretins probably can't afford a decent pair of shorts and are wearing long trousers that are probably 30 years old they brought with them from UK.

• Like 2

I wear shorts on the beach, and nowhere else.

With regards to farangs wearing shorts, one of the most embarrassing moments of my life was a business partner who showed up at a business dinner wearing shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt. The guy was a VP from a US company. After the dinner the Thais wanted to go to Spasso (Hyatt) but the moron was denied entrance because of his dress code, and for this reason the Thais didn't want to break up the party so we had to go somewhere sleezy even though the Thais wanted to go to Spasso.

I have had to apologise for this moron ever since.

Edited by Forethat
  • Like 1

I never wear shorts as well. Neither on the beach nor at home. I even don't have any. Always go around in long trousers, socks, proper shoes and long sleeve shirts, all in black. Up to me, why bother about others?

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

if i was fat i'd cover up my body too.

• Like 2

I always wear a 3 piece suit, fedora and patent leather shoes even to the beach.

This is the most pathetic topic I have ever encountered on this BBS. It's brought the long trouser cretins with thigh high socks out of the woodwork with absolutely inane fashion sense and morons who consider jeans high fashion.

thumbsup.gif

not to forget

Sockenhalter.300.jpg

• Like 1

Not all shorts are created equal. There's a big difference between a pair of footy trunks, boardies and dress shorts. I'll wear long pants if going somewhere that requires looking respectable (like a govt office, decent restaurant), but for everywhere else I think shorts are fine. Especially if you're in a tourist area.

• Like 1

I always wear a 3 piece suit, fedora and patent leather shoes even to the beach.

This is the most pathetic topic I have ever encountered on this BBS. It's brought the long trouser cretins with thigh high socks out of the woodwork with absolutely inane fashion sense and morons who consider jeans high fashion.

thumbsup.gif

not to forget

Sockenhalter.300.jpg

Don't see a comb in the sock to maintain the Comb over, essential for any self respecting gentleman

• Like 2

I grew up on the west coast of America. California, Washington and Alaska. In Alaska I wore long pants. This seems more of a cultural influence from your upbringing. The stuffed shirts of England come to mind. My English neighbor will not leave his yard without "proper" long pants and button up shirts. I dare say, where I come from, this attitude would be hysterical. Lighten up and enjoy the heat. I wear long pants to immigration and funerals. And I never attend funerals

Edited by bunta71
  • Like 2

I wear jeans all the time when I'm out and about but I tend to wear shorts while I'm in the house although not all the time.

One of the main reasons for this is my footwear, I really like to wear shoes with socks. I wear casually smart shoes which look nothing like sportswear and have done for years now. This is just a personal preference and I've got used to is over the years although it can be a little warm at times.

I don't like sandals at all and we all know that 'socks and sandals' simply don't go together but that's a whole different thread.

Shoes and socks just don't work with shorts. I don't go to the beach and wearing jeans all the time I never get any kind of mosquito / fly bites on my legs but I get the occasional one on my arms.

I wear shorts most of the time but different types depending on the occasion. Just for hanging around the house the old baggy type and a t-shirt do fine. If I'm off to town then I will wear a more dress like pair with a proper shirt and shoes. Long pants are reserved for visits to Immigration, funerals and any more formal occasions. When in Pattaya just about any garment seems tobe ok.

I wear jeans all the time when I'm out and about but I tend to wear shorts while I'm in the house although not all the time.

One of the main reasons for this is my footwear, I really like to wear shoes with socks. I wear casually smart shoes which look nothing like sportswear and have done for years now. This is just a personal preference and I've got used to is over the years although it can be a little warm at times.

I don't like sandals at all and we all know that 'socks and sandals' simply don't go together but that's a whole different thread.

Shoes and socks just don't work with shorts. I don't go to the beach and wearing jeans all the time I never get any kind of mosquito / fly bites on my legs but I get the occasional one on my arms.

"Shoes and socks don't work with shorts"

I disagree. But you have to choose what kind. I have several pair of good walking shoes (Rockports) that I wear as well as other casual types. I think a pair of wingtips would be a bad fit.