Walen School - cobra snake problem

MacWalen

I agree about getting a cat as the snake(s) is only there on occasion. Also have the number to hand of a local hero.

Get a cat.

In the last year here at my home in Phuket my cat has killed 6 snakes that I know of. Maybe more.

Why do I know...because she leaves them at the front door for me.

Two of the snakes were cobras.

Fantastic, love the prowl. She's protecting you because you took her in. Can't beat the loyalty of a pet; it's a shame us 'superior' humans aren't as obliging. wink.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my Commando jungle training , we were told to run a line of salt around the perimeter, believe it or not we went from being snake infested to zero over night. And yes this is true, some us here were actually Special Forces

I'm just special.

Does that count?

• Like 1

During my Commando jungle training , we were told to run a line of salt around the perimeter, believe it or not we went from being snake infested to zero over night. And yes this is true, some us here were actually Special Forces

I'm just special.

Does that count?

And damn it, carrying sacks of salt around all day was a real pain in the ass. I dare not tell you what we carried for Elephant repellant. sad.png

• Like 1

I saw my first cobra while about to step into the shower in Udon.

It was a baby. The housegirl looked in, laughed at me, got a broom and swept it outside.

That was the last time I went barefoot in the yard. facepalm.gif

We have a lot of rattle snakes around here. At least they let you know when they are annoyed by making a noise.

Edited by itsadryheat

A perfect oportunity for a good teacher to ensure the student knows the diference between snake rat and the pretty girl on the counter. Of course the books do not allow this flexibility do they.

We may not have it in the course materials but teachers certainly can introduce new words when necessary. We do not apologise for having structured approach to teaching Thai. Free style teach whatever kinda thing does not work very well. What we do on the other hand produces very good results. It works so we keep doing it. Great many happy students harry.

Edited by MacWalen

A perfect oportunity for a good teacher to ensure the student knows the diference between snake rat and the pretty girl on the counter. Of course the books do not allow this flexibility do they.

We may not have it in a book but teachers introduce new words when necessary. We do not apologise for having structured approach to teaching Thai. Free style teach whatever kinda thing does not work very well. What we do on the other hand produces very good results. It works so we keep doing it. Great many happy students harry.

Mac, you are not a native English speaker are you ?

I'm not. If you think my writing is strange and weird sometimes you are totally right. Hopefully you can understand most of it.

Yes I can, but a head of a language school sad.png . Just my thoughts.

Don't you know that success comes from employing people who are smarter than you? That is what I do, I hire smart people and they do a good job for the school. That is the secret of our success. Not just smarter but also better good looking than me.

• Like 1

I'm not. If you think my writing is strange and weird sometimes you are totally right. Hopefully you can understand most of it.

Don't you know that success comes from employing people who are smarter than you? That is what I do, I hire smart people and they do a good job for the school. That is the secret of our success. Not just smarter but also better good looking than me.

Hmmmmmm, I might apply for a job then. thumbsup.gif ............biggrin.png

Ok, you got me, sign me up.