365 sports/tv package

sunny and hot

Been very unimpressed with them also since signing up. Both Arsenal and Spurs matches tonight have no HD which was previously promised. Also they have missed the start of several matches in past weeks. Furthermore, the system for skipping through matches doesn't work well at all. Unsure whether I will persevere with this company.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was the first time this season I've had any issues with it. Both the Chelsea and Tottenham game kept cutting out (maybe weather related), plus as others suggested a lot of the football is in still SD which doesn't look good on a laptop or TV.

However, it is still essential for me as I cannot get CTH in my condo and with them having Championship football as well that's a huge bonus. Overall I'm happy with it, but last night wasn't great.

There have been issues with 365sport. I know that during heavy rain it affects their HD broadcasting. Not really used it much this weekend, but watched the highlights show from yesterday just now with no issues. I think other issues are the fact that some processors aren't able to cope with live streaming. They really should be more precise with minimum computer specs required. I love the football and hope everyone can access as best as possible. Hence the reason I've contributed so much to this forum.

• Like 2

Overall I'm very satisfied with their coverage.

Watched a number of matches over the weekend and rugby: All Blacks - Springboks. Too many breaks in transmission especially with the rugby (delayed). The breaks seem to be Astro's problem as their messages kept appearing.

Anyone else have the same problem?

There have been issues with 365sport. I know that during heavy rain it affects their HD broadcasting. Not really used it much this weekend, but watched the highlights show from yesterday just now with no issues. I think other issues are the fact that some processors aren't able to cope with live streaming. They really should be more precise with minimum computer specs required. I love the football and hope everyone can access as best as possible. Hence the reason I've contributed so much to this forum.

And please continue to do so mate thumbsup.gif

I alsothumbsup.gif had a problem with the free trial as i couldn't get it to work on three different machines shame really as i think the concept is good but ultimately flawed.

Well, I did sign up 3999bt promo for the year ,and must say that I'm pleased that I did . Not had any probs so far except Astro channels dropping out due to weather ....as used to happen when receiving it ,or True , via satellite before.

Not being able to quickly switch between games can be a drawback , but being able to watch any program that was broadcast on any of the 6 channels over a long time span , on demand , more than makes up for it .

Tried it on another laptop and it also worked , so ,for me at least , no issues so far.

And please continue to do so mate thumbsup.gif

I alsothumbsup.gif had a problem with the free trial as i couldn't get it to work on three different machines shame really as i think the concept is good but ultimately flawed.

I also has problems getting it to work during the free trial. Main problem was that it didn't work under Win XP. I contacted support and they said that Win XP requires OpenGL drivers to run. I couldn't find them so installed Win 7 on one PC and no problems with setup and running since.

Did you contact support with your problems? They are very helpful & reply reasonably promptly.

I'm using the basic TOT internet package with the laptop connected to the TV via a good quality HDMI cable and it's working fine so far. Few breaks in the broadcast the other day (Man C vs Eve) which I assume was weather related, but had the same with True when it lashed down.

Initially it was a bit glitchy but the processor was getting maxed out, was fine after I stopped any other programs.

With regards to watching a YouTube video at the same time, you're using more broadband width. Make sure you have exited all torrent downloading programmes completely. This will cause you problems when watching 365.

I emailed them and they told me it was my internet speed. Sent me a link to check my speed. Turns out mine was 13.8mb first time then 8 mb.

As regards to processors. It worked with no problems on the free trial so im a little stumped to why i have problems now.

They want me to tell them how many times it cuts out in a hour and send them my ip adress.

I also have a problem when i want to fast forward it. Likes to cut out too.

Hope i can work it out as previously it was great!

Yes they show bundesliga. Leverkusen vs Munich live this Saturday. Plus many others available on delay.

Thank you for the information.

How much delay are we talking about? 1-5 minutes delay or several hours?

Yes they show bundesliga. Leverkusen vs Munich live this Saturday. Plus many others available on delay.

Thank you for the information.

How much delay are we talking about? 1-5 minutes delay or several hours?

about 2 minutes on a live game. I think on demand stores all programmes from about the last 5 days.

With regards to watching a YouTube video at the same time, you're using more broadband width. Make sure you have exited all torrent downloading programmes completely. This will cause you problems when watching 365.

I emailed them and they told me it was my internet speed. Sent me a link to check my speed. Turns out mine was 13.8mb first time then 8 mb.

As regards to processors. It worked with no problems on the free trial so im a little stumped to why i have problems now.

They want me to tell them how many times it cuts out in a hour and send them my ip adress.

I also have a problem when i want to fast forward it. Likes to cut out too.

Hope i can work it out as previously it was great!

make sure you do the speed test with the 365 player closed and close any torrent programmes in order to get an accurate reading.

I've recently subscribed to both 365Sport and ThaiExpat, using the android box.

Great packages offered, but impossible to FF. So if the internet goes down when watching, say, a film, 5 minutes from the end, you have to watch the whole thing again. Plus (not a problem with sports programming) the audio lag, sometimes very noticeable, can spoil enjoyment when watching films and series.

But for the price I suppose it's pretty reasonable.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Major problem with 365sport on Sunday. No Motogp (apart from 10m) & no F1 - due to MEA unscheduled maintenance.

Looks like they don't have a backup generator. If that had happened during a busy football time there would be many unhappy punters (including myself).

I'll continue on a month by month basis as I'm not totally convinced that they are a long term solution.

what's MEA? I've been on holiday, but had been working fine before that. If astro are carrying out maintenance, then it's not really 365 fault.

Metropolitan Electricity Authority. 365sport had a message to the effect that they were 'affected' by the MEA's unscheduled work (power cut) and on Sunday afternoon - no live TV or recordings for a substantial number of hours.

Nothing to do with Astro - it's a local (Bangkok) problem.

To add:

The cut started around 12:15 and I'm not sure when it finished but Motogp & Fi were not available live or on replay. Other sports already recorded before the cut were available so the power cut seemed to only affect the live feed from Astro.

I don't know 365sports' logistical setup - have they a server in one location not affected or with a backup generator and the live feed equipment in another or with no backup generator?

Edited by khunken

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for today's F1 qualifying in India and can't see any sign of it in the TV schedule for any of the channels. Come to that, no sign of the race for tomorrow.

P.S. Avoiding the results so please no spoilers in your responses, if you have already seen.

Open a ticket and send a message. They've recently switched star sports to Eurosport. However. Fox sports plus HD. Shows all sports in HD, that arson star sports in sd. They've said they'll leave the sports plus on HD for El Classico tonight. However no channels in HD for EPL tonight as yet :s

No El Classico on 365!!! Very disappointing!

Yes - and that's not all.

El Classico? no
F1? no - only qualifying
Motogp? no - only qualifying
Chelsea v Man City? no - <deleted>

Are we seeing a cheapening policy? Looks like it. No long-term commitment from me.
  • Like 1

I got an email from them last night apologising for no HD broadcast. Fox sports plus shows star sports coverage in HD. They were having issues broadcasting in HD. New broadcasting equipment to permanently broadcast in HD is currently at customs, should be received next week and installed the following week, according to them.

I got an email from them last night apologising for no HD broadcast. Fox sports plus shows star sports coverage in HD. They were having issues broadcasting in HD. New broadcasting equipment to permanently broadcast in HD is currently at customs, should be received next week and installed the following week, according to them.

Can they not broadcast the missing stuff in SD? Forgive my ignorance but surely actually broadcasting the matches is more important than spiffy HD.