TrueVisions Sound Problems

BKKBrit

I am an avid viewer of History Channel and noticed in the past couple of months that the sound cuts out for 2-4 seconds at least 2 times in every 30 minute show such as Pawn Stars or Rick's Restorations.

And today, after their much advertised 'changes' to bring us crystal clear HD to CNN, the sound was choppy as was HBO HD making it preferable to lip-read - which is not a skill I have sat down to learn.

All other channels are fine. Just these. Anyone else having these problems on TVisions?

Yes, noticed it last night watching CNN after the much vaunted 'upgrade'. The sound was much better before.

Probably a compression issue which their decoder can't handle.

Well done True Vision. Another improvement that meets the proscribed Thai standard for excellence.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Cornelius

Yep, same with mine. I'm thinking True Visions just isn't worth the cost so will be calling to cancel at my next payment date and see if they beg me to stay with them and offer a huge discount, as mentioned in a recent thread.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it is just me, but after the last 'upgrade' True did I was seeing on some of the HD channels not only audio pauses but video breaks as well. Our box is set for Thai language as default (the wife watches it a lot more than I do) and every break in audio would revert to the default setting. Pain in the @ss!!

I thought at first it was the TV itself, but that is fully HD compatible and less than a year old. I am on-site at the minute and haven't checked the state of the service after their last effort.

I'm glad this thread has been started.

There have been problems with the audio for the BBC World Service (radio channel 230) for a while now, but since the channel reorganisation it has spread to CNN HD and other channels.

I've emailed Truevisions ([email protected]) and would recommend that others do, as they do respond to complaining emails and they are especially vulnerable to complaints at the moment following the loss of the Premier League rights.

Such a shame as the new CNN HD looks great but is impossible to listen to!

I will get onto True immediately as I also have sound issues on our latest HD smart tv. Seems only to be on CNN and not all the time. I put it down to the rain last night but today is dry and still a sound break-up problem.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reply from True:

We have refreshed the signal from our end. Please reset the decoder box by following the steps below:

- Unplug the decoder box, and take the smartcard out.

- Wipe the smartcard with a clean cloth.

- Wait for a few seconds.

- Put the smartcard back into the decoder box. Plug in the decoder box and turn it on.

Please recheck the signal after rebooting the box.

We also have cooperated with the relevant department to sort this out.

If you have any question, please e-mail or call us at 0-2725-2525.

• Like 1

True just came up with their stock reply. Sorry, not gonna work.

Have already tried the reboot / clean smartcard routine a few times as I'm having the same problems with History HD for the last 3 months. CNN started acting up after they switched to HD.

Remarkable how clueless they are sometimes. I was also given the same advice on the phone this morning. This after calling them at 21:40 last night, put on hold and then at 22:01 the line disconnected. Called back and auto-message said the office was closed.

Tried watching Christiane Amanpour last night on CNN..she sounded like she was on crack.

One thing I was told about History - last month - TVisions said yesterday's 'fixes' should resolve the issue. If it doesn't, it means the fault lies with History. They back tracked very quickly when I told them that Lifetime is on the same beam (a sister of History) and Lifetime is perfectly ok. She said they'll call me back....and never did of course.

• 4 months later...