BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SumetCycle

2014 Suzuki V-Strom

Maybe I missed something, but isn't this just Suzuki's version of the Versys, about 40k Baht more expensive and without the dealer support network?

With about 10% more HP, 5% torque, and built in Japan.

So probably what one would get adding a pipe, filter and fuel controller to a Versys, which would probably cost more than 40k anyway, plus you're still left with a modded Thai bike compared to a stock Jap one.

Correct and don't forget a V-Twin engine. Love them V-Twinsthumbsup.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's coming but all the reviews I've read the Versys and Suzuki are very close in terms of performance. The 2013 V Strom doesn't even have USD forks (Versys does), maybe the 2014 does? Plus it's 40k more expensive than the Versys, which is a lot of mods or a few fun tours up north. We already have the CB500X and the Versys.

I just wished they'd brought something a bit different rather than more of the same (even if it is 10% better that what's already here, which is debatable). I also question the dealer support for a new model, I haven't seen too many Suzuki dealerships springing up all over the place but hopefully that will follow.

So IMO the 2 line up like this...

Versys 40k cheaper

Versys loads of dealer support and cheap spares

Versys tons of aftermarket parts

V Strom "maybe" 10% better if you ride more fire trails than roads.

My main hope is that the Japs will do the same thing with some other, more exciting models, maybe they're realizing that Thai consumers are fed up with ripoff prices and it's better to sell a load of bikes at small margins than one or two bikes at massive margins.

Fair play to Suzuki for doing this, I commend them - I just wish they'd chosen something a bit more exciting. What's next, the mighty Gladius to compete with the er6n and CB500F? I'd rather see a 2014 GSXR750 at 400-450k to blow the competition out of the water...

350 k is good price but v strom is a bike around for long time and looka and performs the same for 10 years.

I hope suzuki brings gixxer 600 or 750 as well soon.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agree with the comments on dealership network, etc. Nonetheless excited that Suzuki becomes another player in the Big Bike market. For me the difference of 40,000 Baht I assume. Versys is 310,000 something I believe vs the V-Strom 350,000 is more than justified by the fact that the V-Strom is a fully imported model and not manufactured in Thailand. Right now in the pre-launch period you also get free 1st class insurance, and register.

Probably excited as it looks different than yet another Versys on the street....:)

Damn'it spoiled for choice now: Was considering the KTM Duke 690 or a Mulitstrada, but could not quite bring myself to cough up the high prices. Waiting to see the new Hypermotard prices, which at least are closer to 500,000 than 800,000. I know pretty much different purpose bikes, but then again, i am not so sure what i am going to do with the bike yet anyway....time will only tell, after many years cars only. My heart says KTM Duke 690R....yammy. Brain says V-Strom.

I recently went to a Suzuki dealers' meeting. Suzuki Thailand will sell the bikes first and then give existing Suzuki small bike dealers the option of opening a Suzuki big bike showroom. It may take some time, but eventually there will be Suzuki big bike dealers all over the country. We are also a Suzuki small bike dearer and are thinking of opening one of the big bike showrooms here in Nonthaburi.

Would be great if you did Brian, best of luck that it works out for you.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I recently went to a Suzuki dealers' meeting. Suzuki Thailand will sell the bikes first and then give existing Suzuki small bike dealers the option of opening a Suzuki big bike showroom. It may take some time, but eventually there will be Suzuki big bike dealers all over the country. We are also a Suzuki small bike dearer and are thinking of opening one of the big bike showrooms here in Nonthaburi.

Suzuki sure as hell could use a boost, don't see many Suzuki's on the streets nowadays.

Suzuki sure as hell could use a boost, don't see many Suzuki's on the streets nowadays.

same as kawasaki before they went the niche/big bike route.

maybe suzuki will follow with the same tactics.

I just ordered one, unseen. :o) Bank deposit 15000 baht. Have no time to go to BKK now and i wanted to place the order before 25th Sept for the promotion. Expected delivery - December.

I have been waiting for the Versys to come out with a new model for more than a year now. I had hope it would happen 2013 and now it seems it will not happen for the 2014 model eihter. (Don't like the awkward looking headlight).

What do you guys think about the price? Will it drop after while as seen on many other newly introduced bikes?

/T

^

I ordered my bike without having seen one in person either;)

I think the price is damned good for LOS (certainly lower than I would have guessed)- I doubt it will drop, and if it goes down 20K in a year, so what? I'd rather have and enjoy the bike for a while than wait for a possible price drop that might never come.

Good for you- you'll dig the V-Strom.

I dont think the price will go down. Most probably it will go up as it is already cheap for some reason.

Congrats for your new bike.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I couldn't wait, I'm in a taxi in bkk but the driver and sales person seems not be able find out to get there.

Can some nice person here point the Suzuki Avenue on Google map and post here?

Thanks

Navigating Bangkok was never in my boyhood dreams....but it's a bloody nightmare now!