Greek claims Thai girlfriend swindled him out of Phuket property, two million baht

Lite Beer

Greek claims Thai girlfriend swindled him out of Phuket property, two million baht
Phuket Gazette

greek.jpg

Greek national Konstantinos Vardas occupying a spot in the middle of the road. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: A distraught Greek was found lying in the middle of the road in front of a property that he claimed his girlfriend had cheated him out of, along with about two million baht.

When Konstantinos Vardas's mid-road protest caused a traffic jam in the vicinity of Tha Reua Temple, Thalang Police and Kusoldham rescue workers were called to the scene.

“We found Mr Vardas, 56, in a distressed state. He was shouting something about wanting his property back,” said Capt Narong Muangduang of the Thalang Police.

“We used a translator to communicate with Mr Vardas for about one hour, and learned that he was certain that his girlfriend had cheated him out of both the property and about two million baht,” Capt Narong said.

After Mr Vardas regained his composure, police brought him to Thalang Police station to try to establish the facts of the case.

“My partner's name is Kanwee Wanwijit. She is 50 years old, and we had lived together for three or four years. We bought a house at Phuket's Baan Charoen Sook Estate to live together in,” Mr Vardas told the police.

“When I came back from my trip to the USA, I learned that the document of property ownership had been transferred. Moreover, about two million baht had gone missing from my bank account.

“Now I have no money to buy any food," he said.

Mr Vardas was unable to find his partner to sort out the situation.

“I'm in a desperate state, and would like my embassy to help me,” he said.

The Tourist Police have been contacted with regards to the case, Capt Narong explained.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Greek-claims-Thai-girlfriend-swindled-him-out-of-Phuket-property-two-million-baht-22250.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-15

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of these critics are harsh. To live through life without ever trusting anyone is not my idea of a decent life. My Thai friend cheated me and my wife out of milions but the fact that he was a long time good friend hurt more than the loss of money. Everything is in my wifes name. If you can not trust your wife then you should not marry her . Unfortunately in Thailand it is the man's conciet that is the problem. He thinks he is so hansome or a desirable husband that his wife is marrying him for love and not his money. He should first look at his future wife and ask him self would a similar girl in his own country would marry him for love. He is too full of himself to admit that he could not find a young or desirable girl in his own country to marry him.

You see so many young girls married to old men here who obviously married them for thier money and many are anxiously waiting for them to die or perhaps are conspiring somehow to get rid of them.

That is sad about your long time friend cheating you. Life really does not play fair sometimes, I do not know about the people involved in the story posted but they are of a similar age and on the surface does not perhaps look like a bargirl story.

It is a bit pathetic that people post crap about something without any info. I hope the prick of a friend who cheated you gets what they deserve.

Edited by scotinsiam
  • Like 1

You see so many young girls married to old men here who obviously married them for thier money and many are anxiously waiting for them to die or perhaps are conspiring somehow to get rid of them.

this is news?