Greek claims Thai girlfriend swindled him out of Phuket property, two million baht

Lite Beer

<deleted> sake - what a bunch of <deleted> have posted here. You have no idea what went and are quick to slag of the guy and basically laugh at him. Lets hope you have no misfortune in your life. Grow up.

What misfortune? He practically gave it away. My dad taught me to never give a woman or a church access to my money. And as hard as money is to come by, you would have to be a fool to do so. Even when I was married to an American woman we had separate accounts and 1 joint account. No idea why we even had the joint one, because we kept all of $10 in it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rent house is better and give "partner" a joint ATM account with small baht in it, then things like this can not happen,

nuff said

Unfortunately there are a lot of really dumb guys out there.

I would never ever trust a Thai enough to put a house in their name unless it was something I could afford to lose. Giving her full access to his bank account is just dumb.

I personally know a guy who had a joint account with his Thai gf and told her it was only for on going living expenses. She waited till he left the country then cleaned out the account and bought herself a condo with the money.

I never trust any Thai, not just because this country is full of liars and thieves but I know from experience they take anything they can get from you as long as you now watch them 24/7.

Motto is: no property or house in gf name, no shared bank ac.

When you live by this rule you sleep good at night and don't need to worry about losing house and savings.

Maybe you lose you gf when she find you you are too clever but more easy to get a new gf than new house and savings :-)

Remember their have been multiple documented cases of foreigners suing their ex wifes and winning to get the money he paid for house back in his bank account. Problem with this forum is that no one checks Thai law, which clearly states that the person that paid for the house, is the one who has the right to it, of the proceeds of its sale.

I personally know of 5 cases where a judge has ordered the house sold and the proceeds given to the foreigner who paid for it. Even in one case, the judge clawing back the assets of the ex wife to pay the foreigner. Actually in all law schools in Thailand, there is a documented test case that all lawyers must study that shows how the person who purchases the property (a Thai female owner and a male foreigner buyer in the case) is not necessarily the sole owner of the said property, if that person did not pay with their money. This is regardless of you signing a document that says it was not your money on the day of land purchase. Banking documents prove otherwise!

You would have no idea how pissed off the Thai wife becomes when the court orders her to sell her house and give all the money back to the ex husband!

Don't believe all the BS coming from barstools!

This is very good information to know but can you separate yourself from the barstools and list where to find these multiple documented cases?

Edited by zeekgarcia

I prefer calling him a fool instead.

Before transferring any funds or buying assets in Thailand. I did involve my Lawyer in preparation of legal documents and got it signed from my wife. In what soever case might be my Thai partner will not be able to claim any of the assets. smile.png

This is a lesson for all of us who wants to stay in Thailand for long term.

There is a devil behind every smiling face.

How many times have we all heard a similar story. Hard to know whether to feel sorry for the guy or call him a fool ....

I am in a relationship and have a lot of money invested in my/our future with my wife here. I am in 100%. But that means protecting myself as well as my wife. I have a nut buried away that my 25 yr old son can access for me if all goes to hell. If it never does it's good. I don't mean it's a million dollars or anything but enough to make some rent someplace and move on in life. I hope I never have to use it. All that said, if she wants me out she'll have me out and I will just have to just eat it. I knew that when I started and I know that now as it will be tomorrow. It doesn't seem that complicated to me.

I say that is very risky way to behave.

Don't over 50% of relationships fail... and you know what they say about a woman scorned.

If everything bare this buried nut are not in your name and potentially you could lose it all, I say you do not do yourself any favours, and also put any offspring at risk. Like a boxer, protect yourself at all times.

• Like 1

This guy isn't a victim.

He is a former inmate and a violent, abusive and dangerous alcoholic.

This is the second incident from him in less than a week.

He needs to be taken into custody by the BIB before he hurts some one or kills himself...or both.

Earlier in the week he threw every bit of glass and crockery in his house, plates, cups, saucers, light fittings, out on to the street in front of his yard. This was in the evening around 8pm at night. This is a busy but small thoroughfare and both lanes were scattered with shards of broken glass and pottery. A dozen or so people had the tires on their cars and motorbikes shredded as a result of this lunatic and his acting out. He was hurling abuse and kitchenware at several young Thai girls that were commuting home from work on their scooters. To my utter amazement the police were called but did nothing because the Greek was out of his tree on booze and he had locked himself inside his yard behind the gate.

He claims to be broke and has no money for food. But have a look at the photos in the article...How come he has money for cigarettes and booze?

This loser needs to be locked up and then deported.

So did you personally witness this? How do you know that he is a former inmate? Did he tell you or just rumours? Is there the slightest possibility that the 2 incidents are related? I think I would have a hissy fit if this happened to me!

Visit the guy in Soi Wat Tha Reu and make your own assessment. You can find him from the Photo of his house. He sits outside every day chain smoking and drinking ouzo from a coffee mug. Just try to strike up a casual and friendly conversation...even offer to help. No doubt you will be abused and have something pelted at you as well. Or if that is not evidence enough for you visit the Police box at the Heriones monument and check how many complaints have been made against this idiot.

His other claim to fame is that he walks around his moo ban in nothing except for his dirty underpants. Not on random occasions but on every day.

The house he is staying in is rented. You can also check this by talking with the Poo Yai Barn. And so the story about having the title deed signed over to someone else by his ex is a drunken fairy tale. Re-read the original news article, he is a foreigner so his name could not have been on the chanote, even as a tenant in common with his ex, it is all lies and drunken BS. The only way his name could be on the chanote if it is stamped there by way of a usufruct or a registered 30 year lease. If either of these examples were true, then he hasn't lost anything and still has the right to occupy the house.

As for loosing 2 million baht from a bank account...this bloke would never have seen that amount of money in his life.

Just another penniless alcoholic, out of his brain on booze, clinging to straws to stay in Thailand because he has no where else to go.

I will repeat my opinion again so that it is crystal clear:

This guy needs to be locked up and deported before he injuries or kills an innocent member of the public, or commits suicide.

WATCH THIS SPACE...

I believe your account, Phronesis. You have no reason to make this stuff up about this guy. Which just shows you how gullible the sheeps on TV are. They all bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Perhaps I should repeat your comments in a clearer, more concise way: THE GREEK MADE THIS STUFF UP! HE DOES NOT OWN ANY PROPERTY AND NEVER HAD 2 MILLION BAHT!

Another thief in a land of thieves. What a surprise. Next.

Agree but I wonder how often this happens in other countries? It seems to be almost a national occupation in Thailand.

It does of course happen everywhere to one degree or another, however here it is (as you say) becoming an "occupation" and happening a lot more often than it should.

Poor Poor guy,i feel genuine sadness for a fellow human being.Without a doubt there exists some really decent people in this world but there's also some real dirty lowdown b--t---ds.This is genuinely not intended as a joke but his g/f was more than aware of a ''Greek bearing gifts'' I also hope she's always very aware of the Thai saying ''FAR ME DAR".

Well at least the BIB have the name of the fraudster. Poor old sod has no brass to pay them off to get his assets and money back so I doubt much will happen.

I would love to see follow up stories on things like this to see what happens.

Things like this happen so often I wonder at your interest. It seems there is no end to the naiveness of Western men--although I am sure it is not simply a racial thing--who apparently have never mastered a sexual, or any other, relationship with women. What magnifies the gullibility of these individuals is the fact they know this happens all too frequently and know they cannot own property here and know giving open asscess to your funds is ill-advised at best.

Men most definitely have two heads, and only enough blood to allow one to function at a time. Have I become callous? I have no sympathy for these dolts.

I prefer calling him a fool instead.

Before transferring any funds or buying assets in Thailand. I did involve my Lawyer in preparation of legal documents and got it signed from my wife. In what soever case might be my Thai partner will not be able to claim any of the assets. smile.png

This is a lesson for all of us who wants to stay in Thailand for long term.

There is a devil behind every smiling face.

How many times have we all heard a similar story. Hard to know whether to feel sorry for the guy or call him a fool ....

Legal documents here are worth the paper they are written upon.

I also have a lot of dosh invested here with my wife and family.....in fact I am just going to go over and smooch up on the sofa with her just to make sure things are still all ok.

• Like 1

Next hot bit of news like this will be "Sun rises in the East and sets in the West"! Yes those of us who have been around will make jokes about this. It's either laugh, cry or kill the bitch. I prefer laugh. And if you haven't been scammed by a Thai here, you haven't been here long enough, or very blessed indeed. I know I paid for her (and my) education....

I have a friend in a situation that resembles this.

Without his knowledge, his money-grabbing Thai wife went to the city hall and made some amendments in the "Blue book" (the book that lists all the people living in a house).

She was listed as "phu asai" ("occupant) and my friend was listed as "chao ban" (owner).

Well, she changed my friend as being "occupant" and herself as the "owner" of the house. Just like this.

My friend just found this out recently.

This is not the land deed (chanote). So the consequences are limited I guess.

Edited by peterbkk9

Next hot bit of news like this will be "Sun rises in the East and sets in the West"! Yes those of us who have been around will make jokes about this. It's either laugh, cry or kill the bitch. I prefer laugh. And if you haven't been scammed by a Thai here, you haven't been here long enough, or very blessed indeed. I know I paid for her (and my) education....

Anyone who talks like you clearly came here for a living situation without knowledge of the country. Also as evident is that you are poorly traveled and never have lived outside your own country until moving here.

This guy isn't a victim.

He is a former inmate and a violent, abusive and dangerous alcoholic.

This is the second incident from him in less than a week.

He needs to be taken into custody by the BIB before he hurts some one or kills himself...or both.

Earlier in the week he threw every bit of glass and crockery in his house, plates, cups, saucers, light fittings, out on to the street in front of his yard. This was in the evening around 8pm at night. This is a busy but small thoroughfare and both lanes were scattered with shards of broken glass and pottery. A dozen or so people had the tires on their cars and motorbikes shredded as a result of this lunatic and his acting out. He was hurling abuse and kitchenware at several young Thai girls that were commuting home from work on their scooters. To my utter amazement the police were called but did nothing because the Greek was out of his tree on booze and he had locked himself inside his yard behind the gate.

He claims to be broke and has no money for food. But have a look at the photos in the article...How come he has money for cigarettes and booze?

This loser needs to be locked up and then deported.

So then ,Shall you be the Oracle of Truth ..? wai.gif

Better still if Farangs started to find honest women who have enough respect for themselves (and you) to hold down a proper job. Why do men always get tied up with either bargirls or internet whores who only want a farang for money? Their usually have kids (not yours) to keep and expect a farang to do it when their Thai ex husband has run off with a younger woman (or guy). If they have kids it's their responsibility, unless of course you adopt them. Stupidity seems prevailant here eh?

Rent house is better and give "partner" a joint ATM account with small baht in it, then things like this can not happen,

nuff said

• Like 1

some of these critics are harsh. To live through life without ever trusting anyone is not my idea of a decent life. My Thai friend cheated me and my wife out of milions but the fact that he was a long time good friend hurt more than the loss of money. Everything is in my wifes name. If you can not trust your wife then you should not marry her . Unfortunately in Thailand it is the man's conciet that is the problem. He thinks he is so hansome or a desirable husband that his wife is marrying him for love and not his money. He should first look at his future wife and ask him self would a similar girl in his own country would marry him for love. He is too full of himself to admit that he could not find a young or desirable girl in his own country to marry him.

You see so many young girls married to old men here who obviously married them for thier money and many are anxiously waiting for them to die or perhaps are conspiring somehow to get rid of them.

I agree that some of the critics are too harsh but the rest of what you say is not necessarily the case. Particularly "He thinks he is so hansome or a desirable husband that his wife is marrying him for love and not his money" is pure conjecture and in all likelihood describes you. And "He should first look at his future wife and ask him self would a similar girl in his own country would marry him for love" is absurd. In his own country the guy would not seem so special to a girl so there would rarely be the chance to go out with her and no opportunity for a meaningful relationship would ever exist. Here the man appears to be someone special and in posession of a means to take care of her and and potential children so he naturally draws more interest from a woman. Here he has a chance whereas in his home country he would be snubbed out of hand. A guy who sees it all as ego and avarice is going to be a loser wherever he goes.

Anyone who talks like you clearly came here for a living situation without knowledge of the country. Also as evident is that you are poorly traveled and never have lived outside your own country until moving here.

Oh, you know me so well, not lol

My knowledge of the country prior to coming here, and the knowledge and experiences gained here in the past 8 years would lead me to think I know the country and its people pretty well.

And how the hell do you get "poorly travelled" and "never lived outside your own country" from what I wrote? Oh wait, you ASSUMED, and you know what they say about that ...