Greek claims Thai girlfriend swindled him out of Phuket property, two million baht

Lite Beer

Listen guys you lot take it from me right here. I met the mother of my daughter 9 years ago, she was 18 i was 35. This girl was brand new, and i mean brand spanking new. When i pulled them knickers down for the first time, i was chipping out of the rough with a sand wedge. I had the bar, three actually. Sold them a long time ago. As a 35 year old man at the time, i had to watch, listen and console grown men twice my age who had been taken to the cleaners by Thai women. It wont happen to me was the cry, until the shit hit the fan. It was a very humbling experience seeing a conveyor belt of guys getting systematically robbed blind. Truth is , there is no way to stop it. The place is set up for it. People who have been here for a while will agree with me when i say the most difficult part of moving out here is the lack of routine. The one thing we all come out here without is the consciousness of routine and the implications that surround one of the most fundamental things every one of us have in our culture. From the time we leave that cot we are all regimented into out culture. From the first cries of, get out of bed, your breakfast is on the table and your going to be late for school. Right up until you are ground hogged in a job that is, "for many, not all". Tedious, boring depressing and basically living a life of building up to a weekend on the same orders. Week in and week out. We are for the most part institutionalized in the UK, over there we have a rough idea what we will be doing next week, maybe two weeks down the line, we mostly know what we will be doing in the evenings, the mornings, the noon's and the nights. Our women are also institutionalized, as a man we are looked at as a provider and a breeder. This is where most of the problems start. We are a vulnerable peoples, especially when our routine has been striped away and we have a licence to think for ourselves. Yes, we all think we think, but we do not think outside our culture zone because we never have a situation over there where we need to. You come out here and for the first 2 years you are waking up looking for your uniform, boots, suit, boiler suit, you name it. The place and the people here are a fair ground ride, we get on board and we cant get off. We are drifting on a daily basis in a world of emotional instability, insecurity, and ignorance. For us this is a lethal combination because we have always lived under the work, family, routine blanket. Only so much can go wrong there and what does go wrong, most of it is predictable anyway. Out here you are alone emotionally, you need to think for yourself, occupy yourself, become extremely vigilant, conscious, and smart. This is the reason why 90% of the under 50s fail here. The ones who have money can afford to be taken advantage of and still survive, then again money and emotions can conflict. As for my wife she is manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This has not been influenced on her by sadistic Pattaya journey girls, she does not drink, smoke and work! If i can get an 18 year old clean slate 9 years ago and do nothing but offer trust, advice, security, status, money, car, house, and this person is naturally unsentimental, heartless, disrespectful, deceitful and genetically flawed, what chances do most people have.

An interesting post.

Don't you think it's the "brand spanking new" infatuation you had with your wife that is what she used to get you "on the hook" and then her bar girl "training" came later????

For most, that training starts prior, but in some cases, it can come later.

I know guys who have gone up to the villages, directly, and picked and paid for girls, before they were sent down south to work in the bars - just the way the Thai "scouts" do.

They thought they were smarter than everyone else - a few years down the track and they ended up with the same monster for a wife, as if they met them working out of a bar. In fact, I think these girls were worse, because these girls have never had to go with various customers to be able to send money home, so, they don't know the dirty work of a bar. They carry on like spoilt children.

There are big new houses up in the villages in Issan with new pick-up trucks parked out the front. Your 18 year old "pure" Thai girlfriend, and wife to be, goes home and gets coached on what to say and how to act in order to gain the same assets out of you.

Seriously, unless a foreigner meets an independent, non-racists, Thai women, of equal education, and equal income, and similar age - it's just about the money.

Thailand is not the place to think that your love with conquer all in a relationship. You relationship will not be like the movie "Pretty Women" with Julia Roberts.

Many of the Thai girls hide behind "Thai culture" and say "we have to take care family darling" - it's not Thai culture, it's the poorer Issan girls that have to do this, so they are constantly looking to earn more money from their trade.

The house you build for "mama and papa" up in Issan, or that block of land "for rice farm" is going to be her retirement plan - and you will not feature in that plan.

Money can come from many customers, or just one customer, who is more wealthy and generous. Either way, it's about the money.

From your post, I get the feeling that you think boredom is the foreigners worst enemy here. I hardly think being treated like an ATM is a great way to escape boredom. If that's the case, one should take up online gambling as a hobbie, because at least then you have a small chance of a return, because with a Thai women, once the money goes to her, or her family, it's gone from you forever - no chance of return whatsoever.

You can only but laugh at the girls that say, "If you not take care of my family I have to go back to work in the bar." - can't guys just see that she is still "working in the bar" - except now, she has only one exclusive customer. It's as simple as that.

In fact, the lies and deceipt are greater in these long term relationships. To be able to look someone straight in the face, everyday, and know you are "screwing them over" and they haven't go a clue, can be viewed as impressive. It takes the callousness of hardened criminal to perpetrate this against someone.

If we were to break it down into simple accounting (baht) - with guys building houses in Issan, sending money, buying motorbikes and cars in Issan, buying gold, paying for weddings and the dowry (sin sod) buying land in Issan and "working" that land, buying the family a business in Issan, buying their girl a business on Phuket (usually a salon) etc etc - if you were to add all of this cost together, one could have legitimately employed a maid to cook and clean for 7 days a week and gone out and taken a home a different girl, every night, and been ahead financially.

It doesn't even make economic sense. smile.pngsmile.png

Once again, for the record, NKM is under 50, single by choice, self funded, never had a Thai girlfriend/wife, never sent money for sick buffalo, never bought a bar, never "bought" property here. Basically, an expat living like a tourist.

To be honest most of what you have said is in the same theme as my post. You have made a point here saying that her bar girl training came later. My post is about the fact my wife has never worked as a bar girl because i got her "Brand spanking new" as we said. The point i am making is they do not have to work as a bar girl to become, manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This is part of their genetic make up, as i am living proof.

Brand spanking new. rolleyes.gif Oh yeah she's just like a commodity you know like a new car you bought. I see you have also attributed her behavior to genetics rather than family upbringing something like how it's genetic for a black person to like fried chicken. whistling.gif

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way some of you are married to or in a relationship with some thai girls shows that well it's not really love especially in the western sense. Looks very much like a financial transaction. Better not let my young wife have access or know how much assets i have if not it will be gone. Need to be careful of her it's genetic for her and her kind to cheat, lie and steal but i'm still married with her.

Actually this form of companionship is rather common in the olden days where families married one another for the sake of politicial connections or to keep their bloodline pure. Just take matchmaking in india for example. It is rather common or how royal families married off their children and their children didn't have a say in it as to whether they even liked one another.

You guys agree with me that it's these damn romance movies and novels that have clouded our minds as to love conquers all and only love matters and ignore the fact that ppl do marry to get some young thing to have sex with or for an atm machine or a green card etc etc.

The way some of you are married to or in a relationship with some thai girls shows that well it's not really love especially in the western sense. Looks very much like a financial transaction. Better not let my young wife have access or know how much assets i have if not it will be gone. Need to be careful of her it's genetic for her and her kind to cheat, lie and steal but i'm still married with her.

Actually this form of companionship is rather common in the olden days where families married one another for the sake of politicial connections or to keep their bloodline pure. Just take matchmaking in india for example. It is rather common or how royal families married off their children and their children didn't have a say in it as to whether they even liked one another.

You guys agree with me that it's these dam_n romance movies and novels that have clouded our minds as to love conquers all and only love matters and ignore the fact that ppl do marry to get some young thing to have sex with or for an atm machine or a green card etc etc.

Its actually very common in the west too. Its just disguised more carefully. Afluence makes a man much more attractive. Poverty does not. An overweight man in their 60s driving around on a honda dream does not stand a chance against an overweight man in their 60s driving around in a Ferrari. It basically boils down to: what is the definition of prostitution?

• Like 1

Rent house is better and give "partner" a joint ATM account with small baht in it, then things like this can not happen,

nuff said

I agree 100 per cent. And I hate to admit that I feel that way about Thailand and many of its people but I have seen too much of this type of thing. My first trip there was in 2004. I loved it. Loved the people. I almost bought a place in 2005. But I just don't trust tying up any amount of significant assets over there. Even if the person you are involved with is a good and honest person, they can be pressured or coerced or threatened to conspire against you. The mob or mafia goes after her family and relatives and friends unless she helps the crooks go after you. Of course if you suggest to just rent instead of buying and have a small or separate ATM account you are likely to be pressured and hear: "you don't love me", or "doesn't feel like a good home". I know of lots of decent arrangments that have lasted a long time over there and here in the USA, but I am amazed at how often I hear Thai women and their co-horts swindling and running off with things. Of course, it just may be the sensational news aspect of the story. Maybe percentage wise it is below the average that crimes like that happen in other countries?

If surf was up in Issan you would have me and hoards of my Ozzy cobbers here.Leave them to Bali and Phuket.

But there is no surf in Issan so what is your point? That Issan would be great if it was in Phuket?????

Edited by lapd

Maybe if he stopped wasting money on cigarettes, he could afford food. But now he has to worry about the inevitable heart attack/stroke/limb amputation/lung cancer etc. that is to follow due to his unhealthy cancer stick habit and will probably bankrupt him more than he has already been bankrupted by his Thai wife.

I'm 50 and my Thai gf is 24. In Australia, when I was 33 my gf was 16. So I won't do anything in Thailand that I wouldn't do in my own country. w00t.gif The Aussie girl is my best friend. Age difference means bugger all, unless your idea of a night out is playing bingo.

I understand a couple of guys on this forum knows the nutter subject to this thread and have said he's an idiot and lying etc etc. But can one of you indicate how you actually know that he didn't buy the home and have 2 mill in the bank, or are you just assuming this because he's a <deleted>?

Just asking.

For some people thinking doing bad then do some merit (donation) at temple will vanish the sins have done was wrong thinking as the money was not our hard earn money cannot making merit by this way.

What you mean Armed with Amulets does not work? Sh8t all those wasted hours.....

When I came to live here (Thailand) 13 years ago this topic would have ended long ago ie after the 1st page and a half perhaps with "your talking ..... so naff off you ....!!!" but the topic has stretched to 10 pages and what lies within is a terrible but true indictment of this country and most of its people. We soon become the very person we detested when we arrived here first. The angry old farang. Fact is we are (and there are of course exceptions to the rule) not compatible with Thai women outside the scratcher and most of what is available Thai men have already rejected and probably for good reason one must assume. And when one ventures off the beaten track you find Thai men every bit as gullible as foreign men except we don't see it in all its glory in the Thai Karaoke's and sing a song Cafe's. And for those who think they know it all did you realise that there are thousands of bars in Thailand for women, in particular those married to 'Farang' ie farang wives to go to where there are short time rooms and young boys every bit as lusty and hungry for money as the girls in the bars but at half the price.

• Like 2

When I came to live here (Thailand) 13 years ago this topic would have ended long ago ie after the 1st page and a half perhaps with "your talking ..... so naff off you ....!!!" but the topic has stretched to 10 pages and what lies within is a terrible but true indictment of this country and most of its people. We soon become the very person we detested when we arrived here first. The angry old farang. Fact is we are (and there are of course exceptions to the rule) not compatible with Thai women outside the scratcher and most of what is available Thai men have already rejected and probably for good reason one must assume. And when one ventures off the beaten track you find Thai men every bit as gullible as foreign men except we don't see it in all its glory in the Thai Karaoke's and sing a song Cafe's. And for those who think they know it all did you realise that there are thousands of bars in Thailand for women, in particular those married to 'Farang' ie farang wives to go to where there are short time rooms and young boys every bit as lusty and hungry for money as the girls in the bars but at half the price.

You are so right about the angry old men bit. Too much time on the keyboard and suddenly, they know it all. Blind to the fact that most of their half-my-age wives/girlfriends are fooling about with other Thais or foreigners!

I hate the, 'I don't trust Thai women, I don't send any buffaloes money, I've never bought land/house or a business and I'm still single other than paying girls for sex', great sense of being and security for the future ha??

I don't claim to have worked out the key to life here. I've had a failed marriage to a Thai but happily working on the next. No she's not a bar girl but even if she was, there are good and bad everywhere, right?

I suppose Thailand is what you make it. If you refuse to immerse and act like a d*ck then yes, you will get scammed and fleeced. If you are so scared to commit cos of the horror stories you hear from other d*cks, then that's your prerogative.

Personally, I've been here about 9 years, still under 40, married to a lovely, hard-working lady from a good family and loving life far more than I would back home and no, I've never sent money to isaan for a sick buffalo!

You are so right about the angry old men bit. Too much time on the keyboard and suddenly, they know it all. Blind to the fact that most of their half-my-age wives/girlfriends are fooling about with other Thais or foreigners!

I hate the, 'I don't trust Thai women, I don't send any buffaloes money, I've never bought land/house or a business and I'm still single other than paying girls for sex', great sense of being and security for the future ha??

I don't claim to have worked out the key to life here. I've had a failed marriage to a Thai but happily working on the next. No she's not a bar girl but even if she was, there are good and bad everywhere, right?

I suppose Thailand is what you make it. If you refuse to immerse and act like a d*ck then yes, you will get scammed and fleeced. If you are so scared to commit cos of the horror stories you hear from other d*cks, then that's your prerogative.

Personally, I've been here about 9 years, still under 40, married to a lovely, hard-working lady from a good family and loving life far more than I would back home and no, I've never sent money to isaan for a sick buffalo!

"I hate the, 'I don't trust Thai women, I don't send any buffaloes money, I've never bought land/house or a business and I'm still single other than paying girls for sex', great sense of being and security for the future ha??" - why do you hate this attitude? I freely admit this describes me, at this point in time, except for the "I don't trust Thai women" part. I have openly stated this on TV.

I take everyone on face value, but let's be honest, Phuket is a crime haven in Thailand. Such crime can be violent, or not violent, involving confidence scams and dishonesty, and most of it is being committed by bar girls.

I'm not sure how your statement is related to one's "security for the future." My collective "money" is in a few various first world countries, and is making money. (dividends/interest/rent)

I can't even spend the interest here, and I say that not to state I am wealthy, in fact, there are many more people more wealthy than me on Phuket, but why would I use the capital that is making money and suplplying me a great lifestyle here, to buy a business, or property that's not in my name, or "adopt" an extended Thai family and put up with the constant requests for money?

You last sentence is: "I've never sent money to isaan for a sick buffalo!" So, your post is a little contradictory. You hate the guys that state they have never sent "money for sick buffalo" but state you haven't either.

You hate the old married guys with the young wifes, and you hate the single guys. Is there any demographic of expat that you don't hate????

Not all single guys are sex addicts for cheap Thai bar girls. I'll take home a farang girl on here on holiday - no problem. I've had the odd "friend" fly in from back home and stay with me.

What I hate is those whose answer to EVERY problem here is, "I get the Thai missus to do it." I don't NEED a Thai gf/wife to do what I can do myself, and if I can't, I'll learn how to do it, or where to go to do it, or what documents are needed to do it etc etc.

As far as "great sense of being" - I enjoy my freedom. I have come to Thailand as it's a more free society, allbeit, mostly due to corruption, to my home county. I am not at a point in my life where I want to restrict that freedom by starting a relationship - with anyone.

At the moment, my life here on Phuket/Thailand is legal, self funded, affordable, offers freedom and is extremely low risk.

I'm not a slave to a wealthy Thai Phuket family, or a Thai women, legitimate or bar girl. What's wrong with that????

Each to their own, I say.

Numbers don't lie. There are endless stories of guys getting scammed. Stories of it working out are few and far between and you really have to look for those. I think people get cynical because they see it happen so often. I'm not just talking hypothetical either. Seen it happen to pretty much all my friends here. Same old story so I won't bother you with the details. Not one has worked out of about 20 relationships I know of. Guys lost their houses, their businesses, yada yada you have all heard the stories and they are absolutely true.

The guys who come on here to say their girl is different and it actually can work out are still in that denial phase. Maybe the first year or two of the relationship. I suspect maybe half the guys who say it's been much longer then that are lying.

Edited by lapd

Numbers don't lie. There are endless stories of guys getting scammed. Stories of it working out are few and far between and you really have to look for those. I think people get cynical because they see it happen so often. I'm not just talking hypothetical either. Seen it happen to pretty much all my friends here. Same old story so I won't bother you with the details. Not one has worked out of about 20 relationships I know of. Guys lost their houses, their businesses, yada yada you have all heard the stories and they are absolutely true.

The guys who come on here to say their girl is different and it actually can work out are still in that denial phase. Maybe the first year or two of the relationship. I suspect maybe half the guys who say it's been much longer then that are lying.

Sorry! I think you've gone a bit over the top, yes we all know of the bad examples, but there are some success stories, some of the Thai/ Farang marriages are even into their 30or 40 years, what percentage are successful after 7 yrs I've no idea, I believe the figure for the UK is about 50/50.

its only 60k it will be a good leason for him. im.sure the greeks that he knows in.greece would have been happy to lose just 60k when the gfc hit. he is acting like a cry baby.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ray35ty

"I hate the, 'I don't trust Thai women, I don't send any buffaloes money, I've never bought land/house or a business and I'm still single other than paying girls for sex', great sense of being and security for the future ha??" - why do you hate this attitude? I freely admit this describes me, at this point in time, except for the "I don't trust Thai women" part. I have openly stated this on TV.

I take everyone on face value, but let's be honest, Phuket is a crime haven in Thailand. Such crime can be violent, or not violent, involving confidence scams and dishonesty, and most of it is being committed by bar girls.

I'm not sure how your statement is related to one's "security for the future." My collective "money" is in a few various first world countries, and is making money. (dividends/interest/rent)

I can't even spend the interest here, and I say that not to state I am wealthy, in fact, there are many more people more wealthy than me on Phuket, but why would I use the capital that is making money and suplplying me a great lifestyle here, to buy a business, or property that's not in my name, or "adopt" an extended Thai family and put up with the constant requests for money?

You last sentence is: "I've never sent money to isaan for a sick buffalo!" So, your post is a little contradictory. You hate the guys that state they have never sent "money for sick buffalo" but state you haven't either.

You hate the old married guys with the young wifes, and you hate the single guys. Is there any demographic of expat that you don't hate????

Not all single guys are sex addicts for cheap Thai bar girls. I'll take home a farang girl on here on holiday - no problem. I've had the odd "friend" fly in from back home and stay with me.

What I hate is those whose answer to EVERY problem here is, "I get the Thai missus to do it." I don't NEED a Thai gf/wife to do what I can do myself, and if I can't, I'll learn how to do it, or where to go to do it, or what documents are needed to do it etc etc.

As far as "great sense of being" - I enjoy my freedom. I have come to Thailand as it's a more free society, allbeit, mostly due to corruption, to my home county. I am not at a point in my life where I want to restrict that freedom by starting a relationship - with anyone.

At the moment, my life here on Phuket/Thailand is legal, self funded, affordable, offers freedom and is extremely low risk.

I'm not a slave to a wealthy Thai Phuket family, or a Thai women, legitimate or bar girl. What's wrong with that????

So what's the problem with my point of view? If you want to say, and rightly so, live and let live then why can't I disagree with some of your views? A little contradictory, don't you think? As I said, if people take in, get sucked in or are influenced by stories from other ex pats to the point where it stops them having relationships with Thai girls then 'that's your prerogative', clearly stated in my earlier post.

I'm not a slave to a wealthy Thai Phuket family, or a Thai women, legitimate or bar girl.

What are you insinuating? Just because you aren't in a relationship, the rest of us that are must be slaves?

This I do understand, see guys saying this all the time. However, I read, write and speak Thai fairly well now, motivated to learn as not to be dependant or open to others intentions. Anything important I need doing, I do it.
You hate the old married guys with the young wifes, and you hate the single guys. Is there any demographic of expat that you don't hate???
C'mon, there are more demographics than that living here. What about the young guys??? lol It's just the attitude I don't like, not the people. I'm too busy working, living and loving to hate at the moment. Maybe in the future when I have some real time on my hands, I can type all day and let the anger fester inside of me, until then, I'll enjoy myself and my family.
  • Like 1

Oh there are many many such bars for the fairer sex obviously. A male prostitute is known as a gigglo and they are exist in probably every country the world over.

Btw why did you pick out thai ladies there were married to farang or did you mean female farangs? What difference is a thai girl married to a farang from a thai girl that isn't? As for cheating spouses well everyone does it unless you are implying in an indirect manner that thai girls married to farang shouldn't cheat?

Anyway back to the thai gigglos women from other countries come to see them like japan, singapore, european countries. Even heard that one singapore female celebrity goes to thailand for that. The stigma isn't as bad as a man going to thailand for you know that. A female that travels to thailand isn't going to be so heavily scrutinized as a male and that applies for the western females going to jamaica,

Btw the females that seek out these gigglos are pretty generous i heard. Some of them buy gifts for them and support them, just search on the rent a dread and how these western women that seek out these jamaican dreadlocked men buy them gifts, give them lots of money and so on certainly more generous than the men that try to bargain a <deleted> job from 1000 to 500 bht.

The places that you mention are called "host bar" as far I know also woman married with Thais are regular customers but you believe or no the main customers of this places are the hookers ! Probably a kind of pshicologic revenge that make them feel good. Beside this I can assure you that there are a lot of foreigner that are very happy with their spouse and dosn't matter her background. I live with an Isaan girl for almost 20 years and I'm very very happy about my choice, we had some fight at the beginning but after that all was fine. I agree that there are a lot of sad story, but do not forget that what we know, usually, it's just the foreigner version of the story. I can speak Thai fluently and in the past I been involved in some mix couple trouble as interpreter, what I discover, was that many trouble were generated by leanguage misunderstanding and/or by the foreigner behaviour. For example, the Greek guy as far I know from local talks seems to fit what I just write above.

The places that you mention are called "host bar" as far I know also woman married with Thais are regular customers but you believe or no the main customers of this places are the hookers ! Probably a kind of pshicologic revenge that make them feel good. Beside this I can assure you that there are a lot of foreigner that are very happy with their spouse and dosn't matter her background. I live with an Isaan girl for almost 20 years and I'm very very happy about my choice, we had some fight at the beginning but after that all was fine. I agree that there are a lot of sad story, but do not forget that what we know, usually, it's just the foreigner version of the story. I can speak Thai fluently and in the past I been involved in some mix couple trouble as interpreter, what I discover, was that many trouble were generated by leanguage misunderstanding and/or by the foreigner behaviour. For example, the Greek guy as far I know from local talks seems to fit what I just write above.

The bars I am talking about are mostly frequented by 'Trophy Farang Wives' one in particular in Patong in Phuket. It is a very interesting nights entertainment. What is also interesting is how many Thai women who frequent these establishments be they farang wives or bar girls enjoy Woman on Woman. The Tom's do a roaring trade and not just in the bars. Chaps don't just keep an eye on your wife or girlfriend's male friends they too drink from the pink chalice You are of course right and there are many many successful relationships.... Your knowledge of Thai will also give you an insight into what they really think of us. And you are absolutely correct many many foreigners bring it upon themselves we have all met them.... Many here too sadly?

What I have learned in this topic is that people does not read more that the first ot last page on a thread before jumping to conclusions,

Someone repeatedly reported that the Greek does not own the house, he's an alcholic desperate.

But the chance of repeating tired "common knowledge" on Thai ladies honesty ,cannot be wasted just because that little detail. I think there is no subject in this part of the world attracting more interest.

So, go on guys....

Listen guys you lot take it from me right here. I met the mother of my daughter 9 years ago, she was 18 i was 35. This girl was brand new, and i mean brand spanking new. When i pulled them knickers down for the first time, i was chipping out of the rough with a sand wedge. I had the bar, three actually.

Uh-oh, the three bars gone, what a pity! Incidentally, it seems to me that this story of your is a very barstool one!

As for my wife she is manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This has not been influenced on her by sadistic Pattaya journey girls, she does not drink, smoke and work! If i can get an 18 year old clean slate 9 years ago and do nothing but offer trust, advice, security, status, money, car, house, and this person is naturally unsentimental, heartless, disrespectful, deceitful and genetically flawed, what chances do most people have.

The chance to walk away? Or you enjoy being in company of such a terrible person? Sorry, I can't make any sense of your posting at all.

Edited by paz

The bars I am talking about are mostly frequented by 'Trophy Farang Wives' one in particular in Patong in Phuket.  It is a very interesting nights entertainment. What is also interesting is how many Thai women who frequent these establishments be they farang wives or bar girls enjoy Woman on Woman. The Tom's do a roaring trade and not just in the bars. Chaps don't just keep an eye on your wife or girlfriend's male friends they too drink from the pink chalice  You are of course right and there are many many successful relationships.... Your knowledge of Thai will also give you an insight into what they really think of us. And you are absolutely correct many many foreigners bring it upon themselves we have all met them.... Many here too sadly?

Where is this bar?

Listen guys you lot take it from me right here. I met the mother of my daughter 9 years ago, she was 18 i was 35. This girl was brand new, and i mean brand spanking new. When i pulled them knickers down for the first time, i was chipping out of the rough with a sand wedge. I had the bar, three actually. Sold them a long time ago. As a 35 year old man at the time, i had to watch, listen and console grown men twice my age who had been taken to the cleaners by Thai women. It wont happen to me was the cry, until the shit hit the fan. It was a very humbling experience seeing a conveyor belt of guys getting systematically robbed blind. Truth is , there is no way to stop it. The place is set up for it. People who have been here for a while will agree with me when i say the most difficult part of moving out here is the lack of routine. The one thing we all come out here without is the consciousness of routine and the implications that surround one of the most fundamental things every one of us have in our culture. From the time we leave that cot we are all regimented into out culture. From the first cries of, get out of bed, your breakfast is on the table and your going to be late for school. Right up until you are ground hogged in a job that is, "for many, not all". Tedious, boring depressing and basically living a life of building up to a weekend on the same orders. Week in and week out. We are for the most part institutionalized in the UK, over there we have a rough idea what we will be doing next week, maybe two weeks down the line, we mostly know what we will be doing in the evenings, the mornings, the noon's and the nights. Our women are also institutionalized, as a man we are looked at as a provider and a breeder. This is where most of the problems start. We are a vulnerable peoples, especially when our routine has been striped away and we have a licence to think for ourselves. Yes, we all think we think, but we do not think outside our culture zone because we never have a situation over there where we need to. You come out here and for the first 2 years you are waking up looking for your uniform, boots, suit, boiler suit, you name it. The place and the people here are a fair ground ride, we get on board and we cant get off. We are drifting on a daily basis in a world of emotional instability, insecurity, and ignorance. For us this is a lethal combination because we have always lived under the work, family, routine blanket. Only so much can go wrong there and what does go wrong, most of it is predictable anyway. Out here you are alone emotionally, you need to think for yourself, occupy yourself, become extremely vigilant, conscious, and smart. This is the reason why 90% of the under 50s fail here. The ones who have money can afford to be taken advantage of and still survive, then again money and emotions can conflict. As for my wife she is manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This has not been influenced on her by sadistic Pattaya journey girls, she does not drink, smoke and work! If i can get an 18 year old clean slate 9 years ago and do nothing but offer trust, advice, security, status, money, car, house, and this person is naturally unsentimental, heartless, disrespectful, deceitful and genetically flawed, what chances do most people have.

An interesting post.

Don't you think it's the "brand spanking new" infatuation you had with your wife that is what she used to get you "on the hook" and then her bar girl "training" came later????

For most, that training starts prior, but in some cases, it can come later.

I know guys who have gone up to the villages, directly, and picked and paid for girls, before they were sent down south to work in the bars - just the way the Thai "scouts" do.

They thought they were smarter than everyone else - a few years down the track and they ended up with the same monster for a wife, as if they met them working out of a bar. In fact, I think these girls were worse, because these girls have never had to go with various customers to be able to send money home, so, they don't know the dirty work of a bar. They carry on like spoilt children.

There are big new houses up in the villages in Issan with new pick-up trucks parked out the front. Your 18 year old "pure" Thai girlfriend, and wife to be, goes home and gets coached on what to say and how to act in order to gain the same assets out of you.

Seriously, unless a foreigner meets an independent, non-racists, Thai women, of equal education, and equal income, and similar age - it's just about the money.

Thailand is not the place to think that your love with conquer all in a relationship. You relationship will not be like the movie "Pretty Women" with Julia Roberts.

Many of the Thai girls hide behind "Thai culture" and say "we have to take care family darling" - it's not Thai culture, it's the poorer Issan girls that have to do this, so they are constantly looking to earn more money from their trade.

The house you build for "mama and papa" up in Issan, or that block of land "for rice farm" is going to be her retirement plan - and you will not feature in that plan.

Money can come from many customers, or just one customer, who is more wealthy and generous. Either way, it's about the money.

From your post, I get the feeling that you think boredom is the foreigners worst enemy here. I hardly think being treated like an ATM is a great way to escape boredom. If that's the case, one should take up online gambling as a hobbie, because at least then you have a small chance of a return, because with a Thai women, once the money goes to her, or her family, it's gone from you forever - no chance of return whatsoever.

You can only but laugh at the girls that say, "If you not take care of my family I have to go back to work in the bar." - can't guys just see that she is still "working in the bar" - except now, she has only one exclusive customer. It's as simple as that.

In fact, the lies and deceipt are greater in these long term relationships. To be able to look someone straight in the face, everyday, and know you are "screwing them over" and they haven't go a clue, can be viewed as impressive. It takes the callousness of hardened criminal to perpetrate this against someone.

If we were to break it down into simple accounting (baht) - with guys building houses in Issan, sending money, buying motorbikes and cars in Issan, buying gold, paying for weddings and the dowry (sin sod) buying land in Issan and "working" that land, buying the family a business in Issan, buying their girl a business on Phuket (usually a salon) etc etc - if you were to add all of this cost together, one could have legitimately employed a maid to cook and clean for 7 days a week and gone out and taken a home a different girl, every night, and been ahead financially.

It doesn't even make economic sense. smile.pngsmile.png

Once again, for the record, NKM is under 50, single by choice, self funded, never had a Thai girlfriend/wife, never sent money for sick buffalo, never bought a bar, never "bought" property here. Basically, an expat living like a tourist.

To be honest most of what you have said is in the same theme as my post. You have made a point here saying that her bar girl training came later. My post is about the fact my wife has never worked as a bar girl because i got her "Brand spanking new" as we said. The point i am making is they do not have to work as a bar girl to become, manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This is part of their genetic make up, as i am living proof.

I disagree.

It's the "Nature versus Nurture" debate.

The negative personal attributes you mention, in my opinion, come from nurture (learnt) - not from nature (genetic).

Did you read the part of my post where she is taught in Issan how to get the new house, pick-up truck, gold etc etc. The bar girl "training" does not have to take place in a bar. It can take place simply over the phone.

All the Issan girls talk with each other up in the village. Many are friends and remain in contact. Their influence is always not too far away.

Same with the families. In fact, it's all quite competetive - who can get the most sent home from the daughter "working" or with the farang, down south. The mothers are the worst. In most cases, the mothers are the ones always pushing for more money. In some cases the mother is an ex bar girl herself. It's been going on so long now that it's spanning generations.

Don't you think, in a way, you have had a hand in creating your own monster?

No i do not agree, in my case her parents have money, and she was educated in this city not up north.

The bars I am talking about are mostly frequented by 'Trophy Farang Wives' one in particular in Patong in Phuket. It is a very interesting nights entertainment. What is also interesting is how many Thai women who frequent these establishments be they farang wives or bar girls enjoy Woman on Woman. The Tom's do a roaring trade and not just in the bars. Chaps don't just keep an eye on your wife or girlfriend's male friends they too drink from the pink chalice You are of course right and there are many many successful relationships.... Your knowledge of Thai will also give you an insight into what they really think of us. And you are absolutely correct many many foreigners bring it upon themselves we have all met them.... Many here too sadly?

If it's the one I think you're referring to, it was mostly Thai women and aged farang men, when I was dragged there to witness the more 'exotic' side of Thailand on a chum's sight seeing trip many years ago. Yuk doesn't even begin to cover it.

If it's the one I think you're referring to, it was mostly Thai women and aged farang men, when I was dragged there to witness the more 'exotic' side of Thailand on a chum's sight seeing trip many years ago. Yuk doesn't even begin to cover it.

No this bar is wall to wall with off duty Patong hookers, 'Farang Wives' and young Isaan boy jockeys. Its a kinda sing a song bar where the women buy the flowers and drinks for sexual favors on or off site.... It is a surreal experience for those of us who wrongly suppose we are the predators. Frequented also local by the local police looking for freebies.