Best Gym In Chiang Mai

ricklev

Can someone recomend a good swimming pool near Hillside, the one inside the condo is crap for swimming,, maybe I'll check out how much it is for the swimming pool at Orchid hotel, any other recomendations?

The Orchid and the hotel behind Kad Suan Kuew shopping center both have great pools, but the gym equipment isn't up to much.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone recomend a good swimming pool near Hillside, the one inside the condo is crap for swimming,, maybe I'll check out how much it is for the swimming pool at Orchid hotel, any other recomendations?

A friend of mine swears by the Amari Rincome's pool.

Good pool, but no gym.

Good pool, but no gym.

Was the OP after a gym? Is there any decent hotel gyms in CM - that don't cost a fortune.

Good pool, but no gym.

Was the OP after a gym? Is there any decent hotel gyms in CM - that don't cost a fortune.

Well the title of the thread is: "Best Gym In Chiang Mai, where is it"?

You tell me! :o

Good pool, but no gym.

Well the title of the thread is: "Best Gym In Chiang Mai, where is it"?

You tell me! :o

Maybe "Least Crap Gym in CM" would be a better title? I don't think there are any really good ones

I can remember when we used to dream about having gyms like the ones that are all over Chiang Mai today (and dream about having McDonalds and Pizza Hut too). They are GREAT compared to in the past.

You youngsters don't know how good you've got it! :o

Did they have electricity when you came here, grandad? :D

CaliforniaWow is doing promotions now, 789 baht per/mo, saw it at the Central Airport while at the movies. Not fully open till Feb, whatever that means, gonna check it out tomorrow.

It's hardly got a handy carpark though! I heard they have 3000 members - does that mean it'll be busy all the time?

CaliforniaWow is doing promotions now, 789 baht per/mo, saw it at the Central Airport while at the movies. Not fully open till Feb, whatever that means, gonna check it out tomorrow.

It's hardly got a handy carpark though! I heard they have 3000 members - does that mean it'll be busy all the time?

No clue, I'll check it out, never been to the one in BKK.

Just as I was leaving town the other day, I heard a rumor that all the little cuties who work at Platinum were resigning en masse. Can anyone confirm it? Oh well, I hope the management can bring in an equally cute crew, with equally short skirts. I'll be sure to look into this when I return in a few days.

Do you guys konw of any place that sells good food supplements in Chaing Mai. Is it possible to buy good protein shakes, creatine, vitamins (eas, twinlab etc.) anywhere??

Also a good natural testesterone booster called Long Jack-Tongkat Ali grows naturaly in Thailand.. so I wonder where I could buy that?

The GNC here is not the best as it has a limited selection and is kinda pricy. If you can bring your supplements with you or order them once you get here it would be cost effective.

Do you guys konw of any place that sells good food supplements in Chaing Mai. Is it possible to buy good protein shakes, creatine, vitamins (eas, twinlab etc.) anywhere??

Also a good natural testesterone booster called Long Jack-Tongkat Ali grows naturaly in Thailand.. so I wonder where I could buy that?

The GNC here is not the best as it has a limited selection and is kinda pricy. If you can bring your supplements with you or order them once you get here it would be cost effective.

I agree that the GNC here is not up to much, but it is not really their fault.

The Thai FDA won't approve new health products without mucho tea money, so they are very limited and very expensive.

If Tongkat Ali is the herb that I think it is, it is available in most drug stores. If not, there is something simular that is very well known here for taking care of one's willy! :o

If Tongkat Ali is the herb that I think it is, it is available in most drug stores. If not, there is something simular that is very well known here for taking care of one's willy! :o

like what UG?

btw, tongkat ali available in any pharmacy throughout malaysia. in CMI, you might want to try a little herb shop in Big-C. Small shop in front of mr. donut. a lot of herbs there.

• 7 months later...

Bump bump.

After months of doing sod all but a bit of running on my condos free gym area, I am missing my old state-of-the-art gym in London. My fitness level has gone out the window and im getting lazy.

California gym looks pretty good from their site, would you say this or Powerhouse is best.

I gen use cardio and weights but often like to take part in classes just to break the monotony. Like any yoga based class, based on martial arts, or dance. Not into aerobics or step stuff.

Any recommendations which is best or any new recommendations, esp those that have a good mix of male and female clients (or at least female friendly).

Also, would be great if you can post the membership costs and promotions if you know them. (I may move away from CM at some point, so prefer if i can go with a monthly membership)

Cheers guys! :o

like what UG?

btw, tongkat ali available in any pharmacy throughout malaysia. in CMI, you might want to try a little herb shop in Big-C. Small shop in front of mr. donut. a lot of herbs there.

There used to be a guy around that we called Doctor Boner. He promoted a Thai herb that is quite easy to find in many drug stores - I bought some in the shop with vitamins and such next to Boots on the second floor of Kad Suan Keaw. I couldn't member the name so I pointed to my willy and told her I was looking for an herb that made it healthy. She knew which one right away and when I checked her bottle compared to Doctor Boners, it had the same name. :D

If Tongkat Ali is the herb that I think it is, it is available in most drug stores. If not, there is something simular that is very well known here for taking care of one's willy! :D

like what UG?

There used to be a guy around that we called Doctor Boner. He promoted a Thai herb that is quite easy to find in many drug stores - I bought some in the shop with vitamins and such next to Boots on the second floor of Kad Suan Keaw. I couldn't member the name so I pointed to my willy and told her I was looking for an herb that made it healthy. She knew which one right away and when I checked her bottle compared to Doctor Boners, it had the same name. :D

:o

Nothing wrong with your balls UG that's for sure!! :D

JxP

ty sir. (actually powerhouse is closer to me than the wow one, and the condo block here has a pool..so me thinks ill be taking a looksee at powerhouse)

P.s im glad for you that all is in working order. :o

Yeah. I would start at Powerhouse if it wasn't so expensive.

I'm not into cardio and am only looking for a good selection of weights (and where the patronage is less than 90% gay - unlike Orchid Hotel gym).

Any suggestions on a not so expensive (doesn't need air con) gym that has a good selection of weights?

CM Orchid charges 1500/mo. Large pool, small somewhat tatty gym, but it has all the equipment (stairstepper, recumbent bike, treadmill, weight machines, free weights, etc.). Some Thai and farang women are clients. On Huay Kaew Rd. next to Central Kad Suan Kaew. They have trainers who do yoga classes, and I have seen trainers with Muay Thai boxers doing workout routines occasionally. Seems like a fairly female-friendly place...

CM Orchid charges 1500/mo. Large pool, small somewhat tatty gym, but it has all the equipment (stairstepper, recumbent bike, treadmill, weight machines, free weights, etc.). Some Thai and farang women are clients. On Huay Kaew Rd. next to Central Kad Suan Kaew. They have trainers who do yoga classes, and I have seen trainers with Muay Thai boxers doing workout routines occasionally. Seems like a fairly female-friendly place...

B1200 per month, B8,000 per year.

. . . and I would like to clarify that I have no clue as to the working order of UG's tackle I merely felt that the man must have some fairly serious balls to go up to the female assistant in Boots gesturing to aforementioned willy and conducting a conversation about Dr Boner!

JxP

I go to Fitness Thailand, which is on the 7th & 8th floor of the car park building behind Icon Square.

They have a variety of classes - step, aerobics, Body Pump, Body Combat, yoga, fitball etc., a well-equipped gym, and a spinning studio. They have huge changing rooms and are in the process of installing steam rooms and saunas. They will also be opening a spa treatment room too.

I paid 8,000 baht for a year's peak membership but I'm sure that they could quote you a price on a monthly basis.

I visited California Wow recently after they bombarded me with sales calls and hated it on sight. Too much pumping loud music and seriously hard-sell tactics. I prefer the sabai sabai approach of Fitness Thailand.

MCL

tnx mcl (just have to mention, what a gorgeous cat in your avatar!)

Can i just ask, does anyone know roughly the going rate for powerhouse? (As some of you mention its quite expensive). Would like to compare costs. Otherwise ill just pop in (but once you get in these places they do tend to latch on to you!)

Archived