BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ricklev

Best Gym In Chiang Mai

I have been told recently that the new shopping centre (when it opens) is going to have a Fitness first inside.

This is an expensive gym but a very good one and has clubs throughout the world. At least when they give you a price it is the same one they give to everyone that asks and that counts for a lot to me....

WOW offer no more lifetime membership, I was good luck that could make it in that time. About the price I do not think that different between Thai and Foreigner because we paid in the same price for 3 peoples Thai and Farang.

I hear the gym at Hill side plaza 4 condo is good size, but still never try, I work hard enough more than go to gym for a few hours so I do not need it too much smile.png .

I went along to Fitness Thailand today for a look and it looked good, apart from we did notice that there are a hell of a lot of benches and machines that require free weights to be used, but didn't seem there was any where near enough free weight disks to go round even half of them?

Can anyone who goes there let me know if this is the case....

Mind you didn't lookm as if they need any more members it was mobbed !!!

I went along to Fitness Thailand today for a look and it looked good, apart from we did notice that there are a hell of a lot of benches and machines that require free weights to be used, but didn't seem there was any where near enough free weight disks to go round even half of them?

I don't think there's a serious shortage of free weights, but since very few customers rack their weights they can be hard to find. Also, the place had become popular, it can get quite crowded Monday to Friday in the evening.

I don't think there's a serious shortage of free weights, but since very few customers rack their weights they can be hard to find. Also, the place had become popular, it can get quite crowded Monday to Friday in the evening.

Thanks for that, I went to look at 20:00hrs, could you tell me what sort of time it gets busy? I take it that it's about 17:30 ish??

Because I also checked it at 14:00hrs and it was great, hardly anyone.

I used the Gym at hillside 4 and for me it is everything I need

Before that went to WoW at Airport Plaza and after agreeing to one PT session just got sick of the sell sell sell and they did send on of the girls to make friends who I took out and she was giving me the story that they need to make sales targets or they ge tthe sack or get sent to another WoW for further training, it got all to much for me and in the end with a Thai friend of some status told thme if they contacted me again the Police would be called.

When I get back ti CM, if I stay at Hillside 4 will be there at the gym for sure

I don't think there's a serious shortage of free weights, but since very few customers rack their weights they can be hard to find.

When I was there it surprised me how many people had the strength to take the weights off the rack in the first place........putting them back would have been a major task.

Oh well, as long as there are mirrors to look in to, who needs weights?

I just recently paid for a 1 year membership at Fitness Thailand, my only complaint is that they only have 1 squat rack. Smith machines don't count IMHO.

Thanks for that, I went to look at 20:00hrs, could you tell me what sort of time it gets busy? I take it that it's about 17:30 ish??

Because I also checked it at 14:00hrs and it was great, hardly anyone.

I don't know about morning or lunch time, but I assume it's very quiet before lunch. It's not perfectly predictable, but from Monday to Friday it's pretty quiet from 2:00 to 5:30 in the afternoon. People start trickling in around 4:30 but it's after 5:30 that it starts to really fill up, and stays that way until around 9:30. Even during the rush you can get in a workout, but often you will have to wait for some of the more popular equipment. The aerobic exercise machines in working order are the most difficult to use during the evening rush. Weekends aren't as busy, but even then usually there are more people in the evening than in the afternoon.

I don't think there's a serious shortage of free weights, but since very few customers rack their weights they can be hard to find.

When I was there it surprised me how many people had the strength to take the weights off the rack in the first place........putting them back would have been a major task.

Oh well, as long as there are mirrors to look in to, who needs weights?

For some of them it's part of the reason they go to the gym: They do their last lift with a loud grunt, drop the weights on the floor with a big clang, then walk away doing their best "Terminator Strut", checking the mirrors out of the corner of their eyes to make sure people are looking.

I need a female-friendly gym on the *east* side of town. Mainly I need free weights and Smith rack; some machines such as leg press, leg extension, calf raise, pec/rear delt, cable crossover would be nice. Don't care about pool, sauna, group classes, etc.

I would appreciate any recent first-hand info about gyms (hotel or otherwise) in the Changklan / Night Bazaar and Watkate areas.

Also, I haven't seen the Sports Association Sports Club (on Tung Hotel Road) mentioned here. I would appreciate any first-hand info about that as well.

Thanks!

This is kind of an old thread but it does have some useful information, so I decided to add an update.

I made an evening trip to Fitness Thailand yesterday for the first time since they implemented their reduced hours--closing at 9:00 p.m. instead of 10:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday. I anticipated that reducing hours during the busiest part of the day would have bad results, but they were worse than I expected. At 7:30 the entire exercise floor was crowded and the free weight area was chaotic; every piece of equipment was in use with people milling around waiting for something to come available so they could use it.

In the past I've described Fitness Thailand as a best value choice for a gym in Chiang Mai, meaning it was the least bad of the bad options available. I'll qualify that description, if you're looking for a place to do an evening weight work-out, look somewhere besides Fitness Thailand. It's still an ok place for an afternoon work-out, but I don't know how much longer that will last.

There is clearly a demand for a well equipped, well maintained gym in Chiang Mai, why is it that no one is willing or able to profitably satisfy this demand?

I need a female-friendly gym on the *east* side of town. Mainly I need free weights and Smith rack; some machines such as leg press, leg extension, calf raise, pec/rear delt, cable crossover would be nice. Don't care about pool, sauna, group classes, etc.

I would appreciate any recent first-hand info about gyms (hotel or otherwise) in the Changklan / Night Bazaar and Watkate areas.

Also, I haven't seen the Sports Association Sports Club (on Tung Hotel Road) mentioned here. I would appreciate any first-hand info about that as well.

Thanks!

Have you tried the DuangTawan (Centara) gym, thats in your area and has everything you re looking for, 1200 baht for 1 month or 10,000 baht for 1 year,

they also have a swimming pool and suana.

Regards.